Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Some of my personal favorites are:
Wei Shen (Sleeping Dogs)
Tal Set A.K.A Turok (Turok series)
Gordon Freeman (Half Life Series)
Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog Series)
Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem Series)
Bowser (He's a hero in Bowser's Inside Story)
Bayonetta (Bayonetta Series)
Rayman (Rayman Series)
Fox McCloud (Star Fox Series)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil Series)

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
Snake - Metal Gear series
Master Chief - Halo
Dizzy - Guilty Gear
Morrigan - Darkstalkers
Felicia - Darkstalkers
Gordon Freeman - Half Life

Reactions: Gamerdude854

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
Kind of abstract, but I would have to say... Myself, or in another way, the character you create for Bethesda games and such. Where your able to make the protagonist what you want him or her to be. I like them as a self-insert character because then I don't have to think about who they are, because the way I play them... They're all me, and how I would react in that world.

As for established characters, I would say Link, Fox McCloud, Kyle Katarn, Sargent. Hawk from "Army Men", and others that aren't coming to me at this time.

ILikeKirbys

Puffball Enthusiast
Feb 19, 2016
Wario. The best treasure hunter, if only for the insane lengths he'll go to to get money. Beating up pirates? Beating up the same pirates again? Getting lit on fire? Being rolled up in a snowball? Being squished flat? Becoming even fatter to the point he can barely jump? Triggering allergies that swell his face up like a balloon? Becoming a vampire? Or a zombie? Traveling to another world through a telescope to beat up different pirates? Running a video game company? Anything to get money. That's dedication you won't see anywhere else.

Luigi. He jumps higher, he wavedashes farther, he's totally afraid of ghosts but he'll vacuum them anyway, and he gets a fox suit instead of the Tanuki Suit. Always pick him over Mario, he's just better.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War's Sigurd. He conquered a sizable amount of a continent. Granted, that didn't work out too well, but damn, most FE protags settle for saving a country or two, maybe getting to rule one of them if they can, but this guy goes and makes all of the countries he can reach his.

Shame it all gets stolen away from him after he gets murdered by meteors, but that doesn't really detract from the awesomeness in my eyes.

Also, Sigurd's son Celice/Seliph/however it's spelled. Years after Sigurd's death by falling rocks, he goes and frees all the countries Sigurd conquered from the bad dudes who killed him and his party. Basically performing Sigurd's path of awesome conquest, but in reverse (not exactly in reverse, but the final chapter's still "conquer the place you started the first chapter from" and you spend Celice's half of the story liberating all of the countries Sigurd conquered from the aforementioned Sigurd-killing bad dudes, so I count it). Badassery runs in that family.

The Wonderful 100. They're such cool guys, they make masks that let normal people be cool guys too and help them build people-hands and people-swords and people-whips and people-gliders-that-somehow-fly-despite-the-fact-that-they-should-weigh-like-at-least-one-ton and people-time-slowing-bombs and other stuff made of people. And they make guns out of people, that fire bullets made of people. And one of those guns is the Super Scope, but with people. That is awesome.

Mega Man. So simple, but so much fun. Even in Smash he's fun to play.

And, of course, Kirby. Puffball always brings a fun time, even in some of the weirder outings (seriously, what was Tilt 'N' Tumble even?).

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
• Alena from Dragon Quest! A martial artist princess who dresses like a spellcaster and mainly wields claws. She's such a fun character to watch in Dragon Quest Heroes, if only I could play it.
• Kirby, mainly because of how simple he is and how much I love his games
• Hisao Nakai from Katawa Shoujo, though how much I like him depends on the route
• Tomoya Okazaki from CLANNAD. I haven't finished the whole game yet, but from what I've played, he's blunt and very apathetic to most of his surroundings, but he's still a caring person despite growing up in a very abusive situation.
Abusive enough that when he meets Nagisa's family, their happiness and love for each other legitimately confuses him since he grew up constantly getting into fights with his father after his mother died. One of which ruined his shoulders.

LLHero25

Master of Illogical Logic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Bowie, MD
This is gonna be quite the list.
Phoenix Wright (lovable dork who fights for justice using his noggin) - Ace Attorney Series
Nathan Drake (super charismatic treasure hunter who makes funny quips and almost feels like a real human) - Uncharted Series
Neku Sakuraba (emo loner turned caring friend by the end) - The World Ends with You
Naked Snake (skilled soldier with undying respect for his mentor and friend)- MGS3
Link (despite not having a real character, he naturally looks and feels the part of a hero) - Zelda Series
Bayonetta (sexy, powerful, shameless and confident with a accent. Everything you would want in a woman) - Bayonetta Series
Roxas (a tragic hero struggling understand who he is, trying to become his own person and live a happy life with his friends but is unfortunately chained to his other self, unable to escape from his destiny) - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Kratos (a man willing to sacrifice the world, killing the gods that inhabit it,and ruthlessly destroy anything to have his revenge. I cant help but respect his dedication to accomplish his gruesome goal) - God of War Series
Every FF6 Character (this game masterpiece of a game has no "real" main protagonist. The beginning centers around Terra in the beginning but than Celes in the last half with everyone being just as in depth. So I say "why not all?" lol)
Samus (a bounty hunter who braves unknown planets who is capable of any foe big or small. Again, not too much character but she fits the role extremely well)
Pit (a optimistic yet naïve angel with considerable skill who fights for good and has fun banter with Palutena) - Kid Icarus Uprising
Kirby (a cheerful pink puff with a interesting power and who is quite expressive for a round pink thing) - Kirby Series
Amaterasu (a very unique protagonist who is the God of the Sun in the form of a wolf, tasked with ridding the world from darkness) - Okami
Luke von Fabre (a spoiled asshole prince who was whisked away onto an adventure and quickly had to mature and take responsibility for himself and deal with his...unique birth) -Tales of the Abyss

I'm sure there's more but this should do for now. lol

SomewhatGoodGate

Just your average everyday Gate.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Easy

Cole Macgrath - InFamous 2 version

Cole: "Is he like your... significantly older boyfriend?"

Quo: "I prefer the term father figure"

Cole: "Hey its cool... I don't judge"

Nuff said

Naughta_Noob

"I mustn't betray spoon"
Backers' Beta Tester
I really enjoy Sir Daniel Fortesque from Medievil. Mostly because he was a random schmuck who talked his way into the leadership of the royal guard...and got owned because of that, where he had to redeem his big talk after death. Also, he's a spooky scary skeleton...

Also this: