Gamecube Adapter

SSGuy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
What are the chances that this game can be played using a GameCube Adapter that was originally used for Smash Wii U? I currently use it in Dolphin 5.0 but I am curious to see what kind of controller options this game will have. It makes sense that anything with a USB end for multiple arcade sticks and fight pads but is Nintendo's architect in coding too challenging to make the adapter/GameCube controller work for this game.

I am kind of curious because I am planning on purchasing a controller soon and wouldn't mind knowing I can save $29.99

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
If it works on PC, it is pretty likely going to work in TFH. The Z Engine natively recognizes a huge amount of controllers, so I don't see why it wouldn't. It recognizes Klisk's SNES pads.

SSGuy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If it works on PC, it is pretty likely going to work in TFH. The Z Engine natively recognizes a huge amount of controllers, so I don't see why it wouldn't. It recognizes Klisk's SNES pads.
I actually spent a good hour figuring out how to make SkullGirls recognize a Gamecube controller. The only issue is that it feels like there is a small delay with buttons and it is only reading a four directions instead of 8 on the joystick. I'm trying to play around with deadzones right now to see if I can fix this.

UPDATE: I have gone ahead and ordered a PS3 Versus Controller from PDP. I believe that will work with no issues or 3rd Party drivers needed.

Thanks again for your response! :)

Last edited: