1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Them's Fightin' Herds is now out on Early Access!
    You can buy it from these links.
    Humble Bundle // Steam

3. 26.6.18: Situation update

Current Early Access Patch: 8-18-2018

how do you block paprikas zippy teleport?

Discussion in 'Beginner Forum' started by Herathrig, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Herathrig

Herathrig Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

i have a problem defending against an aggressive paprika as velvet. is paprika zippy teleport a high attack? how do you counter it?

Delusional Dreamer likes this.
  2. qspec

qspec Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Check it out in training mode and report back here :)

You'll also get framedata at the bottom of the screen to tell you exactly how +/- it is which should inform what you are able to go for after you block it too.

3. Appletank

Appletank Crowdfund Backer
    Crowdfund Backer

uh, what does +/- mean though?

Delusional Dreamer and Herathrig like this.
  4. qspec

Backers' Beta Tester

No problem, that's a reference to framedata. Generally speaking, + means it is your turn and - means it isn't (or is even punishable).

I am going to link something that will make it a lot more explicit, but as an example, let's say you block a move that is -12, that means you can punish it with any move you have that starts up in 12 or fewer frames ie a big punish. If you block a move that is +3, that means if you touch a button, you are 3 frames behind their next button... so if they use a move that starts up in 10 frames, you have to use a move that starts up in 7 or fewer frames or you'll lose the exchange. This is an important concept for a frametrap which is basically giving you enough of a gap to push a button which I can then hit you out of. So I do a move that is +2 on block and then I follow-up with a move that is 5 frames. You push your fastest button which is 4 frames, I'm still going to hit you because my move is 5 frames and yours is 4+2 frames.

Hopefully that's not too confusing (I'm not a great explainer), but here's a link that should definitely help.

Delusional Dreamer and Herathrig like this.
  5. QuoteMarks

QuoteMarks This is a bug.

If Paprika is falling from the sky hold a direction and it should be blocked, usually. Yes it is a High attack.

6. Mage

Mage A Normal Person

I assume you're referring to the version where she falls from the sky. If you don't move, I'm pretty sure it'll always hit you from the front as a high attack (in other words, stand up and block {hold back}). However, if you're moving as she uses it, that's where things get a bit funky, because it can end up hitting you from behind instead, meaning you'll have to hold forward.

If you do manage to block it, you can punish it with a full combo though. I'm not sure of the exact moves Velvet could use after, but a jab or even a medium should work.

#6 Mage, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  7. Herathrig

Backers' Beta Tester

zippy tele is the one that lands on your head.
    I see, so just stand block. huh. Can you hit paprika with a vertical snowball?
    Ill also check the frame data thing. thanks for the tip!

8. Appletank

Appletank Crowdfund Backer
    Crowdfund Backer

Is it just me or is that link dead?

9. Mage

Mage A Normal Person

Most likely. She properly doesn't have any invulnerability frames during it.
    You can record yourself doing moves and stuff and have the CPU play it back in training mode. I'm not really sure how to do it because I don't use training as much as I should, but if you can figure it out you'll be able to try stuff that way.

10. Naughta_Noob

Naughta_Noob "I mustn't betray spoon"
    Backers' Beta Tester

Here, I'll simplify the whole move for you. If you think Pap is going to teleport, jump backwards. You'll be too far back to get hit with A, over them with B, and you'll block/punish C

11. qspec

Backers' Beta Tester

Shoryuken is undergoing maintenance. It was up yesterday, and I suspect it will be up again soon. Google "frame data guide" and you should find something.

Delusional Dreamer and Appletank like this.
  12. Herathrig

Backers' Beta Tester

played a match and confirmed, standing block can stop zippy teleport. thanks guys.

Delusional Dreamer and Pom d'or like this.
  13. Limey Lassen

Limey Lassen Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

You can also punish it with an attack of your own, like Medium Shatter.