Fallout The Glue Factory: Pre-Alpha

Shadowking58

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
The first pre-alpha build of the Fallout The Glue Factory game by Overmare Studios is now available for public play (outside of conventions) Download here at the bottom of the page

This demo contains:
  • A 40-acre section of Sweet Apple Acres, with enemies and loot throughout
  • 4 enemy types
  • 12 weapons
  • 15 armor pieces
  • 5 spells

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Ah, I actually just went and posted about that on the Lawyer Friendly Equines thread in Off-Topic. I'm in the process of DLing it right now myself. I only re-discovered this game and then they hit me/us with a playable demo. Timing. I apparently have it.

Shadowking58

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
Ah, I actually just went and posted about that on the Lawyer Friendly Equines thread in Off-Topic. I'm in the process of DLing it right now myself. I only re-discovered this game and then they hit me/us with a playable demo. Timing. I apparently have it.
I played it for a little bit, but after the very first time the game crashed, I couldn't play anymore.
Endless black screen after the UNITY logo

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This looks cool, but will The Toy Company C&D this too?

EAiscool

The conversation starter
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
I stopped following this project a while ago but I'm pretty sure they have a video on their YouTube channel that talks about legal stuff.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
You might want to send that link to them on the site. Maybe on the particular build forum?

EDIT: To clarify, I'm pretty sure that is, in fact, a log of what's going on, and at the end there are repeated instances of something (that looks important) failing to load. Did you try booting up the game a bunch of times after that failure?

Someone posted a vid, I think on the Lawyer Friendly Equines thread (or fave youtube channels) in Off-topic that basically said "Nope, ain't'a'gonnahappen". They're based in Canada which apparently has more reasonable copyright laws than the USA.

Last edited:

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
We're ...not entirely sure we want to have this topic in our forums.

This thread has a risk of going into some murky legalese places that we'd rather avoid entirely. Thread can stay for now, but mind where you take the topic.

Reactions: CamTSB and Oreo

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Well, I was finally able to encode my video and UL it (finished whilst I was asleep). Took a few tries because of my low C drive space *sighs*

Description said:
Fallout The Glue Factory has a public pre-alpha! Well, you know this because you're here now, aren't you? It was a bit unexpected, but a nice surprise.

Obviously, it's rather rough. Sound balancing being one issue, clipping being another. Enemy AI is obviously a bit lacking. Still, nice progress!

Somewhat crappy framerates, but that's as much do to my rig being half a decade old as anything I expect. The game crashed when I tried to close it, but better then, than when I'm actually playing eh?

You can grab the demo here:
http://theovermare.com/blog/2016/02/w...

And of course, if you play try to send feebdack. I forgot to click on that link on the main menu, but I'll do that later.

Shadowking58

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
We're ...not entirely sure we want to have this topic in our forums.

This thread has a risk of going into some murky legalese places that we'd rather avoid entirely. Thread can stay for now, but mind where you take the topic.
But Overmare Studios is situated in Canada, which has far more fair copyright laws compared to the U.S.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
But Overmare Studios is situated in Canada, which has far more fair copyright laws compared to the U.S.
And Mane6 isn't, and we've already had our own personal trouble in the first place. If we deem it something we would rather not have to deal with on our side of the fence, then we're sorry, but that's how it goes. Like was said, it can stay for now, but please do be careful where the conversations go.

Szkieletor

Ngasta! Kvata! Kvakis!
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
[snip]
THAT SAID. The game...well, I guess it's in pre-alpha or whatever, and I'm no game developer so I can never appreciate the difficulty of these things, but I have a feeling it's not going to improve much beyond what we're seeing now. Plus, it can be ridiculous enough to imagine the story playing out in your head, but watching the pony models in-game just takes it straight into the realm of "impossible to take seriously." All IMHO, clearly, but there you have it.

At least the music's solid. The Wasteland Wailers are a really talented fan outfit, and their lead female vocalist is an off-Broadway starlet, or something of that caliber. Whatever the case, she makes for a great Velvet Remedy.
I mostly agree with you. I have high hopes for this game and want it to be good. I love the weapon models and those robots. But pony models... I'm just not a big fan. Especially with the recent change. People complained they were too "cartoony" so they made them more "realistic" and now we've got this weird, creepy hybrid between realistic and cartoony and it doesn't fit in either. It's hard to make good, 3D pony models that fit the rest of the world, but I'm thinking they should go back to the cartoony ones, and make the rest of their art-style more cartoony. You know, fit in with the fic's original "Gory Fallout + Cute Ponies" style. Kinda like TF2 or something, if you know what I mean.

That being said, the gameplay is pretty much what you'd expect. Obviously we need more feebdack elements like more particle effects, hurt animations, better sounds, better AI, that kind of stuff. Magic is alright for a pre-alpha preview, there are a bunch of obvious bugs that will surely be fixed down the line. Pretty decent for this development stage.
And the music is great. Even if the game turns out to be meh we'll still have the music, can't lose here.