Ideal Character Voices

Rick Sanchez

Feb 3, 2016
I think I remember somebody in a stream mentioning that they wanted to get an actual New Zealand voice actress for Pom, but that may just be me remembering what I want and not what actually happened.

Anyway, I'd imagine there would complications in trying to do such a thing, but it would be pretty neat if they did. Not that I have any idea who they could go for though.
Isn't one or more of the game developers located in New Zealand?

A Tree

The One You'd Like to Be
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 9, 2016
Isn't one or more of the game developers located in New Zealand?
That would be Jay. His actually being in New Zealand is what makes the idea somewhat plausible, but it's not like he's a professional voice acting agent or anything. Not only that, but depending on how they go about things they may have everyone doing their recording in a particular studio, likely in the US, and that means having foreign actors fly over, which I'm pretty sure is out of the question.

On a side note, I bet Jay was the one who pushed for all the sheep to be Kiwis. I'll have to remember to ask about it during a stream or something.

Last edited:

CammerHammer

I'll be the Wombo to your Combo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Clarion, PA
I also realized that Cummings would make a great Fred, since he's good at doing both deep menacing voices and friendly funny ones.

Imagine him going from Dr. Robotnik to Darkwing Duck.
In case there are people who are not aware, this is a thing that exists.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Well, if we're suggesting VAs, aside from having at least a cameo of one of the Lawyer Friendly Equines VAs, I wouldn't mind Evanna Lynch as one. She's not a voice actress, but I still find her sweet. I could see her pulling of Pom.

Rick Sanchez

Feb 3, 2016
While it would be cool for an Lawyer Friendly Equines VA to be in the game, I don't like the idea of the playable cast having the same voice actors as the ponies they were based on.

I'd much rather see, say, Tabitha St. Germain as Paprika, or Kelly Sheridan as Velvet.

Reactions: sirbacon

Rick Sanchez

Feb 3, 2016
Something I just realized, since Arizona and Pom are a young calf and lamb respectively, how would you feel if they were voiced by actual children/teens, like Claire Corlett and Michelle Creber?

UngulateX

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 17, 2016
Laura Bailey for Arizona.

(How many people will understand why Laura is suitable for the role, I wonder?)

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm wondering if Mane6 & Lauren will do a voice over pack DLC & voice story mode like Skullgirls 2nd Encore.
Altunative TFH voices.

Arizona Voice Packs:

Love music Heavy Metal, Real Hip-Hop / Rap, Country Pop, ect, I love Rock & Roll (song, google search that) .

Hardcore Heavy Metal & Rock fan (Johnny Rotten, Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Rage Against The Machine, Nirvana, Guns n Roses ect

Hardcore Real Hi-Hop fan (C.W.A Straight Outta Prairie, Wu - Tang Cows/Cattle, C-Unit, No Limit Cattle )

She into TV, social media, technolgy & fashion.

Sorority Arizona.

Velvet Voice Packs:

Velvet hates girlie things (Apple Jack, Gottagofast (Lawyer Friendly Equines), Louise Belcher Bob's Burgers).

Crazy/mad Velvet Joker & Harley Quinn (Batman),Scharlachro (Arcana Heart 3) Nui Harime (Kill La Kill) frantic,Mad Hatter (Alice In Wonderland), Pinky ( Pinky and the Brain).

Tipsy Velvet (Drunken Master tipsy/ drunk on cheap champagne, wine, spirits on the rocks, alcoholic snowcones, even cheap beer. Who would of thought Velvet wold be a alcoholic. Get her to TFH AAA meeting or do TFH intervention for her) type attitude.

When she starts, wins, draws or time out in a fight she might have different sayings like

Start of a fight:
"I need a drink"

Wins the fight
"lets toast to my victory"

Draw
"Lets have a drink together" or "Drink the damn shot" or "Take the damn shot" (all of them)

Time Out
"I'm not drunk, your drunk" or "I'm not tipsy, you drunk"

Loses: "Shouts for her elves to bring her a drink" then she say to the elves " You call this a drink?"

Oleander Voice Packs:

Possessed by Fred/ Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls) / entity.

She speaks like Fred or Fred voices Oleander.

A ghost or a goth (Teen Titan's Raven) type attitude.

Fred Voice Packs:

Speaks like Oleander or Oleander voices Fred.

Fred speaks Shakespearean.

Paprika Voice Packs:

Salty/ mean Timid Ferovore Hoers/angry/evil , Nui Harime aggressive attitude.

Paprika the goth, Raven (Teen Titans), sad Party Hoers attitude.

Pom Vpice Packs: Rambo/Military/Hit Girl/ O-Ren Ishii,Black Mamba (Kill Bill)/ type attitude.

Woof, Ruff, Tuft & Puff Voice Packs (If they can speak)

Whining / Nui Harime childish type attitude.

Teenage brats attitude.

Tianhuo Voice Packs:

Tired/ sleepy

lazy

Bored, I rather be somewhere else than here attitude

This will be a drag (Shikamaru/ Naruto/Naruto Shippuden) type attitude.

(Maybe as a taunt as well).

Tianhuo will difenetly have to say "it needs to be 20% hotter" at some point. Tianhuo like hot/spicy foods.

Goat Voice Packs:

Hippy/ female versions of Cheech and Chong, Flax Seed, Wheat Grass & Tree Hugger (Lawyer Friendly Equines).

