Games you could play over and over

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
You know which ones. The games that for some reason you love to play all the way through multiple times for any number of reasons. Games that cause your backlog to keep growing because you keep playing them.

I have a reasonably sized list:

CLANNAD
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Freedom Planet

Katawa Shoujo

Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
The Legendary Starfy
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~

Sonic Colors
Super Paper Mario
Zack and Wiki: The Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I am an extremely easy to bore person, not many game managed to make me pick it up more than once, even less that managed more than 2-3 times.

Maybe Tyrian, or Skyrim with new mods (and probably will Fallout 4 as well). Albeit they need a a few months or so restin period before I take them up again

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
I have played through Mass Effect, Halo 2 and Fallout 3 several times and still play through them several more times. :)

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
I have over thousand saves on my Xbox 360 version of fallout 3 + own it on all 3 platforms. I will never tire of that game.

Reactions: D96

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I have over thousand saves on my Xbox 360 version of fallout 3 + own it on all 3 platforms. I will never tire of that game.
I am exactly the same way with that game. I think I own like 5 copies of the game across different platforms (to be fair, I got 2 free). I can always go back to that game and just explore the wastes. Hopefully I can grab a decent computer soon, 'cause I wanted to give that "Tale of Two Wastelands" mod a try.

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
I can play mostly all of my games over and over. It just depends on if I feel like playing them. But as for the ones I do remember playing more so then others:

Zelda OoT, Star Fox 64, Stunt Racer 64, Need for Speed Underground 1 and 2. And others that aren't coming to mind right now.

Toxic Punch

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 23, 2016
Pretty much everything I own
If I don't think i'll replay it I sell it

The ones I currently replay at least once a year

Half Life 2 and episodes
Danganronpa series
Batman: Arkham series
Diablo 3 (seasons)
Project Diva F series

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I find myself replaying many of the Fire Emblem games many times.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Fallout 3/NV
Skyrim
Fallout 4 will probably join the ranks

I also play Disgaea games a lot. Disgaea 1, which came to PC earlier this year is the one I most often come back to. Looking forward to the other titles being ported to PC, alongside other NIS games.

Reactions: D96

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
The only games I play over and over are below:
- MGS 3: Subsistence or HD version (love playing this with zero alerts and zero kills)
- MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots (Same here, zero alerts and zero kills)
- GTA San Andreas
- GTA 4
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles
- Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
- Grim Fandango
- Skies of Arcadia
- Valkyria Chronicles

Last edited:

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Grand Theft Auto V
Dark souls and Bloodborne
Half Life 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Mirror's edge

TyphlUpgrade

When the Eleven-Day Empire eats the sky...
Crowdfund Backer
Destiny: The Taken King
SCP Containment Breach
Minecraft
Pokemon
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Team Fortress 2
Battleblock Theater

This list would be longer if I could remember the rest of the games I've played for over 24 hours.

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
DOTA
Team Fortress 2
Awesomenauts

But jokes aside: Going from the bottom up on my Steam hours, game's I've replayed to a significant degree are:
  • Bleed (A very solid run-and-gun semi-bullet hell game with a hack-and-slash styled combo system that's really fun to play with. Also an interesting story and enticing main character)
  • Poker Night at the Inventory (2) (Relaxing to sit down and play some Poker every now and again. Also god I still need to unlock the Longfall Loafers)
  • Rogue Legacy (One of the best Rogue-lites I've played in recent memory. Stopped playing it because RIP my old save data)
  • Organ Trail (Director's Cut) (Fun and strangely relaxing pseudo-rogue-like)
  • XCAAAAAAAAAAM (TOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH) ("Getting kicked in the balls simulator" There's something so enjoyable about having everything go right, especially after being smacked down just a few missions before. On my 3rd run of XCOM 2 now {haven't beat the game yet lel} and I've beat XCOM EU/EW some like... 10 times now?)
  • Invi?ible, Inc. ("Stealthcom" It's strangely less forgiving than XCOM, despite the fact that it's shorter and allows you to rewind turns {officially}. Been trying to get back into it, and I swiftly discover how horrifically rusty I am)
  • Castle Crashers (A beautiful brawler with an interesting implementation of RPG elements. Also the typical stupid plot that you can expect from a Newgrounds-based game)
Aside from PC things: Oh my one true love Kirby Squeak Squad
Might just be nostalgic bias towards the first game I owned in one of my favorite series, but I love this game, and have beat it at least half a dozen times. The game's fairly short, and even has a speed-run mode for when you 100% it. I think my record on the speedrun is around 50 minutes?

