GeForce Experience supporting TFH? (Solved)

Pegapnea

Pone
Feb 19, 2016
I used to use the GeForce Experience built-in recording software that comes with having an Nvidia card, and it would store the videos in a Them's Fightin' Herds folder that it created itself in the computer's Video library. There weren't any problems (mostly), but recently not so much.

Now it does not recognize TFH as a game, and I have to do a workaround of recording the desktop to trick it into recording the game, which is somehow leading to it not recording game sound... sometimes. There's a few problems going on that I haven't been able to solve in online searches, but ultimately the purpose of this thread is to ask if Nvidia has ever supported TFH in the past and how we can have them support it in the future, because it does not appear in their list of supported games. I would assume that at one point they did, because GeForce Experience used to store video and screenshots in a TFH folder it made.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Specifically, the main way people got it to recognize the game was using exclusive fullscreen. If you're just on normall Fullscreen in your settings, that's Borderless Fullscreen. You can try setting to Exclusive, and see if that changes anything, but if you're already on exclusive fullscreen I really don't know much to say. I know as of recent driver/Geforce Experience updates the little shadowplay notifier DOES pop up even when I launch in Borderless, so I really don't know what they changed.

Pegapnea

Pone
Feb 19, 2016
Specifically, the main way people got it to recognize the game was using exclusive fullscreen. If you're just on normall Fullscreen in your settings, that's Borderless Fullscreen. You can try setting to Exclusive, and see if that changes anything, but if you're already on exclusive fullscreen I really don't know much to say. I know as of recent driver/Geforce Experience updates the little shadowplay notifier DOES pop up even when I launch in Borderless, so I really don't know what they changed.
I tried looking up what a startup flag is but I don't know what I'm doing... How do I enable exclusive fullscreen?

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
In Steam, right click on TFH in your library, and choose "Properties". At the bottom of that main window that comes up is the button "Set Launch Options..." and when you click that it has a place for you to put the startup flag for it. That's where you'd put in "-allow-exclusive-fullscreen" without the quotes.

Pegapnea

Pone
Feb 19, 2016
In Steam, right click on TFH in your library, and choose "Properties". At the bottom of that main window that comes up is the button "Set Launch Options..." and when you click that it has a place for you to put the startup flag for it. That's where you'd put in "-allow-exclusive-fullscreen" without the quotes.
Thank you, that fixed it very quickly

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Fantastic. Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, we don't really got to control when and where GeForce Experience/Shadowplay will activate, so hopefully things stay functional for you

Reactions: Pegapnea
I used to use the GeForce Experience built-in recording software that comes with having an Nvidia card, and it would store the videos in a Them's Fightin' Herds folder that it created itself in the computer's Video library. There weren't any problems (mostly), but recently not so much.

Now it does not recognize TFH as a game, and I have to do a workaround of recording the desktop to trick it into recording the game, which is somehow leading to it not recording game sound... sometimes. There's a few problems going on that I haven't been able to solve in online searches, but ultimately the purpose of this thread is to ask if Nvidia has ever supported TFH in the past and how we can have them support it in the future, because it does not appear in their list of supported games. I would assume that at one point they did, because GeForce Experience used to store video and screenshots in a TFH folder it made.
I'd highly recommend using OBS to record instead of Shadowplay/Nvidia's Recording software. I've had occasional issues where Nvidia wouldn't record some of my games, especially Phasmophobia.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
I'd highly recommend using OBS to record instead of Shadowplay/Nvidia's Recording software. I've had occasional issues where Nvidia wouldn't record some of my games, especially Phasmophobia.
While I generally agree with this, Shadowplay is usually a better option for people with lower-end rigs since OBS can be more of a CPU hog. Shadowplay has far less of an impact on actual game performance.