If you could go back in time and save fighting is magic from being c&d'd...

Would you?

• I want my fighting ponies!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Fightin' Herds looks better.

Votes: 115 89.1%

• Total voters

Super Zat

The Quack Up
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
No way... for 3 reasons

1: Someday its likely that The Toy Company will change/kill the current version of Lawyer Friendly Equines, no matter how many people love it. TFH is now its own thing that can live on in place of (but maybe not replacing) Lawyer Friendly Equines after its death.

2: I like this new world they have created. It could be expanded on in sequels, new games, cartoons, comics and so on.

3: New fandom. Sure most of us came from Lawyer Friendly Equines fandom (no hate btw, I'm from there too) but the door is open to more people now. I'm excited for this new community.

Last edited:
Reactions: Firekirby

Anthony Rothstein

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
United Kingdom
TFH just has so much more potential than the pony version.
TFH has unlimited ability to go anywhere and do anything and isn't confined to The Toy Company's perspective and the world that was already laid out in FiM.

As much as I love Lawyer Friendly Equines and the characters from Friendship is Magic, we've been watching them for 5 years now and with the show and countless other mediums providing us with stories about them it's nice to see completely different characters and a completely different world get a chance and have a whole new story told.

Reactions: AuruM and Super Zat

FlameRat

A strange alicorn
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
blog.flamerat.org
I'm not sure, to be honest.

Fighting ponies is something that I can really have, but since it's a fan creation, the quality won't be as good as an indie title after all.

So... maybe for long term, I won't go and prevent the C&D. Especially after I already know that they would adapt the spirit of that game into a real indie title.

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
I would not save it, now we have something that is realy legit, and not just a "Fangame".

And playing around with Timelines is Bad.. realy realy bad, don't you know that guys? :p

Tsukaa

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Germany
tbh i would save it but mostly because the trouble it would probably have spared the "makers" of the fangame as well those who would liked to see it would be able to have it but then again i also wouldnt since those "problems" they had brought them here and now they have their own stuff even supported by Lauren and also who knows if this wouldnt have happened someday when the series ends or such

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
Duh if I have the power to go back in time I can game the system easily.

1. Wait until TFH is finished and save a copy, just in case.
2. Go back in the past and stop the C&D, grab a copy of Fighting is magic one it's finished
3. Go back in time a second time and stop myself from stopping the C&D
4. Go back to the present. I now have both game, and the world still has Them's Fighting Herds.

To those who will say that the copies of the games I prevented from being made should cease to exist... if that doesn't work the initial time travel doesn't work. If I can go back in time to prevent the C&D from happening, which would mean I don't have a reason for going back in time. Since it work that mean the alternate timeline still exist for me and with the help of time travel I can use a paradox to own both games.

xCROOKEDx

Strongest Bee in the World!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Them's Fightin' Herds is probably going to be better in nearly every imaginable way to Fighting Is Magic. I wouldn't go back and save FiM.

BDNation

you wot m8?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
if i were Marty mcfly, id probably would save the ponies and also tell mane6 to use the z engine for fighting is magic so it can still have that same quality as TFH.

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
i'd totally save it, some of ya didn't see how much of a problem it wasn't.
You've got a bit of a double negative going there, which implies that people saw the original game as problematic. Yet, I don't think anyone here is saying that. After all, TFH is becoming what Fighting is Magic originally set out to be, a solid fighting game. Only major change is the engine, which basically means we'll be getting a higher-quality game. Oh, and there are no longer any ponies, which is kinda better for the project imho; gives TFH more of an identity.

didyousaythat

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I prefer TFH over FIM because it has its own identity and the devs have more creative control over the game itself. Plus it has the potential to turn into a successful IP if all goes well.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 8, 2016
Somewhere.
I'm not that much into Lawyer Friendly Equines anymore (It's still probably a good show, just haven't watched it in years) so the fact that this game is it's own thing is great for me.

plus, now Mane6 can get paid to make it, so I probably wouldn't stop fighting is magic from getting a C&D.

also, how the heck would I even stop them from getting a C&D? I'm no Phoenix Wright or anything.

Reactions: Lazengann

Nivek_Draco

I don't even care what my username means.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
'MURICA
...would you do it?

Of course, this means that Them's Fightin' Herds would never be a thing and you'd have a less polished game due to Fighter Maker's restrictions, but you'd have your game several years earlier (and with ponies).

Also, accepting would ensure that all planned DLC characters would be released. Preventing the C&D is the only thing you're allowed to change about the timeline.
No. I want an excuse to hate The Toy Company for all it's worth.

Sleix

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'd say without the C&D, we wouldn't have had the awesomeness of Lauren Faust making this a more awesome game idea than the ponies themselves!

Sapare

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
There is technically more you could consider in the context of this, taking it far beyond the difference of Fighting Magic of Fighting Herd. If Fighting is Magic had never been C&D then that would speak for a world where The Toy Company's general policy toward Bronys and Fan creations would be vastly different. Probably Witchcraft and Mentally would also still be around and the Brony fanbase in a vastly different state.

For the creators of this game, I will assume that the C&D was somewhat of a godsend to them, ironically enough. But for the Brony fanbase(or just people) as a whole, you could analyze and "what if" this quiet a long way.

But in the end, this is the much more interesting path for things to take, so I guess, I am glad we are here today.

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
Probably... and Mentally would also still be around
Uh... Dawn Somewhere is still making MAS. They got hit for using show content initially, but have been running smooth with original animation for the plot ever since. They also restarted the series (though the time rewind is actually canon in a sort of groundhog day sort of approach) and started labeling the episode numbers as negatives to help differentiate the two.
That said, yeah... The Toy Company has some real issues when it comes to their fanbase management. Just wanted to clarify/inform.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I wouldn't and here are a few reasons.

I am not a big fan of Lawyer Friendly Equines however that does not mean this is the sole reason for me not wanting to save it, I will elaborate.

If FIM was saved we would probably not have TFH in development, this means the artists/devs would be restricted to use Lawyer Friendly Equines themed stories and such, with this new IP the artists and devs have full freedom to create a new universe wich they have, diverse characters (Instead of only ponies), and lore to a new world, with full freedom to do as they please with the franchise without having to answer to The Toy Company.

Secondly, TFH has more chances of reaching new audiences as even tho the characters are cutesy the gameplay alone can bring people in, in the case of Lawyer Friendly Equines since it already carries some prejudice thanks to the Show and the fandom could possibly turn possible players away since they don't want to be associated to bronies or the show.

So no, I wouldn't save Fighting is Magic, TFH will be way better and I am actually glad FIM was canned because now we will enjoy this new universe.

UngulateX

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 17, 2016
Personally, I still want a pony fighting game, just not in the form Fighting Is Magic was in.

Nowadays, I'd want something like Eyes Of Heaven.

Galaxy Heart

Caffeine-Based Life Form
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Down the ne'er-do-well.
Absolutely not.

It sounds disrespectful, but no.
TFH has surpassed FIM in terms of basically everything, story, mechanical depth (and that's what I'm interested in), character design and many more.

As well as now being their own IP that they can freely use, Mane6 can now dedicate themselves with full-time jobs in this game and this will invariably create a better experience for everyone involved.

It sucks that the C+D happened and all that work disappeared, but in this case, a fresh phoenix rose from the ashes, bigger and better.

Reactions: Firekirby