Fighting Game Ideas?

Jordan Jackson

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I had an idea for a fighting game concept (with absolutely no intention of bringing it to fruition) and wanted to share it as well as hear some of y'all's ideas.

I was thinking of a 2D, tag team (2v2) fighting game where the team are all set, meaning you can't just pick any two characters, every character already has a partner.

I imagine the story reason behind this would be that there were two worlds and each character's partner was actually them from the other world. Or something like that. But I'd want some of the pairs to not be the same gender so maybe not. Maybe one future tech world and one medieval magic world and somehow they unintentionally collaborate to create a way between the two worlds?

What do y'all think? And what are some of y'all's ideas? And I'd there's already a thread for this that I managed to miss, lemme know.

Reactions: Queezeey

Rocketknightgeek

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
You know that trope in anime where two fighters (usually Samurai) run in step with each other and then throw out a clash to restart the momentum in the favor of whoever won that exchange. I think you could do something like that in a fighting game with an infinite arena or stage transitions and come out with something interesting provided there were options and not just a quicktime event..

Jordan Jackson

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I'm not sure I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm recalling the trope in which two swordsmen run at eachother and attack eachother and then 2 seconds later you see one of them fall, but I don't think that's what you're talking about. Do you have any examples?

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
Still like to imagine my stupid OC as a fighter.
And my stupid gun-toting lumberjack moose for TFH. :cool:

Neo the Hybrid

It's time to trim the Wood off of Woody
Feb 6, 2016
you know, that one place....
Are you meaning nothing with like, tag fighting, or did you say that just so DFC isn't the correct answer?
dengeki bunko fighting climax isn't mainstream anime characters, and they could have had a better roster, but NOPE

but anyways when i said mainstream anime characters i mean like goku or ichigo or something

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
dengeki bunko fighting climax isn't mainstream anime characters, and they could have had a better roster, but NOPE

but anyways when i said mainstream anime characters i mean like goku or ichigo or something
So what you're wanting is things that Dengeki Bunko doesn't have access to anyways, that makes sense.

And with all due respect, you can't say that things like Sword Art Online, Oreimo, and Durarara aren't mainstream. You listed Dragonball and Bleach, two anime that would be known to you even if you've never watched anything other than Toonami, but I digress.

Dragonball has it's own series of "fighters" with the Budokai games and stuff like that, and I'm pretty sure that Ichigo is in J-Stars Victory VS.

Neo the Hybrid

It's time to trim the Wood off of Woody
Feb 6, 2016
you know, that one place....
dengeki bunko could have had sonic or even sinon or celty(NOT AS AN ASSIST) but you know, NOPE
also when i mean fighters i mean the 1 on 1 thing, J stars victory isn't that,
and also, like is said before, crossover, not buokai

Naughta_Noob

"I mustn't betray spoon"
Backers' Beta Tester
I've been baking up a fighting game in the back of my mind for a couple years now, but not entirely sure if I'll pursue game development in my future. So at least for now I'll keep the ideas to myself in case some peeps decide to lift my ideas.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
Id love a fighting game from Blizzard, Heroes of the Fight, they have an easter egg on the maps, where they have an arcade with a sprite based fighting game using Blizzards characters.