How do I Block?

HaloRocks1214

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 6, 2016
Or is there even an option?

I'm currently trying to practice against the CPU, but I very clearly see them blocking while I can't. When I go to the pause menu and look at the controls, all I get is certain Defensive Commands telling me to do this "while blocking".

I'm probably really dense and not looking hard enough, but I would really like to know how to do this <3

Falco

Ace Pilot
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Australia
You block while holding back. A standing block blocks overheads and normal but not low hits while a low block blocks low and normals but not overheads.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

BaG_2.0

Awful at fite game
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
You can block while standing by holding back on your controle stick. You can block while crouching by holding down and back on the control stick.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

HaloRocks1214

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 6, 2016
You block while holding back. A standing block blocks overheads and normal but not low hits while a low block blocks low and normals but not overheads.
aaaa thank you so much, you've saved my life

Feb 23, 2018
I can't seem to get standing block to work for me, I just walk backwards and keep getting hit. what am i doing wrong?

QuoteMarks

This is a bug.
Nov 23, 2017
I don't know, but my two best guesses would be
  1. Your being hit with low attacks. To block low attacks hold down and back, this is crouch blocking. This leaves you vulnerable to Overheads and Aerials. Normal attacks are always blocked if you are blocking. Standing blocks, which what your doing if your walking backwards, Block every thing but low attacks.

2. Your back dashing which doesn't block.