Instant Blocking... ᴸᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵒ ᴶᵘˢᵗᶦⁿ

SnickerDoodle25

New Kid on the Block
Dec 31, 2019
I was in training mode, trying to find what Instant Block can work against. I found if you backdash after blocking Oleanders 5B it's possible to hit them before a 5C (and a 2C, but you'd get hit by it if you attack too late).

I also tried to see if it would work against a Tianhuo blockstring that I get hit by in the corner (2C into flight, then some air attack). Instant blocking the 2C then trying to hit them with a jab, 2A, or 6A against their j.A gave a varied result of it hitting, trading, and not hitting at all (usually the latter); against j.B, it was kind of the same, with trades happening more often. Same with j.C.

Most likely another case of Christopher Columbus Syndrome - if so, please link some instances where this mechanic worked/would've worked. But I haven't seen anybody talking about it, and I couldn't find much of a mention of it through Google. Understandable with how difficult it is to do consistently.

The file below shows an example of punishing Oleander's 5C using Arizona. I couldn't replay Oleander's blockstring while recording the combo, so I had to do that and the blocking at 25% speed. The blockstring also doesn't show up when attempting the (2 hit) "combo", only when watching it. Unsure if this would be considered a bug or not.

Attachments