Favorite Pokemon?

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
Funny, I'm trying to get a Scyther in Pokemon Yellow. It's a pity that Swords Dance, Focus Power, and Rage are all bugged in one way or another because he'd be a TOTAL BEAST (moreso than he already is) if they worked properly. I really wanted the one-two combo of Swords Dance and Rage to work, since he has high attack already, and high speed as well. Though perhaps he would be a bit squishy to take full advantage of that combo. Still, if Focus Power worked, he could use Slash and have a really high probability of a critical hit.
With the first gen since critical chance is based on speed could you just pump him full of carbos to get his crit chance pretty ridic to begin with? Scyther's pretty fast to begin with if I remember correctly

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
With the first gen since critical chance is based on speed could you just pump him full of carbos to get his crit chance pretty ridic to begin with? Scyther's pretty fast to begin with if I remember correctly
Yeah, actually. I think really high speed pokemon can, with Slash, cause critical often enough. I think a Pokemon like Persian, that has a bit more speed than Scyther, can crit like 95% of the time with Slash? SO yeah, pumped up on Carbos he wouldn't need Focus Power anyway, you're right.

Queezeey

Fighting game amateur
Feb 4, 2016
a desk
Goodra with Assault Vest, nicknamed "Goofy Goodra" (SpongeBob Movie reference)
goodra_by_glyon-d6r8h0c.png
Alternatively, I also really like Imposter Ditto. In cases where an enemy pokemon's set up to sweep you with ridiculous stat boosts, you can just send him in. He copies all of their stats (and equivalent boosts) except HP, making him essentially a second mega evolution / legendary / whatever. Give him a Choice Scarf and he's guaranteed to outspeed / speed tie, then counter sweep the opponent's entire team. Nickname it something like "Got ya nose" for extra lolz.

Last edited:

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I don't think I have a favorite, but since I'm stuck playing Leaf Green over and over since I don't have any consoles other than my GameBoySP, I think I'll go with Vulpix. She didn't REALLY need to be in my party, but with Confuse Ray and Flamethrower, and evolving into a Ninetales, she kind of just stuck. And yes, I know that you can only get them really far into the game, but I ALWAYS tried to get one in my team and reserve a slot for them, I just really like Vulpix and Ninetales.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Funny, I'm trying to get a Scyther in Pokemon Yellow. It's a pity that Swords Dance, Focus Power, and Rage are all bugged in one way or another because he'd be a TOTAL BEAST (moreso than he already is) if they worked properly. I really wanted the one-two combo of Swords Dance and Rage to work, since he has high attack already, and high speed as well. Though perhaps he would be a bit squishy to take full advantage of that combo. Still, if Focus Power worked, he could use Slash and have a really high probability of a critical hit.
Indeed. Gen 1 was an absolute mess. Let us not even mention how SO SUPER USEFUL Bug-type moves were... (read: not at all)

Funnily enough, I never owned Red when I was younger, which is where my favorite Pokemon was exclusive to (I didn't know it at the time). You better bet I was rolling in bugs in Gold, though.

Gecko Tony

Forum Noob
Backers' Beta Tester
Mar 17, 2016
My favorite would have to be Zubat. They're actually really great if you get over the fact that 200 of them attack you en masse every time you enter a cave.

CrazyBob05

Feb 9, 2016
Growlithe, Arcanine, Vulpix, Ninetales, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Suicune, and Victini.