General Discussion Thread

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
Perhaps they should turn off likes/post count for this board. Boards like these aren'tso spammy when people aren't shooting for those.
I'm personally guessing they were worried moreso on how out of control it might get, there's more free reign but also means a lot more posts which means more to moderate since there ends up being much more factors to consider in whether to do something or not.

No one's really competing for messages/likes anyways so either is fine for that, it's not like it's an internal competition being held secretly among us with background betting and such

Reactions: CosmicDashie

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
I'm personally guessing they were worried moreso on how out of control it might get, there's more free reign but also means a lot more posts which means more to moderate since there ends up being much more factors to consider in whether to do something or not.

No one's really competing for messages/likes anyways so either is fine for that, it's not like it's an internal competition being held secretly among us with background betting and such
OR IS IT?
*looks around shiftily*

Reactions: StopShot and DShou

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Believe it or not this is me toned down quite a bit, I'm often suuuuper inappropriate. I'm now dialed down to just subtly creepy. ^_^

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia

Ehdunno. There's always at least a few people looking to get the biggest epeen on every forum. Forum likes/post count are usually the front of that, at least, from what I've seen.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
Ehdunno. There's always at least a few people looking to get the biggest epeen on every forum. Forum likes/post count are usually the front of that, at least, from what I've seen.
seems like a silly way to think, i mean, aint forums there for talk and discussion? not for epeen >.>

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
Welp, as long as they're not inappropriate about it and actually make meaningful post - at the very least it won't effect me x3;

StopShot

But can you poni-poni-poni?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
OR IS IT?
*looks around shiftily*
I'm pretty guilty to an extent on this. (Don't hurt me for being honest! :<)

I used to come from a forum board when I was in my teenage years where post count mattered a looooot and I got really into it. I'm talking about being on that forum for 4 years racking up 20,000 posts in that time. The thing though was I eventually out grew it and posting on it stopped being fun. I make it a huge importance not to speed or crap post though and try to be as thoughtful as I can with my messages, and I really do like talking with everyone and being in a community, which was the biggest core value to that forum. Sure it was just a big number but it was like a way to encourage more posts and go out of your way to talk and listen to people. o:

So, I'm sorry if anyone is offended by me making lots of posts. I at least try to make every single one count! ^u^;

Reactions: Altashi

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia

I used to come from a forum board when I was in my teenage years where post count mattered a looooot and I got really into it. I'm talking about being on that forum for 4 years racking up 20,000 posts in that time. The thing though was I eventually out grew it and posting on it stopped being fun. I make it a huge importance not to speed or crap post though and try to be as thoughtful as I can with my messages, and I really do like talking with everyone and being in a community, which was the biggest core value to that forum. Sure it was just a big number but it was like a way to encourage more posts and go out of your way to talk and listen to people. o:

So, I'm sorry if anyone is offended by me making lots of posts. I at least try to make every single one count! ^u^;
eh, the thing is, the more people posting, the more this forum is alive right? so its literally win win then

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016

Personally I've yet to like a single post, nor have I checked how many comments I've made. There's really nothing to compete about here. I'm just really like this forum so far :)

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains

Don't worry. There is no hate. Only love.

That, and your avatar makes it all the better.

Reactions: StopShot