[Forum Game] 90,000 Floors of the Hold

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The periscope retreats back behind the counter and an enormous hand begins tapping away at the register. The cashier talks as they type.

"Why don't you try the bathrooms? Janitor says he finds strange new things every time he cleans up in there! I'll bet you could find three flights of stairs and a dozen flights of birds if you look hard enough!"

They pause talking as they finish their calculations. "...Let's see... that advice comes out to... 802!" The cashier lifts a modestly-sized sack and drops it open on the counter. It's full of poker chips.

"All yours! Anything else I can do for you?"

Last edited:

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
They pause talking as they finish their calculations. "...Let's see... that advice comes out to... 802!" The cashier lifts a modestly-sized sack and drops it open on the counter. It's full of poker chips.

"All yours! Anything else I can do for you?"
*gracefully scoops up the sack.*
"Ah, why thank you, my good sir. Now, it appears we will be traversing for some time, have you some implement or device you suspect would supply aid? I have..."
*makes a show of searching for something before spotting the sack in his hand and lifting it up*
"802 to spend, and I'm willing to bet you have something I can afford at that price, yes?"

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
"All prices for menu items are negotiable, sir! However, I can tell you about some popular items amongst travelers!"

The cashier slams the counter. The children's menu flips over, revealing The Adventurer's Menu on the other side. You're not sure what happened to the original menu.

"The Paraphernalian Storage Waffle is an old favorite! Each space on it can comfortably store any object you're able-bodied enough to lift! No heavy backpack required! It also makes a splendid breakfast, microwaved to light, fluffy perfection with maple syrup on the inside!"

"Our Incredibly Compact Calzones are jam-packed with so much delicious stuffing, one will last you for days! Excellent for long hauls!"

"The All-Terrain Shopping Cart is powered by hopes, dreams, and determination! Let the will to succeed carry you across almost any surface with a slope less than 30 degrees!"

"...All to name a few! Feel free to browse the menu for whatever else strikes your fancy, though!"

Reactions: Firekirby

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
"All prices for menu items are negotiable, sir! However, I can tell you about some popular items amongst travelers!"

The cashier slams the counter. The children's menu flips over, revealing The Adventurer's Menu on the other side. You're not sure what happened to the original menu.

"The Paraphernalian Storage Waffle is an old favorite! Each space on it can comfortably store any object you're able-bodied enough to lift! No heavy backpack required! It also makes a splendid breakfast, microwaved to light, fluffy perfection with maple syrup on the inside!"

"Our Incredibly Compact Calzones are jam-packed with so much delicious stuffing, one will last you for days! Excellent for long hauls!"

"The All-Terrain Shopping Cart is powered by hopes, dreams, and determination! Let the will to succeed carry you across almost any surface with a slope less than 30 degrees!"

"...All to name a few! Feel free to browse the menu for whatever else strikes your fancy, though!"
*leans on the counter*
"Serious question... can a storage waffle store a storage waffle?"

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
"The last time I tried that, sir, the waffles attempted to store each other! It did not end well! Left starchy, sticky deliciousness on every surface in the room! Granted, the room was an empty broom closet, so there weren't very many surfaces anyhow!"

"But I digress! You could maybe get it to work if you're really careful, but why risk it, eh? You could always just order a take-out box and keep several storage waffles in there!"

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
"The last time I tried that, sir, the waffles attempted to store each other! It did not end well! Left starchy, sticky deliciousness on every surface in the room! Granted, the room was an empty broom closet, so there weren't very many surfaces anyhow!"

"But I digress! You could maybe get it to work if you're really careful, but why risk it, eh? You could always just order a take-out box and keep several storage waffles in there!"
"...I'll take 20."

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
"Now hold on a second, what about the weight? And what happens to the items if I eat the waffle? Why am I asking this, if I have the chest from the first floor in my top hat anyways?"

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
"...I'll take 20."
"20 Storage waffles, or 20 take-out boxes full of waffles? And will that be everything?"

"Now hold on a second, what about the weight? And what happens to the items if I eat the waffle? Why am I asking this, if I have the chest from the first floor in my top hat anyways?"
"I wouldn't be advertising the lack of need for a heavy backpack if your stuff stayed heavy! Though, if I were you, I would DEFINITELY make sure the waffle's empty before trying to eat it! Otherwise... well, let's just say I hope those items are really small! And for your last question, maybe it's because you want to keep your stuff inside a chest inside a waffle inside a top hat!"

