Good news, Bad news, Stream news.

Ethaes

Vesper Iris
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ethaes.deviantart.com
All of the regret. Now I won't be able to play it in time for my birthday.
Birthday ruined. Thanks Mane6.

In all seriousness though, we've waited years for this game. A couple more months is nothing. More time for extra polish and hype!

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I expected a delay from a mile away but what I didn't expect was it only being a month time. You sure that'll be enough time to get things done?
Perhaps you should extend into early-mid June, to both better avoid Injustice 2 and give yourselves even more beta time to work with?
As long as it not the same month as Marvel vs Capcom Infinite it's all good for me.

Reactions: Tox and Oreo

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
ya I wouldn't release a game early just to avoid releasing it before another more well known game comes out and its still buggy and not complete enough even for the beta...there are already quite a lot of us who are already going to buy it or at least play it that things like tekken wont take over esp since both are completely different fighting games...

Also if you really feel another month is needed to polish then sure go for it...i prob want a game thats polished and fun to play then one that is buggy and forever bad...

Mrgoodigood

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Sweden
I am happy with this decision. Take the time you need. In my opinion it is better to release a game later and better then rushing it and suffer from problems. But I am still exited for the game and can´t wait to play it myself.

Reactions: Redness

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I just realized that CEO is around of the time of the release. Would be a great time to showcase the game there if it's not too late.

inknail

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Agreeing with everyone here that more time for polish is never time poorly spent. This question may have already been asked somewhere, but will online multiplayer be functional for the beta? I'd love to try to connect with a few long-distance friends of mine who also backed the game.

Richard Upton Pickman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 5, 2016
Take time to make this and keep doing what you have done so far. If you do that im sure everything will work out and we will have a great game.

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
Agreeing with everyone here that more time for polish is never time poorly spent. This question may have already been asked somewhere, but will online multiplayer be functional for the beta? I'd love to try to connect with a few long-distance friends of mine who also backed the game.
From the sounds of it, yeah. Though they're still working out the actual server hosting.

Tsukaa

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Germany
hope so as well but they shouldnt rush now since it wouldnt be that good if they "delay" to still rush in the end also its on Steam then so there might be issues there as well .

Nexus_uno

「CRAZY DIAMOND」
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
ZA WARUDO
hope so as well but they shouldnt rush now since it wouldnt be that good if they "delay" to still rush in the end also its on Steam then so there might be issues there as well .
yeah I meant i was ready for news not that it has to be out

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
Hey guys!

Seems the beta will not be out before end of month after all; We've found some technical issues, of the "this will affect a large share of the population" variety, and we've been working through the week getting them solved or worked around. Not a huge insormountable issue, but it'll still be delaying the Beta by a bit anyways. Better to have stuff fixed now we know it exists rather than open beta, have a large amount of people find what we already know it's there, be unable to play, and then fix it.

We'll let you know once we have a start date.

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Well, better to wait and get a better product than be impatient and get something unfinished like a lot of newer games nowadays. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Seems standard, fix known issues before letting the lab monsters break the game. Too many people think of betas (and Splatoon's Testfires, even) as demos rather than a time to fix bugs and balance issues.

Midnight_Oil

Puppeteer!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I'm just happy to be a part of this! :D

I'm old enough for Patience to be a state of course...

Randomness_yo

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 24, 2017
Better to fix it now then have people yelling at you to "Fix your game!" later, I suppose. lol
Either way, I'm pretty sure most of us will understand why there is a delay on the beta.

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
Better to fix it now then have people yelling at you to "Fix your game!" later, I suppose.
You say that as though there won't be people doing exactly that as soon as Beta Access lands. :p
Probably gonna be more ironic in the end, but still, I can almost guarantee it'll happen regardless of how long the delay or how polished the result.

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
I don't know, this community's been pretty chill and supportive so far.
I guess we'll see how many impatient jerks crawl out of the woodwork once the beta lands.

PolarisAegis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Heh, I don't check these forums enough...I kept thinking "it's the end of the month, what's gonna happen", but I'm glad to see there was an actual update, I just missed it. ^_^; I don't care if it's delayed, just glad to see there's still communication going on, that's what makes the difference in these sorts of projects.

Shadowking58

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
Hey guys!

Seems the beta will not be out before end of month after all; We've found some technical issues, of the "this will affect a large share of the population" variety, and we've been working through the week getting them solved or worked around. Not a huge insormountable issue, but it'll still be delaying the Beta by a bit anyways. Better to have stuff fixed now we know it exists rather than open beta, have a large amount of people find what we already know it's there, be unable to play, and then fix it.

We'll let you know once we have a start date.
Awesome, thanks for keeping us informed. Good luck

Xlerb

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 25, 2017
Awesome, thanks for keeping us informed. Good luck
Yeah I do like how transparent the devs have been with us so far, and I can wait for the beta if it means there's a potential game breaking bug that must be fixed. I'm not expecting 'final product ready' for a beta, but best to fix the obvious stuff now and not think 'Maybe they won't notice?'

Reactions: Tox