Ideal DLC Character

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I've heard discussion of this topic in other threads but I figured it might be cool to have a chat about them without possibly derailing another thread.

This could be ideal as in what they are, what they look like, what they act like, or what they play like.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
We'll have to be careful not to turn this into 'Which sapient ungulate do you wanna see in tfh?'. But I dig this.

Like you mentioned somewhere else, a universal character like Double from Skullgirls, Mokujin from Tekken or Necrid from Soul Caliber would be 'one a'spiceh meatball'!

Secondly, imma take this window to again say I'm sticking to my guns on having a grappler character that is a spider; it's dlc so forget the hooves xP I think it'd be cute to take a scary animal and make it fun. It could do poison damage or have a web attack like Arizona's lasso or that v.temporarily sticks the opponent to the ground. It writes itself!

Last edited:

Nacirema

Sociology Enthusiast
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
What about a character that specializes in inflicting status ailments on their opponent? Something like poison to steadily reduce the opponent's health or dizziness to reverse directional inputs. I suppose you can feasibly make a magic mechanic surrounding ailments. I think the closest thing we have to an ailment in TFH is Velvet's level 2 super that "chills" the opponent to slow their movement.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
What about a character that specializes in inflicting status ailments on their opponent? Something like poison to steadily reduce the opponent's health or dizziness to reverse directional inputs. I suppose you can feasibly make a magic mechanic surrounding ailments. I think the closest thing we have to an ailment in TFH is Velvet's level 2 super that "chills" the opponent to slow their movement.
kind of like Valentine in Skullgirls. I like the mechanic, but what animal would it be? It would have to be a magical creature of some sort.

Reactions: Ferettoko and Tox

Nacirema

Sociology Enthusiast
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
kind of like Valentine in Skullgirls. I like the mechanic, but what animal would it be? It would have to be a magical creature of some sort.
I figure the type of creature would depend upon the ailments that the character uses. It doesn't have to be a magical creature necessarily. For example If its poison/venom, then the snake predator shown in the latest workstream can work.

In a similar vein to Velvet's level 2 super, I've tinkered with the idea of a character that revolves around applying conditions to affect mobility as another example. A kelpie, a water fairy of Scottish mythology that has the form of a horse and can make its skin adhesive, can use water manipulation to make characters wet and slippery to lose traction or use its tar-like skin to make opponents sticky to slow them down.

Last edited:
Reactions: <|:n0n4m3:|>

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I had another idea for a character. Another partial clone, but I think the differences in play style would be so interesting that it wouldn't matter.
What if there were a regular deer of some sort? like a white tail or something. I was thinking it would have magic like the reindeer but based off of the forest instead of ice.
As far as play style the forest deer would be starkly opposite they would want to start far away and bring their opponent closer to them. They could even have a similar thing to freezing where a root holds them to the ground.
Last thing I have to say about forest deer is that I would imagine they worship the sprites of the forest instead of the reindeer's other way around. That would mean that Velvet would have an interesting rival of sorts or if the forest deer was male then possibly a "forbidden" love interest. And not even to mention the match ups. But to be fair Arizona's play style is to get the opponent close so IDK.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Clones can be fun thing. But, if I remember correctly, Fukua got added to Skullgirls as a 'joke' fan demand. So, with that in mind, I think out chances of getting a clone character are somewhat slim. But I'm certainly not against the idea.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Clones can be fun thing. But, if I remember correctly, Fukua got added to Skullgirls as a 'joke' fan demand. So, with that in mind, I think out chances of getting a clone character are somewhat slim. But I'm certainly not against the idea.
the most "clones" I have ever seen in any fighting game are the clones in Smash. I mean, there are at least 7.

Gryphon BBQ

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I'd like to see a Guanaco, why everyone speak about Llamas when Guanacos are cooler, bigger and wilder...

Zenopo

MERRY-GO-ROUND
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 17, 2016
the most "clones" I have ever seen in any fighting game are the clones in Smash. I mean, there are at least 7.
Don't forget about Street Fighter!
Ryu, Evil Ryu, Ken, Violent Ken, Akuma, Oni, Dan, Sakura, Gouken and Sean.

Gecko Tony

Forum Noob
Backers' Beta Tester
Mar 17, 2016
Can I just get Dan as a DLC character? He doesn't have to fight, I just want him wandering through the background of stages, looking extremely out of place.

MisterRockett

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This game is sorely missing a grappler.
And the answer is sort of staring us in the face with the main villains of the game.
Just introduce a lion or tiger or something with claws and fangs as a fighter and turn "Grappler" into "Mauler"

Reactions: VendiMANS

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
All character playstyles aside, i'd just like to see a villainous/antagonist character make it into the playable roster.
Like a cult of prey of some sort that worship the predators. Predator sympathizers of some sort. So there is an anti-hero who wants to stop the others from using the key to seal the hold, he/she wants to use the key to open it.
That sounds cool but unfortunately I think they said that the story would take you through all of the characters instead of each character getting their own story. But it would still be cool.

Orcool

Loves you to death
Feb 11, 2018
I'd honestly love to see a Fish character in the game. I'm not sure how it could work but I do think it would be quite fun to see a fish in action in the artstyle of this game. Iif Crossovers were a feasible thing I'd love to see Orcane from Rivals of Aether be that character since he fits so well already. If not the only other request I could give about it would be for it to be an Axolotl because they are just my favorite type of fish and the cutest little things ever. I honestly don't know much about character archetypes in Fighting Games, mainly 'cuz I'm a newbie to FGCs (I've honestly only played Smash 4 & Rivals of Aether semi-seriously in my whole life) But in that regard their gimmick could be based around throwing puddles to make characters slide around or using the puddles to summon deep-sea creatures for attacks.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
After the goat I hope we get a character that's a predator and a grappler too!

BTW I wonder if any post-goat dlc character will get a story mode too
From what I understand the story follows the 6 characters but not any one specifically. They have no plans for making DLC stories. But I hope we at least get some lore behind the characters.

VendiMANS

Argentine fgs player
Feb 5, 2018
Buenos Aires
Amaterasu from Okami, a fan character named Knick-knack, and a Pokemon.
who wouldn't want a fire wolf? Now that I think about it, I really want a predator with some special power and not just a predator
Oh, I know that oc, seems good but pretty unlikely, same goes for a pokemon (but maybe they can put something a bit similar instead of an actual pokemon obviously)

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
That's an interesting take. I didn't think of the dragons as predators.

Reactions: ty4brawl