Introduce yourself

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
Actually, I'm curious as to why this wasn't already stickied. It's a pretty standard practice.

Is the Main6 team trying to be contrary cool kids?
Its because it's technically not an official thread; it's just a thread I made as soon as the forums were opened. Partially to make a worthwhile contribution to get my name out there early on, I will admit, but also to get to know some of the newer members better at the time. I suspected this thread would be a popular thread, as they normally are on all the other forums I've been on. As such, if a mod/admin wants to pin it to ensure new users see it, I have no qualms. But even if they dont, I suspect it will never fall too far off the map; new users will usually bump it up before that happens.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
it will never fall too far off the map
Mostly this. We don't like forums with eleventy billion threads pinned that make you feel like you've got to read through before you can even begin posting, so we keep it to the essentials. Having so many work threads pinned in the backers section was more of a necessity than a choice, as those are basically the entire point of that one section for now.

clawmaster

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Nov 30, 2016
Hello everyone! First time caller, late night poster. My name is Clawmaster. I am a Skullgirls player, streamer, and host of multiple online Skullgirls tournaments including Monday Night Blockbuster, Ultimate Show Stopper and Battlegrounds. It was sad to see how this game was shut down, but seeing the team at Mane 6 pull together to make the game still is pretty admirable. The Skullgirls Scene knows very well of your guys work, and I feel a good number of us in the scene also donated to this game. (Also its because its the same engine as Skullgirls too, ala Mike Z engine :^) ) I like what I see so far, and can't wait to see more come out in videos, and upcoming betas for the games.

For the record, I plan to main Olander.

Also I too am a brony.

Last edited by a moderator:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hello everyone! First time caller, late night poster. My name is Clawmaster. I am a Skullgirls player, streamer, and host of multiple online Skullgirls tournaments including Monday Night Blockbuster, Ultimate Show Stopper and Battlegrounds. It was sad to see how this game was shut down, but seeing the team at Mane 6 pull together to make the game still is pretty admirable. The Skullgirls Scene knows very well of your guys work, and I feel a good number of us in the scene also donated to this game. (Also its because its the same engine as Skullgirls too, ala Mike Z engine :^) ) I like what I see so far, and can't wait to see more come out in videos, and upcoming betas for the games.

For the record, I plan to main Olander.

Also I too am a brony.
Welcome. Welcome to the house that Mane6 built.

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
Yo. Only recently began following this game despite hearing about it a long time ago - boy was I missing out!
I'd really like to get involved in the community of this awesome game.

*hangs head in shame for not helping with crowdfunding*

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
Yo. Only recently began following this game despite hearing about it a long time ago - boy was I missing out!

Hey hey! No shame in jumping in late. Any support helps, even if it only arrives on release day. And quite honestly, until that day comes, you'll likely find that you're in the more uncommon group here, as I swear these forums are 80% backers at this point. :p
Anyways, hope ya like it here! And perhaps I'll see ya around at some point. ;)

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com

I'm on the late train as well, but as Kirby said, no there's no shame in jumping in late. Just because you're late to the party doesn't mean you can't try to be the life of it. I hope you enjoy your stay at our cozy little madhouse.

Reactions: Mage and Firekirby

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains

Hello as well. There is much here to whet your pallet, as I'm sure you saw. Be it talking about Thems Fightin' Herds, video games, forum games, forum RP, or whatever else, there is much to see and do. So welcome!

sokolgs

TFH Streamer
Jan 4, 2017
Russia, Moscow city
Hello my hoof comrades! Im from Russian TFH community!
Name's sokolgs, or just sok. NOT "SOKOL GS" or "SOKOL", OK?

Arizona is my new main. Let me get in Ariztotzka already!)
:arizona:
I am an admin, working on TFH social group, Steam group and discord server (links in profile).

This is social group wallpaper right now:
Group_wall2_low_res.jpg

Posting arts, news, making memes, drawing in Photoshop. I will post my work in other threads later. There's not much, but everyone says "damn, that's pretty good!"
We are going to build crowdfund for winners awards. When TFH will be available im going to stream it on Twitch and YouTube all day long.
I hope someone will donate for prize fund...
I contacted with the biggest rus brony groups and 3 of them promissed that will repost us when the hype starts.
For now we have 190 subs, but after release there will be MOOOCH MORE! I'll be exited as HELL!)

