I need the devs to confirm...

How annoying is improper usage of "it's" to you?

• I want to banish anyone who makes this mistake to The Hold

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • It annoys me, but I can understand that people make mistakes sometimes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I don't understand the difference between "it's" and "its"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate people who get upset over a single punctuation mark

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
...that all instances of "its"/"it's" in the game script will be correct. This is the #1 typo that I hate the most and if I see one slip up I will go from 6+ years of supporting you to hating you in an instant.

Also here are instructions on how to avoid this mistake, if you happen to be one of the many unfortunate souls who need them. Memorize and follow them faithfully, or face my wrath.
:ollie>:c:

Apostrophes are typically used to skip over vowels. In the cast of "it's", it's used to skip over the second "i" in "it is". So if you don't know which of "its" or "it's" to use, just write "it is", and if the sentence makes sense then you have my permission to write "it's".

For example, take the following statement:
Them's Fightin' Herds is a great game! I can't wait for it's/its release!
How do you determine which of the two bolded red words to use? Just follow my guide above!

Them's Fightin' Herds is a great game! I can't wait for it is release!
As you can see, this sentence makes no sense grammatically. So "its" with no apostrophe is the correct answer.

Now find the correct answer to this:
The 22nd of February is almost there! It's/Its so exciting!
:arismile:
[
QUOTE]The 22nd of February is almost there! It is so exciting!
:arismile:[/QUOTE]
This sentence makes sense, so "it's" would be appropriate to use here.

Back on topic, I am willing to offer my services as an "it's"/"its" proofreader to Mane6 free of charge. I will only correct this one specific error. You can also trust me to not leak any plot twists.
:arismile3: