Feb 22 - Still release // Unexpected change of plans

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Mane6 should have mentioned something like "we ran into some last-second issues that will keep us from delivering all promised content; we're allowing people to get the game and play the beta version while we work things out". I just want to know if there actually were some issues or if they couldn't finish the animations in time or whatever.

edzepp

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 26, 2017
'As the (next) first step for this, we're making a patch to Backers' Beta available later today introducing most of the changes to come in the Feb 22 release. Then as the step after that we'll be working our collective behind for the next two days to close the gap between the 0.95 and 1.0 versions as much as we can, to hopefully make it a 0.97 or 0.98 just missing the story mode.'

I notice this bit in Mane 6's post, and I think that's what is going on at the moment.

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
'As the (next) first step for this, we're making a patch to Backers' Beta available later today introducing most of the changes to come in the Feb 22 release. Then as the step after that we'll be working our collective behind for the next two days to close the gap between the 0.95 and 1.0 versions as much as we can, to hopefully make it a 0.97 or 0.98 just missing the story mode.'

I notice this bit in Mane 6's post, and I think that's what is going on at the moment.
Hopefully Oleander's animations will be cleared up then.

Last edited:

J. Renfield

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Nov 19, 2017
Sorry to bother but hoefully my message will be more visible here. I posted in another topic that I tried to use my backer key to download the game but I got a "duplicate code error" saying that my key code was already used by someone else, which I found impossible. Then again, I decided to get my code until today since I donated over 2 years ago. So yeah, I need help solving that problem...not to mention where I could get my hands on the rest of my rewards for my backer status such as the music...but that's second to my main problem with my key code.

beta

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 24, 2016
Sorry to bother but hoefully my message will be more visible here. I posted in another topic that I tried to use my backer key to download the game but I got a "duplicate code error" saying that my key code was already used by someone else, which I found impossible. Then again, I decided to get my code until today since I donated over 2 years ago. So yeah, I need help solving that problem...not to mention where I could get my hands on the rest of my rewards for my backer status such as the music...but that's second to my main problem with my key code.
Looking into it

Reactions: Erkicman

Lurk

Feb 17, 2018
I think either it's some kind of misunderstanding or of last minute change of the plans because current game version does not correspond to "first public release" mentioned in the TS post - missing character animations, combo trials(?) , unfinished pixel lobby etc
Apparently, combo trials are accessed through Practice Mode options.

WereWeasel42

Feb 17, 2018
Texas
then this feature is implemented in a really obscure way
I didn't have any trouble finding it. I don't think making it a more front and center option is necessary. Most fighting games I've played implement their combo trials through the menus in training mode.

Alevgor

Canis Imaginatus
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I didn't have any trouble finding it. I don't think making it a more front and center option is necessary. Most fighting games I've played implement their combo trials through the menus in training mode.
It was presented as separate feature, not some kind of training option. Like target practice - it could be hidden somewhere in the training mode but instead has its own menu screen, ranking etc.
As for existing fighting games - I only remember playing combo trials in BlazBlue CPEX and it was implemented as a separate Challenge mode.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Really? From the top of my head I remember Guilty Gear, KOF, SFV and DBFZ having a separate section for combo trials (or by default having a training "category" in the main menu where challenges, regular training and the like are situated).

I also remember games having matchup tutorials about what to do with a certain characters in certain situations, and for some reason I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be part of this game at some point but that might be something for 1.0 (like that challenge where you get bombarded with projectiles after touching the cow).

Reactions: VendiMANS

DannDratini

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Where would I go about getting my key for the game? I'm a backer of the Unicorn Wizard level, and I haven't heard anything, even though I've seen people playing since the beta keys got removed. Also, when will we know about the physical game copies?

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Also, when will we know about the physical game copies?
TFH Indiegogo Updates said:
Q. When will physical rewards arrive?
A. Physical rewards will be delivered all at once; Since this requires a 1.0 version of the game to put on the physical disks, Physical rewards will start production and distribution after 1.0 version releases.

Reactions: Pom d'or