Favourite music

darahalian

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Youtube for me has been a great place to find music, and I've found myself subscribed to a great many music makers. Most of my favorite artists come from the pony fandom, but there are also a few I really like that are unrelated to it.
My favorite artist would probably have to be Aviators, but the others are not very far behind:
Odyssey Eurobeat, d.notive, Archie (Pony Archie), 4everfreebrony, Nicolas Dominique, PonyFireStone,
Synthis, SlyphStorm, Thorinair, Twitch, &I, JayB, Marcus Warner / Evening Star,
ponyphonic, melodicpony, Makkon, DasDeer, Stars In Autumn, StormWolf, and of course, can't forget Glaze / Wooden Toaster or H8_Seed
There are a few others, but I think those are my favorites.

For non-pony related artists:
OVERWERK, audiomachine, Two Steps From Hell, Ivan Torrent, Blackmill

(I can't be bothered to try to pick a favorite song for any of them, so those are all just links to their video lists on Youtube)

Last edited:

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
Right, I've gotta throw in my favorite band I accidentally discovered, Rubblebucket. I found out about them because they were playing at a venue where I volunteer as an usher. I really liked there music up on Youtube and there were a bunch of comments talking about how they were much better live, and they really are. They don't just play music while moving around a bit and make some amusing stage banter, they actually make a huge pretty unique spectacle of their shows. I highly recommend going to see them if you have the chance, they deserve way more attention than they get.

Kegradigm

Professional Heister
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This thread made me want to dig up some of my other favorites. So I did.

The first time I listened to this, I nearly got floored by the sheer epicness of it.

I remember in high school putting this song on one of the computers in the lab. One of my friends recommended the album to me the next day.

And we can't talk about favorite music without Hotline Miami, now can we?

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
A friend linked me to this band a while back, and they quickly joined my favorites. They have a bunch of really good songs and it's hard for me to pick a favorite. (Plus you gotta love that album art).

And I heard someone mention metal. Here's another great band.

Finally, I find this Decemberists song super catchy. I'll still usually loop it a few times if I hear it once.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I'm a big listener of Video Game music, but if were talking about mainstream kinda stuff I'm a big Daft Punk fan.

Some of my favorite songs in gaming:

Crym4x

What do you mean i can't use a bucket as a hat
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Canberra, Australia
I'm a huge EDM fan so here are some songs i listen to on my 2000+ song playlist (yes i can pinpoint about 750+ favorite songs)

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I like almost all music, I do have some exceptions like Hip Hop or Reggae and so.

I do enjoy power metal quite a bit as well.