Highly unlikely scenario but a fun idea regardless

Read the Thread before answering: What type of game could the next game set in the TFH universe be?

• Advanture RPG(Using the Pixel lobby/Story mode)

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Trading Card Game

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Turned-based Strategy Game

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Episodic Adventure game(Eg. Tall Tale)

• Puzzle Game

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Other

• Total voters

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
So I have been planning on writing this thread for a while now and with the beta approaching in the next week I figured that this might be a good time to stop procrastinating and finally get it over with.

Above you will see a poll but answer it when you read the whole thread.

NOW let me take you to a trip into the future.
(FICTION TIME)

The year is 2021 and Them's Fightin Herds has been around for 4 years now. The game has received a surprisingly positive reaction from Fighting game communities from all around the world upon its release and has sold around 1m copies. With it's successful start it was later even ported to consoles. Even now there are an average of 4k people still playing the game daily. The roster size has also seen an increase in size over these four years, with around 16 playable characters being available with around "half"(30-40%) of them being
predators. The lore development crushed many headcanons, spawned a fair amount of ships and recent rumors are pointing to a potential animated series in development.
But sadly the game has reached it's peak in story development and world building for a Fighting game and now the developers are looking to expand the game into new horizons and they have turned to the fans for feebdack what type of game the would like to see next.
(FICTION END)

I have had this little thing in mind ever since the release of the 3rd game of the FORCED series(Forced, Forced Showdown and Minion masters). The developers of the series had created a world in which you are a "gladiator" forced to play a game for your own life. They have set each game in the same universe, reusing assets from the previous games, but putting a new spin on them to create a entirely different game(First being a Time trial puzzle brawler, Second being a "dungeon crawler" with deck building and Third being a head to head minion spawning duel with deck building). Each game I considered a success and that got me thinking.
Could this work for TFH once the game reaches a point where it can "no longer" expand as a fighting game and what type of game could be developed next?

Lets have a fun discussion before beta drops, at the least it will help pass time faster

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Why not a 'turn based strategy RPG' like the Persona series? Unless you meant turn based strategy like Sid Meiers Civilisation games. In which case I'd jump my answer straight to adventure RPG XD

Reactions: Raphaël

Redness

The Class Pet
Oct 17, 2016
Fœnum
www.youtube.com
Why not a 'turn based strategy RPG' like the Persona series? Unless you meant turn based strategy like Sid Meiers Civilisation games. In which case I'd jump my answer straight to adventure RPG XD
I think that an RPG would be great for the world of Foenum, but it needs to say 'senpai' and 'kun' a lot more than the Persona series does. :D

Reactions: Raphaël

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
A Turned-based Fantasy Strategy/RPG mix could work, something like Age of Wonders 1 or Heroes of Might and Magic 2, even non fans could be interessted in it if the gameplay is good enough and a Mapeditor and Modsupport is added from the start.

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Dating sim. You're a human who accidentally stumbles into the Hold, but get rescued before the predators eat you. Now the only way to return to your world is by forming a strong bond with the ungulate of your choice so you can use the magic of love to open a portal.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Dating sim. You're a human who accidentally stumbles into the Hold, but get rescued before the predators eat you. Now the only way to return to your world is by forming a strong bond with the ungulate of your choice so you can use the magic of love to open a portal.
Oh lol. Of course, we all know who everyone would romance.
Goat

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Oh lol. Of course, we all know who everyone would romance.
Goat

Thats obvious, even before TFH the Goat was best waifu. ;)

But I don't know how to think about a Dating Sim, I mostly don't realy care about the story in this kind of games, they have to be realy good for me, If I won't want to see them just as a "Artwork unlock game".

AuruM

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Australia
Or a deconstruction where you play as Paprika, and are oblivious to the other characters rejecting your advances at every turn :p

OJhat

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
ojhat.deviantart.com
I'd be interested to see a turn-based strategy RPG, sortof like fire emblem, but the fights are you controlling characters to fight enemies just like this game. I guess that's sortof what RPGs are/can be like? ultimately, pie in the sky dream would be for TFH to see a dramatic epic 3d open-world adventure starring the characters as the heroes somehow.

Reactions: Tox