Final Fantasy XV

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Surprised there wasn't a thread dedicated to this game that has been in development for a decade. Now the wait is almost over (unless you got ylur hands on it early then congratulations). The only question remains. Was it worth it?

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I know it will be visually impressive if nothing else.

That said, it really has been ages, hasn't it? I mean, it was originally titled "Final Fantasy Versus XIII. There has been two XIII sequels, plus an MMO, and the remade version of said MMO, a new console generation, a XV Movie and animation (Brotherhood) in the interim period.

I'm actually curious as to whether they might release it on PC at some point.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
At the end of the day I just hope it ends up being good.

Super jorsour64

gotta him em' with dat Hogwa$h
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
I know it will be visually impressive if nothing else.

That said, it really has been ages, hasn't it? I mean, it was originally titled "Final Fantasy Versus XIII. There has been two XIII sequels, plus an MMO, and the remade version of said MMO, a new console generation, a XV Movie and animation (Brotherhood) in the interim period.

I'm actually curious as to whether they might release it on PC at some point.
Yeah me too. Honestly I'm just waiting for them to release it on that to get it.

At the end of the day I just hope it ends up being good.
Same. It's been so long :eek:

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I spent 3+ hours trying to find this Cactur in the first area. When I did find one I was unable to kill it so it ran off.

King Glave was pretty cool.

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I've been itching for a new RPG to play so I grabbed this game with the discounted price from Amazon. Unfortunately it's currently out of stock so I've got to wait for it to come in again before I get the game. Still, I'm definitely excited; like I said, I really need a new RPG and this should do it for me.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I played it for a couple of hours. Not too bad. More action-heavy than traditional FF, but then again they have been moving in this direction for a while now (Since XII I guess).

As expected, it's visually impressive. My poor first generation PS4 is having trouble running it smoothly, I can tell the framerate dips below 30 at times (Pretty sure it has dropped as low as 20 when running around).

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just unlocked the chocobos today, it's pretty good getting around the map with them. I'm enjoying the game so far my only complaint is that the car is basically on rails.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
My copy of this game just came in today and I had a couple of hours to mess around in it. So far I'm enjoying it a bunch; the standard fare RPG stuff (side-quests, exploration, etc.) is all great so far. But I have to admit that I love all the small little things they've added, like being able to cruise around while fast traveling or setting up camp. I guess it's just the kinda mundane bonding stuff that's really touching to me; for that reason I loved the opening scene with them pushing the car. I've still barely scratched the surface of this game and I won't have a chance to really dive into it until later thanks to finals, but I can't wait to have another go.

Reactions: Lanxide

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I finally gotten all thirteen royal arms and i'm now ready to explore the secret dungeons. Costlemark Tower gave a ton of exp.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I managed to find a little bit of time to play this game some more.

I spent most of it hunting down soundtracks and fishing...

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I've certainly enjoyed it so far, but I also feel like I've barely scratched the surface of the content in the game. I'd say it's worth a buy based on my experience, but maybe someone who's gotten farther in the game can give a more definite "yes, go out and buy this masterpiece" or "no, by the end it's not worth it."