Derpy Hooves (have the original voice actor/actress of Lawyer Friendly Equines's Derpy Hooves voices it).

Predator Voice Packs & Final Boss:

Geek.nerd, Brain (Pinky and the Brain,Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory).

Timid Ferovore Hoers (Lawyer Friendly Equines), shy attitude.

Disgust (Inside Out) attitude.

Sadness (Inside Out) , Marvin (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) attitude.

TFH fraternity/sorority type attitude.

Each characters voice pack will have a diffrences/add elements to them when acknowledging the different characters they are speaking to and fighting against.

Announcer Voice Pack:

Animal noises
Wakko (Animaniacs)
Dee Dee (Dexter's Laboratory).
Sadness (Inside Out), Marvin (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).
Cheshire Cat (Alice In Wonderland).
Louise Belcher (Bob's Burgers).
Original voice actor/actress of Lawyer Friendly Equines's Derpy Hooves.
TFH fraternity/sorority.
Lauren Faust.
Anime/Animated
Crazy/ Loony
Drunk
Ditzy/Ditzy Genius

Maybe add a special backers exclusive voice packs (or as future DLC(s) you pay for) of Mane6, Voice actors & actress of TFH & Lauren Faust voicing as the Announcers, playable & non-playable characters, outtakes & The Book Of Lore.

Mane6 could also add some new animation to go with the different voice for the characters.

#LaurenFaust4VoicingThemsFightinHerdsAnnouncerAndThe Book Of Lore.

[Edit]

Larry David & JB Smoove should voice a character in TFH.

Last edited:

Solario

I dream of a world where I can sit down, play this game, select Tianhuo, Pom, or Paprika, and hear her speak with the unmistakeable voice of Lara Jill Miller. Also, we need someone intimidating, maybe a large predator character or the Honored Father of the longmas, voiced by Keith David. You may not know you need more of Keith David's voice in your lives, my children, but I assure you, it is so.

Fred (normal voice): Richard Steven Horvitz (Invader Zim)
This has ALL of my yes. All of it. If we can't get him though, bring in Arin Hanson (Egoraptor) or Vic Mignogna.

Last edited:

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
David Fennoy (aka Lee Everett and Bluebeard) as Fred. He'd give him a certain suaveness, but also a sinister dimension if his Bluebeard voice was anything to go by.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I kind of think maybe Indy Neidel could be good as Fred? He has a friendly voice.
Also, hidden advertisement for a great channel huehueheu

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Below are my Ideal voice actors:

Velvet by I HATE EVERYTHING
Tianhuo by Grade A Under A
Pom by Cr1tikal
Arizona by Nevarky
Paprika by Stamper
Oleander by Egoraptor
I did not know I needed Pom voiced by Cr1tikal (and Oleander voiced by Egoraptor) until now. Thank you so much.

CasualMatt

Royal Squid Jester
Crowdfund Backer
I am not sure who I would have play what (mostly because I don't know names), but this is what I would suggest. I just finished making an audio version of the Book of Lore so every notable character inbound.

Arizona - Pretty much any female with a southern accent would work, though Background Orange's voice actress would be great.
Minnesota - similar, but more motherly
Texas - The Texan that owns everything in Fairly Odd Parents

Velvet - Swedish/Norwegian/Finnish female
Blitz - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Oleander - Something smooth and seductive, I would not give Oleander a raspy voice.
Fred/FTHNG - Takahata 101 doing the Alucard Voice from Hellsing Abridged
High Priestess (priest?) of the Order of the Horn - Either something low and reverent OR Fire and Brimstone/ Southern Revival style

Pom - Timid Ferovore Hoers's voice actress, duh.
Prime Minister - Totalbiscuit

Paprika - I actually don't know. I think Paprika might be a really interesting character as a terrifyingly silent love monster.
Adobo - Old Latin/Hispanic guy

Tianhuo - Female drill Sargent. Chinese?
The Empress - Either a little bratty kid or the most regal sounding person the Mane6 dev team can find.
Honored Mother - I am not sure, Dragon sounding is kind of self explanatory
Honored Father - Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans

Reactions: Tox and Queezeey

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Southeastern United States
I am not sure who I would have play what (mostly because I don't know names), but this is what I would suggest. I just finished making an audio version of the Book of Lore so every notable character inbound.

Arizona - Pretty much any female with a southern accent would work, though Background Orange's voice actress would be great.
Minnesota - similar, but more motherly
Texas - The Texan that owns everything in Fairly Odd Parents

Velvet - Swedish/Norwegian/Finnish female
Blitz - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Oleander - Something smooth and seductive, I would not give Oleander a raspy voice.
Fred/FTHNG - Takahata 101 doing the Alucard Voice from Hellsing Abridged
High Priestess (priest?) of the Order of the Horn - Either something low and reverent OR Fire and Brimstone/ Southern Revival style

Pom - Timid Ferovore Horse's voice actress, duh.
Prime Minister - Totalbiscuit

Paprika - I actually don't know. I think Paprika might be a really interesting character as a terrifyingly silent love monster.
Adobo - Old Latin/Hispanic guy

Tianhuo - Female drill Sargent. Chinese?
The Empress - Either a little bratty kid or the most regal sounding person the Mane6 dev team can find.
Honored Mother - I am not sure, Dragon sounding is kind of self explanatory
Honored Father - Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans
Texas must be Doug Dimmadome now. It's gotta happen.

Jim Ward - IMDb