Favorite Indie Games?

ILikeKirbys

Puffball Enthusiast
Feb 19, 2016
Shovel Knight. Original and Plague of Shadows. So much fun. Can't wait for the Specter Knight mode.

Freedom Planet too. It's Sonic-y, and I like that.

Undertale was nice too. Having a non-combat option to end battles with (outside of run away) was kind of well-handled, but the combat mostly bored me (if only any of the enemies were halfway as enjoyable as Papyrus/Undyne/Muffet/Mettaton, those were actually really fun). I stopped when all the monsters started initiating battles to talk to me, but I liked it outside of the gameplay.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamerdude854

Crayv

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Space Engineers

The dev team has really made it awesome. They have been updating it every week nearly without fail for over two years now. It has come a very long way from when they started.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Dust: An Elysian Tail. Like, I don't think I'm even able to consider anything else.
Oh I forgot to include that one, that game was outstanding.

Shovel Knight. Original and Plague of Shadows. So much fun. Can't wait for the Specter Knight mode.

Freedom Planet too. It's Sonic-y, and I like that.

Undertale was nice too. Having a non-combat option to end battles with (outside of run away) was kind of well-handled, but the combat mostly bored me (if only any of the enemies were halfway as enjoyable as Papyrus/Undyne/Muffet/Mettaton, those were actually really fun). I stopped when all the monsters started initiating battles to talk to me, but I liked it outside of the gameplay.
I for some reason forgot to include Shovel Knight, but yeah that is an awesome game

BeachThunder

A fungus among us
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Just finished Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. Pretty decent/cutesy Metroidvania and I'm gonna give Salt and Sanctuary a try on PS4, which I've heard is even better.

20160313214824_1.png

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
Well, I would have to have a bias opinion of the games that I have made (link below) , I would say my favorite indie games are "The Stanley Parable", "FTL: Faster Then Light", and "Terraria".

"Bastion" was good, but not the best. I did adore that narrator. I even got the "DOTA 2" Announcer Pack for him.

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Heavy Bullets, Undertale, Matt Roszak's games (Epic Battle Fantasy series, Bullet Heaven series), Edmund McMillen's games (Super Meat Boy, Binding of Isaac). Screencheat and Tabletop Simulator too!

...And then I have almost 700 hours in Terraria.

*If any of those aren't indie, please forgive me and correct me furiously, it's 3:33am at the time of posting.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Oh yeah, Terraria and Minecraft for that matter.

I'd have more than 100 or so hours on Terraria were it not for the bug I encountered that caused the game to run slow (even if your framerate was high). Never got resolved back then. Maybe it works now, but I haven't gotten around to trying it.

Minecraft I haven't played in a while. I inevitably do the same thing over and over again...Design a building that uses redstone circuitry to do something I think is cool, like secret entrances, water/lava stuff, etc.

xCROOKEDx

Strongest Bee in the World!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Extra Indie:
Pony Island
I MAED A GA3M W1TH ZOMB13Z!!1
One Way Heroics
Murder Miners

Small Teams:
Limbo
Poker Night At The Inventory

A few that depend on your view of what an indie studio is:
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger series
Bastion
Brutal Legend

And the obvious:
Undertale
Shovel Knight

Convalescence

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 8, 2016
Easy answer, but Undertale for one. Also Long Live the Queen is great, and Frozen Synapse too.

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
Undertale, audiosurf, dust the elusian tail (prob spelled that wrong), ori and the blind forest, shovel knight, cave story...to name a few...

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
I guess Bastion or Transistor.
Defintiely, they have some of the most gorgeous art direction in recent games
I love that about indie games, often they go in art directions or aesthetics that wouldn't be as viable for big productions but since they're working with a small team they can really see their ideas pan out and where they go.
The hand painted style to their games has always been a fav of mine, the environment work is so good (especially in Transistor)

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Undertale, audiosurf, dust the elusian tail (prob spelled that wrong), ori and the blind forest, shovel knight, cave story...to name a few...
All great indie games, I agree

Kerbal Space Program, full stop.

Best indie game! In my opinion ofc :D
I've heard many good things about Kerbal, although it does seem a bit pricey

Mod note: don't double post

Last edited by a moderator: