• Them's Fightin' Herds is available now on Steam for PC!
    You can buy it from these links:
    Humble Bundle // Steam

• Current Game Version

1.4.1 (10.13.2020)

"Hey, my controller isn't working!" - Troubleshooting Guide

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
!!FIRST THINGS FIRST, DISABLE VJOY!!

"Help! My controller isn't working!"
TFH Controller Troubleshooting Guide:

Hey there, I'm Cam, QA and Community Manager for Mane6, and if there's one thing I see cropping up more and more, it's people having issues with their controllers. Luckily enough, there's a few pretty easy ways to get things sorted out, so I'm putting together this list to help get the word out.

Step 1: Make sure that you don't have any third party controller drivers or programs running.

!!This includes (but is not limited to) things like: Vjoy, InputMapper, DS4Windows, DS4Tool, x360ce, SCPToolkit!!

Vjoy comes up as one of the most common problems when people are troubleshooting, so please note how big and important it is to disable things like this.

These third party programs and drivers can cause double inputs, or cause the game to think there are two different controllers present. Both of these issues can make a controller seem completely unresponsive.

Step 2: Check to see if you have any of the Steam General Controller Settings active. Most notably, any of the Configuration Support options. Much like the controller programs and drivers above, Steam's configuration support can also cause things to become recognized as multiple controllers.

Step 3: If you're using an X-Input controller (An Xbox 360 controller, or anything with an Xbox mode, something Windows sees as an Xbox controller), slight nudges on the cable may cause it to disconnect and reconnect in quick succession.

Normally this isn't an issue, but it can happen due to the fact that X-Input devices get assigned a particular controller slot when connected. On Xbox 360 controllers, around the Guide button, you'll notice they have a light showing which controller slot they are assigned to. This player assignment actually happens in Windows as well, and it can pretty easily make it so that your controller, which WAS working fine earlier, no longer work as it was

If this does happen, unfortunately the only way to fix this is to restart the whole dang computer. I personally recommend unplugging the controller before you restart, and then plugging it back in once you are booted back to windows.

Hopefully these steps can help resolve any and all issues that you might run into!

Known controllers with issues:

PS4 Mini Wired Gamepad by HORI - These are known to show up in windows as two different controllers even when plugged in. Not recommended for use with TFH, may have to be used through a converter if at all possible.

Razer Atrox Fightstick - Razer's Xbox One stick does not come natively supported by windows (Shoutouts to microsoft) however there IS a third party driver that you can use to make it function both in windows in general, as well as with TFH. Just need a bit of googling.

Reactions: Oreo