Friendliest Site I Have Ever Been On

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
With tier lists and so many other things that really isnt needed.
Tiers always exist. Some characters will have more favorable match-ups than others.

I think most of us right now dont care about tier lists and just want a good fighting game made with an interesting story
I know there are some competitive fighting game players who have signed up on the forums, but don't post very often. Most likely because there's not much to talk about currently outside of the lore. Once the game starts to resemble more of a completed game, and as it gets closer to beta, I'd expect strategy to become a more common topic than it is now. And of course, the game will (hopefully) attract more of a crowd once it's released.

That being said, I wouldn't worry about the competitive community causing the forums to become less friendly. Most people are relatively well mannered. Besides, I'd like to think we've been moderating the forums pretty diligently thus far, and are likely to continue doing so.

Reactions: CamTSB

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I've spotted @Hirosashii around here, but like the others you alluded to, he's only made a couple of posts so far.

Several years after the fact, but congrats to him for winning the CG 2012 tourney. I still enjoy going back and watching those matches from time to time.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
aw man I had a horrible time with League of Legends, that community does not seem welcome to new members.
League is more toxic than Fukushima. The only worse community I have ever seen was Gunz The Duel, and that I don't think you can top.

Super jorsour64

gotta him em' with dat Hogwa$h
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
I agree it is pretty chill here. I think it truly is the people judging from the few TFH generals on /Lawyer Friendly Equines/ (hope there's more..) it was just like here. (obviously a bit of salt and NSFW -ness because, you know, The Butt Zone and all but still.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

LoveIsBlue

Feb 7, 2016
I just hope the place doesn't become a hugbox. Obviously, hostility won't fun for anyone, but it's just as boring to have everyone uniting under one opinion and silencing the opinions of those who disagree.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I just hope the place doesn't become a hugbox. Obviously, hostility won't fun for anyone, but it's just as boring to have everyone uniting under one opinion and silencing the opinions of those who disagree.
This is true however there should be no issue with conflicting opinions, it all depends how said opinions are presented.

I have no quarry with anyone not agreeing with something or not linking something in the game but one thing is to post:

I dont like (Insert them here) and i think it coudl be better if: then proceed to give an explanation of why you dislike that aspect and what you think could be done to improve said aspect.

Another completely different story is to type.

ZOMG WT**BBQ Mane6 this game is the suxxorz! you guys suck at making videogames!

See? depending on how the opinion is presented others will keep a civil manner of replying or not.

LoveIsBlue

Feb 7, 2016
This is true however there should be no issue with conflicting opinions, it all depends how said opinions are presented.

I have no quarry with anyone not agreeing with something or not linking something in the game but one thing is to post:

I dont like (Insert them here) and i think it coudl be better if: then proceed to give an explanation of why you dislike that aspect and what you think could be done to improve said aspect.

Another completely different story is to type.

ZOMG WT**BBQ Mane6 this game is the suxxorz! you guys suck at making videogames!

See? depending on how the opinion is presented others will keep a civil manner of replying or not.
I get that. I just don't want it to be a case of dismissal for the sheer sake of being a different opinion by a vast majority, even one presented as nicely as possible. You know the kind, where there's no explanation or reasoning behind why the majority are disagreeing, they just are because it's not the common opinion.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I get that. I just don't want it to be a case of dismissal for the sheer sake of being a different opinion by a vast majority, even one presented as nicely as possible. You know the kind, where there's no explanation or reasoning behind why the majority are disagreeing, they just are because it's not the common opinion.
Agreed.

As long as people just understand the basic premise of "everyone is entitled to their opinion" we should be fine.

Kressent Rhodes

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I know League is good game, but I just can't stand the community most of the time.
I gave it a good run. Played with bots for a bit when a friend of mine invited me to play on a team. Needless to say I was pegged as being new to the game and just smothered. And it wasn't the fun kind of smothered. I pretty much gave up after that. There is actual fun to be had elsewhere.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
I gave it a good run. Played with bots for a bit when a friend of mine invited me to play on a team. Needless to say I was pegged as being new to the game and just smothered. And it wasn't the fun kind of smothered. I pretty much gave up after that. There is actual fun to be had elsewhere.
I had a lot of fun with LOL. But I was playing with my bro, sis, and bro-in-law.

Kressent Rhodes

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I had a lot of fun with LOL. But I was playing with my bro, sis, and bro-in-law.
I love the design of the game and I still love checking out their new characters. Im definitely not gonna knock the game's entertainment value. Its successful for a reason haha The people were just a bit crass and my friend couldn't protect me from all of them, so they ruined my experience.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
LoL is fun as long as you have someone to play with. Outside of that the community can make you seriously question how people manage to find a partner with that attitude.

Reactions: Kressent Rhodes

Nivek_Draco

I don't even care what my username means.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
'MURICA
This is by far the most positive and friendly site I have ever been on, like you guys are just amazing.

I just hope the actual in-game community is like this too

Stay awesome forum members :)
You've clearly never seen my posts.
Also, trust me on this one: There will be horrendously unapologetic noob-shaming in this game. It happens everywhere else.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
You've clearly never seen my posts.
Also, trust me on this one: There will be horrendously unapologetic noob-shaming in this game. It happens everywhere else.
Yeah i've had experience with noob-shaming before, especially in fighting games. Like once in MK9 I kept getting messages that were nothing but the word "F#!" because I kept losing.