How Supportive will TFH be with Modding?

Friendly_Medic

Feb 10, 2016
I want to know for the sake of myself and some friends I know who like to mod. While I know fighting games are not the most popular choice for modders (with the exception of MUGEN), I want to know if this game will be receiving the likes of Workshop on Steam or a modding kit like with Civilization 5, where the developers created a special program for modders.
As a side question, I would also like to ask how "in-touch" the Developers are with the community and their suggestions and discussions.

Thank you for your time and answers.

Paper Shadow

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I believe the team aren't planning on any modding support for TFH, and the Skullgirls Engine is notably incredibly difficult to mod, so I wouldn't expect a modding scene for this game...

Reactions: Sir Wombat

Friendly_Medic

Feb 10, 2016
I believe the team aren't planning on any modding support for TFH, and the Skullgirls Engine is notably incredibly difficult to mod, so I wouldn't expect a modding scene for this game...
That's a bummer, most fighting games get incredibly dull after the "honeymoon" phase ends, especially if one is not on the online fighting scene.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
Fighting games generally make sure to not allow modding of anything gameplay/balance related for the sake of keeping things fair.

That said, a modder by the name 0xFAIL created a Skullmod allowing to mod purely aesthetic things in Skullgirls such as the soundtrack and stages. I can attest to it as someone who used the tool to customise his game as well.

That said, a dedicated person could perhaps create something similar for TFH, and following that there could perhaps be a modding scene for custom soundtracks and stages. Hard to say at the moment, but it does potentially sound not impossible.

Senjin

Resident Musician
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Chicago
That's a bummer, most fighting games get incredibly dull after the "honeymoon" phase ends, especially if one is not on the online fighting scene.
I mean, I'd say most (if not all) games that are geared entirely around multiplayer are going to be pretty dull if you don't have a way to play with other people. That's cool if you're not into fighting games, but there are plenty of people who are and I'd say fighting games as a whole have managed to do pretty well over the years with neither modding or online play so...eh.