Now i will be active in discord, and on forum.
Looking forward to join this awesome international community!
Moos out! xD

Last edited:

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I was a golden and silver champion of Horse Fighting Tournaments on Fairs and Cons in MoosCOW from 2013 to 2016. Yep, that was a thing so long...
I played mostly as Apple Horse so Arizona is my new main. Let me get in Ariztotzka already!)
After the last Tournament, creator invited me to make next Tournaments! And now i am an admin, working on TFH social group, Steam group and discord server (links in profile).

View attachment 1190

Posting arts, news, Making Memes, drawing in Photoshop. I will post my work in other threads later. There's not much, but everyone says "damn, that's pretty good!"
We are going to build crowdfund for winners awards. When TFH will be available im going to stream it on Twitch and YouTube all day long.
I contacted with the biggest rus brony groups and 3 of them promissed that will repost us when the hype starts.
For now we have 190 subs, but after release there will be MOOOCH MORE! I'll be exited as HELL!)

Moos out! xD
MOOSCOW Genous, and hello welcom and chuck some coal into the hype train (but not too much)

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I was a golden and silver champion of Horse Fighting Tournaments on Fairs and Cons in MoosCOW from 2013 to 2016. Yep, that was a thing so long...
I played mostly as Apple Horse so Arizona is my new main. Let me get in Ariztotzka already!)
After the last Tournament, creator invited me to make next Tournaments! And now i am an admin, working on TFH social group, Steam group and discord server (links in profile).

View attachment 1190

Posting arts, news, Making Memes, drawing in Photoshop. I will post my work in other threads later. There's not much, but everyone says "damn, that's pretty good!"

Moos out! xD
Weclome! I'm sure you've seen it already, but there are plenty of things to do and see here. And fresh meat new faces are always welcome!

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com

View attachment 1190

Moos out! xD
Hello and welcome to the little community we have here! I'm sure you'll fit right in! Also, I wanted to give you a far bit of warning, there are some non-believers on this forum here. Don't listen to those heretics. Arizona is and will forever be best ungulate.

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana

Well you haven't really missed anything yet. The game is still heading out of the presses, you can rewatch any of the past workstreams to catch up on what you missed. Also feel free to join any or all the Discord channels that are available to get in touch with the community members.

View attachment 1190

Moos out! xD
Hey comrade sokolgs, I think we already herd each other on the Discord group. Welcome to the community.

Hello and welcome to the little community we have here! I'm sure you'll fit right in! Also, I wanted to give you a far bit of warning, there are some non-believers on this forum here. Don't listen to those heretics. Arizona is and will forever be best ungulate.
I beg to differ. The leech horse will drain your remaining life points for breakfast

sokolgs

TFH Streamer
Jan 4, 2017
Russia, Moscow city
I didn't missed anything but crowdfund, so i sweared to "spread the word", and thats what i successfully doing.
I realy want to get in the game as earlier as possible. Last time was said that Mane6 can help streamers/YouTubers with that.
Does that include my situation? If i can't get that access, then anyways i will buy it as fast as i can.

I'll be testing stream with my group and friends. Planned on 11 of March, 9AM PST, 21:00 (Moscow), right?.
Come if you can, or watch later. I'll try to make it better then yours now, and i need your opinion, Neo).

Well you haven't really missed anything yet. The game is still heading out of the presses, you can rewatch any of the past workstreams to catch up on what you missed. Also feel free to join any or all the Discord channels that are available to get in touch with the community members.

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
I didn't missed anything but crowdfund, so i sweared to "spread the word", and thats what i successfully doing.
I realy want to get in the game as earlier as possible. Last time was said that Mane6 can help streamers/YouTubers with that.
Does that include my situation? If i can't get that access, then anyways i will buy it as fast as i can.

I'll be testing stream with my group and friends. Planned on 11 of March, 9AM PST, 21:00 (Moscow), right?.
Come if you can, or watch later. I'll try to make it better then yours now, and i need your opinion, Neo).
Will do. Maybe we can make a streaming community later on. :)

Mage

A Normal Person
Feb 26, 2017
Oblivion
What got you on the bandwagon?
Well, I heard about the game's predecessor a long time ago, but for some reason I wasn't really interested. But, the game being dead in the water as it was, the next step logical step for me was to look into Them's Fightin' Herds. I quickly proceeded to get hyped! It looks even better than it did before the legal stuff happened.
Yeah I've actually been doing that haha (rewatching the work streams). Love seeing them talk about the development, and it also hypes me further because you can tell they take it all very seriously and know what they're doing.

I was actually in the last stream they did as well, the one in February. They even answered one of my questions!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

thedriveintheatre

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Hi everyone, I'm Andre, a journalist working in Singapore. I draw in my spare time and I'm a huge fan of driving/racing games and Overwatch!

I've been peeking in the forums and watching the work streams from time to time, but after I got the announcement that the Beta is coming in these next few weeks, I've finally signed up as a forum member yesterday!

I'm ashamed to say I don't play much fighting games nor have I touched this one's earlier incarnation.

But I was so won over by the rich lore and beautiful character design, as well as the fact that Lauren (whom I met in-person at Comic Con last year, she's so amazing!) is on board, that I knew I had to support this.

I'm so excited by how Them's Fightin' Herds (as someone who has to come up with witty headlines for a living, I love the title!) is shaping up and how passionate the fanbase is even before its release!

I hope we can have many fun discussions and play sessions together. ^^

CloppyHooves

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 27, 2017
Hi everypony!

I was pretty late getting into the Brony fandom. I had only be part of it for a few months when I saw the campaign for Them's Fightin Herds, and I knew I had to back it. I have never learned how to play a fighting game, so I don't think I'll be too good. I'm just here for the cute characters, and Lauren Faust, for hanging out in the lobby, and especially to show some love for Mane 6. :D

Cera Cyannis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 19, 2017
Hello everyone,

I want to start my introduction as a supporter of TFH off on a good note, I care deeply about all the hard work that was put into this project and have fallowed along since the early days. I am a fan of ponies as well, and a huge fan of Paleontology, I have a extensive knowledge of life in the past, and I currently work for a museum. I hope we can get along without misunderstandings.

Last edited:

PinkieFTW

Odie Dog
May 18, 2017
India
odiesocean.wordpress.com
Hi everyone,
I've been really hyped for this game ever since the Fighting is Magic days, even though I wasn't able to back it at all since I'm from India, and I'm an early teenager, so... :p (Also our family doesn't have much money anyway...) But it's really awesome that even after Fighting is Magic shut shop, they came back as TFH and now it's at beta stage (of course, with the help of people like you ;))! It's been growing up so fast! :D Anyway, the new characters and lore have gotten me more interested in the game now. :) In fact, they're the main reason I'm here, since I've never played a fighting game before in my whole life; I'm usually after simulation games instead. :p
Can't wait to see you around! :D

SouthpawHare

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
May 26, 2017
Hi all! I'm Southpaw Hare.

I've been around in other communities relating to both Fighting Games and Ponies. I play a bunch of fighting games, including Smash Bros, Street Fighter, Mahvel, Divekick, and Nidhogg. I also play Yomi, a card game made to simulate fighting games by SirlinGames, as well as historically have been a big part of that community. Finally, I'm also a game developer, and have done some hobby work on my own projects.

Here's a few things I've done:
  • A video about how Rock-Paper-Scissors is at the core of strategy in almost all games (co-produced with CloudCuckooCountry).
  • A video showing a RTS/Fighting Game I was working on for some time.
  • The rules for a fighting card game of my own design inspired by Yomi.
  • A picture of my pony character, Wanderlust, who has an insatiable appetite for exploration (images drawn by an artist friend).

I am a big believer in building a strong community when it comes to competitive games, and it seems as though ManeSix is as well. As such, I'm really excited to be a part of the community here and help in my own small way.

SomeKindOfTiger

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
Howdy there all! I've been a backer on IGG since day one, but just now getting started reading and posting in the official forums.

I'm in the game industry, a level designer, mostly on mobile games so far. As a player my real passion has always been PC and console though- everything from obscure indie games to mainstream AAA titles. I'm terrible at fighting games, but am a fan of them, mostly from having a bunch of friends who are generally into the scene. I do wanna get into FGC more myself, so I'll start by earning my salt and getting bodied a whole bunch on here lol.

Brony since the early days of FiM (2011), and Lauren Faust fan since even longer. Favorite pony is BlueAwesomeFast and unsurprisingly, favorite TFH character is Tianhuo. I love how this game is basically the perfect intersection of things that I like, and I love how this original IP rose out of the initial project getting slapped with a C&D.

If you see avatars running around the pixel lobby wearing salt shakers on their heads, that one was my idea; that was my backer item XD.

Nice to meet everyone and hope to play you online sometime =)

Last edited:

Delusional Dreamer

Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Hayyy imma Oliver aka TropicalSmile..i think im the only german fan of this game.i love Lawyer Friendly Equines as nearly everyone else here and i LOVE roller coasters..you can add me on steam if you want,my steam name is TropicalSmile..suprising isnt it?(best joke evaaa)
Welcome to the forums! It's always great to have new people here and I'm sure you'll fit right into this amazing community.

Reactions: TropicalSmile