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Crash Bandicoot games, particularly 2 and 3

And also Terraria, but I'm on a.. 'hiatus' right now >>;;

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Stellaris is slowly climbing there for me. I like it. Also Civilizations maybe, it's fun to take out from time to time (albeit I will only buy the new one during a sale)

Sir Linkselot

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
For me I think would be Super Metroid. I love the game and love trying to beat my best time on completing it.
I ended up buying the game 3 times. Once for each time Nintendo released it on their virtual console.
No regrets.

linkster

Certified Paprika Main™
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Team Fortress 2
Cave Story
Terraria
Starbound
Shovel Knight
Sonic Adventure 2
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Castle in the Darkness
TLoZ: Bookworm Hoers Princess, Ocarina of Time, Four Swords Adventures, Link's Awakening, and Phantom Hourglass
Paper Mario, Thousand Year Door, and Super Paper Mario
Kirby Super Star Ultra, and Squeak Squad.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Pokemon Leaf Green

The only one I need on my list. While, yes, it does get boring doing the same battles over and over and over again, giving myself the challenge of using at least 3 new pokemon each time I reset is refreshing. I've come to know some truly amazing pokemon like Butterfree, Kabutops, Persian, Ninetales (My personal favorite), Beedrill, and others. It still has that nostalgic charm to it and I wouldn't sell it now, but maybe later, once I feel like I've become the very best like no one ever was.

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
Another one I love to play a lot is Railroad Tycoon 3.

Laying track, buying Engines, and on top of that. Buying and Selling company Stock, other industries, and absorbing your competitors. This is the best game in its series.... To bad Sid Meier's Railroads wasn't up to the task of carrying the torch, especially with the constant crashing on Windows 7. :(

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
Forgot to mention Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, I spent so much time on that game as a kid, and I even spent 4 straight hours making my own scenario once. I always loved to play those wonderful expansion pack parks, especially when it came to the Six Flags missions. I bought it again on steam during a sale, and I have zero regrets that I did that.

It gets even better when you find modded levels, rides, and parks (which isn't easy anymore). I found a Disneyland mod, and it's pretty darn accurate to the real thing, at least from whenever the mod was made. It even came with some pretty well made modded rides, stalls, and scenery.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Hmmm this is going to be a hard list for me...

Castle Crashers
Dungeons of Dredmor
Paper Mario - 64
Kirby's Dreamland - GameBoy
Does Mario Kart count?
Dance Dance Revolution
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Skullgirls
Street Fighter 2
Kirby's Air Ride
Super Smash Brothers Melee
TF2 I guess
Streets of Rage
Galaga, Galaxian and the like
Poker Night at the Inventory 1&2
Terraria
Portal
Audiosurf
The Stanly Parable
This one Ed Edd N' Eddy game for the GBA
Metroid Zero Mission

And probably some more games but I gave up on thinking of more. Just so you guys know, these are all games I have beat more than once with the exception of games you can't beat like TF2 and Poker Night at the Inventory.

Last edited:

Norad2

As unprepared for TFH as Pom.
Crowdfund Backer
Jun 21, 2016
Ohio
The Mass Effects
Pokemon Series
Starcraft 1 and 2
Call of Duty 1,2, and 4
Halo Series
Knights of the Old Republic
Battlefront 2
Peggle
Half Life 2
Portal 2
Probably a few others I've forgotten.

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Probably the Arkham games (sans Origins). Dead Space 1 and 2 (3 was meh). Ratchet and Clank series. Crash Bandicoot 1-3. Portal 1 and 2.