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
"Coming right up!"

You hear the sound of a stool scraping the floor and the cashier's hat drops out of view with a jingle, followed by the sound of footsteps. The kitchen door behind the counter opens and shuts. A few moments later, two towers of take-out boxes return through the door, each with its own tower of waffles on top. Each of the cashier's long, winding arms sets a tower onto the counter, and with one more scraping from the stool, the hat reappears.

"Here we are, sir! Now for the matter of pricing... 649 is probably reasonable, don't you think?"

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
"Perfectly. And just to make this nice and even as to thank you for your kind service, how about you ring me up a couple of those calzones as well and I just give you a round 800?"
*palms two poker chips and drops the sack of now 800 chips back on the counter*

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
"800, eh? Yeah, I think we can do that! Be right back!"

The cashier scoops up the bag and leaves once again, returning a couple moments later with two wrapped calzones. When the cashier drops them on the counter, they land with a remarkably heavy thud... heavy enough, apparently, to summon the vegan menu overhead. After a few seconds of typing at the register, the cashier prints and hands you a receipt.

"20 Paraphernalian Storage Waffles, 20 take-out boxes full of Paraphernalian Storage Waffles, and 2 Incredibly Compact Calzones! Thank you for your patronage, sir!"

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
"800, eh? Yeah, I think we can do that! Be right back!"

The cashier scoops up the bag and leaves once again, returning a couple moments later with two wrapped calzones. When the cashier drops them on the counter, they land with a remarkably heavy thud... heavy enough, apparently, to summon the vegan menu overhead. After a few seconds of typing at the register, the cashier prints and hands you a receipt.

"20 Paraphernalian Storage Waffles, 20 take-out boxes full of Paraphernalian Storage Waffles, and 2 Incredibly Compact Calzones! Thank you for your patronage, sir!"
"Brilliant! Do you happen to have some carry-out bags as well?"

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
"Oh, of course! How silly of me to forget!" The hat dips down a bit as the cashier mutters to themselves, "let's see, large... extra large... ah, atrociously large!" A mighty hand hoists into view an atrociously large paper bag (with a pair of shoulder straps, for non-awkward handling). After stowing the two calzones away into one waffle, the cashier proceeds to fill the bag with your physics-defying comestibles. In short order, your order is packed and ready to go.

"Well, looks like you needed a backpack of sorts, after all! But at least it isn't heavy! Have a fantastic day!"

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
"I think we should go and find the bathrooms then. Goodness knows, I might even need it after that bra."

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
"Well, looks like you needed a backpack of sorts, after all! But at least it isn't heavy! Have a fantastic day!"
"Awesome. Thank you very much."
*slings the massive take-out bag over his shoulders*

"I think we should go and find the bathrooms then. Goodness knows, I might even need it after that bra."
*sighs*
"More doors, huh? Last thing I need today, but oh well. No time like the present, eh? Speaking of presents..."
*pulls out a container filled with storage waffles and tosses it to Avering*
"Certainly a bit silly, but it might be more convenient than pulling an entire chest out of your hat, as you so proclaimed."
*winks, and heads over to the bathroom doors*
"Well, might as well get this over with..."
*throws open the first door*

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
All of a sudden, a flock of 11 pigeons and a flamingo burst out of the door. The air is filled with cooing and honking as they fly laps around the room, until finally they disappear through the door to the play area. As feathers settle, you notice the cashier watching through the periscope again. "WOO! Did I call it, or what!?" they comment.

Inside the restroom appears relatively normal for the most part, with stalls lined up on the left side and sinks and mirrors on the right. However, the stall at the far end of the room appears to have a spiral staircase leading up out of it. The sink at the far end appears to have a coconut.

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
((Well, it's been over 24 hours since my last post. I sort of feel obligated to respond, but I don't really have much to say about the players' actions in the past day...))

((...I just thought of something. When I say [Freestyle], does that apply to all posts I make as the architect, or just the one post? I've been assuming the former, for some reason.))

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Okay then, I come out of the toilet, closing the door behind me. The coconut disappeared, but the stairclimbing bot is standing right next to the stairway, waiting just for the right moment to fulfill its purpose.
"Let's focus on the important things. Where did that coconut go?"