1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Them's Fightin' Herds is now out on Early Access!
    You can buy it from these links.
    Humble Bundle // Steam

3. Current Early Access Patch: 2-6-2019

Feb 22 - Still release // Unexpected change of plans

Discussion in 'News' started by ManeSix, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Someoneman

Someoneman Crowdfund Backer
    Crowdfund Backer

Mane6 should have mentioned something like "we ran into some last-second issues that will keep us from delivering all promised content; we're allowing people to get the game and play the beta version while we work things out". I just want to know if there actually were some issues or if they couldn't finish the animations in time or whatever.

2. Lurk

Lurk Well-Known Member

Is the "Backer" label in the upper right corner supposed to be there?

TheMinstrelBoy likes this.
  3. edzepp

edzepp Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

'As the (next) first step for this, we're making a patch to Backers' Beta available later today introducing most of the changes to come in the Feb 22 release. Then as the step after that we'll be working our collective behind for the next two days to close the gap between the 0.95 and 1.0 versions as much as we can, to hopefully make it a 0.97 or 0.98 just missing the story mode.'

I notice this bit in Mane 6's post, and I think that's what is going on at the moment.

ATV, Ferettoko, Pom d'or and 2 others like this.
  4. Lurk

Lurk Well-Known Member

Hopefully Oleander's animations will be cleared up then.

#84 Lurk, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  5. J. Renfield

J. Renfield Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Sorry to bother but hoefully my message will be more visible here. I posted in another topic that I tried to use my backer key to download the game but I got a "duplicate code error" saying that my key code was already used by someone else, which I found impossible. Then again, I decided to get my code until today since I donated over 2 years ago. So yeah, I need help solving that problem...not to mention where I could get my hands on the rest of my rewards for my backer status such as the music...but that's second to my main problem with my key code.

6. beta

beta Mane6 Dev
    Staff Member Mane6 Developer

Looking into it

Erkicman likes this.
  7. Random

Random Crowdfund Backer
    Crowdfund Backer

I am pretty sure they will be.

8. Lurk

Lurk Well-Known Member

Apparently, combo trials are accessed through Practice Mode options.

9. Alevgor

Alevgor Canis Imaginatus
    Backers' Beta Tester

then this feature is implemented in a really obscure way

gatorafan likes this.
  10. WereWeasel42

WereWeasel42 Member

I didn't have any trouble finding it. I don't think making it a more front and center option is necessary. Most fighting games I've played implement their combo trials through the menus in training mode.

11. Alevgor

Alevgor Canis Imaginatus
    Backers' Beta Tester

It was presented as separate feature, not some kind of training option. Like target practice - it could be hidden somewhere in the training mode but instead has its own menu screen, ranking etc.
    As for existing fighting games - I only remember playing combo trials in BlazBlue CPEX and it was implemented as a separate Challenge mode.

12. gatorafan

gatorafan HOLAS: (tm)
    Backers' Beta Tester

Really? From the top of my head I remember Guilty Gear, KOF, SFV and DBFZ having a separate section for combo trials (or by default having a training "category" in the main menu where challenges, regular training and the like are situated).

I also remember games having matchup tutorials about what to do with a certain characters in certain situations, and for some reason I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be part of this game at some point but that might be something for 1.0 (like that challenge where you get bombarded with projectiles after touching the cow).

VendiMANS likes this.
  13. DannDratini

DannDratini Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Where would I go about getting my key for the game? I'm a backer of the Unicorn Wizard level, and I haven't heard anything, even though I've seen people playing since the beta keys got removed. Also, when will we know about the physical game copies?

14. djazz

djazz Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

15. SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz Where there is smoke, there is fire!
    Backers' Beta Tester

Pom d'or likes this.