[FactionRP] The Pom Patrol [Pom]

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
"Yeah, but I had sometime to kill before we mobilized and I wanted to see if I could find Fleece's treasure."

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Southeastern United States
Listen, we've got a couple of new members here, Nox and some other guy, and they want to give Fleece a tidy home to return to. Please don't trash this place and make it harder on us.
And of course I have a key, Fleece is my boss.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
*raises eyebrow*
Treasure? Zero, Fleece's home is not a place for hunting treasure.
*Suddenly a wall turns askew and reveals a piece of parchment... probably a map to a treasure*
"See, just listen to the Narrator, he won't steer you wrong, unless the story calls for it..."
Listen, we've got a couple of new members here, Nox and some other guy, and they want to give Fleece a tidy home to return to. Please don't trash this place and make it harder on us.
And of course I have a key, Fleece is my boss.
"New members? Well it's good to see the ol' patrol is still holding up and expanding. Well, I've got my map, you've got a house to clean and some help, I'll get out of your fluff and be on my way now."
Hi, Zero is it? I'm Nox, nice to meet ewe.
"Hi, Zero, past representative of the Pom Patrol, glad to make your acquaintance Nox."

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
*Suddenly a wall turns askew and reveals a piece of parchment... probably a map to a treasure*
"See, just listen to the Narrator, he won't steer you wrong, unless the story calls for it..."
Please, don't follow that map, I'm sure Fleece has a good reason to keep that secret. If you must, you can even ask him about it once you rescue him.

*whispering*...Good luck...

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
"Alright, but I'll still take a look at it. I'll see what happens once we get him back. See ya!"

baxdab

Totally a backer guys
Jun 25, 2016
baxbound.tumblr.com
Amist the the chaos, a lone Bighorn Sheep stands at the entrance, jaw agape. His eyes dart from person to person, carefully examining every exciting detail of the room he found himself in.

After a considerable delay, the Sheep realizes he is being talked about, and steps forward to introduce himself to any who would listen. "I'm sorry, I never did introduce myself did I? My name is Peppermint, but most people just call me Pepper!" Unsure of his next step, Pepper excitedly paces from side to side, still somewhat overwhelmed to be a part of the group. Really, any group at all is exciting. After all, bighorn sheep tend to live in very small, isolated communities far in the mountains, and the only other group he had grown accustomed to interacting with were the occasional Elk herd wandering by. To be in a room with such a diverse community... it made Pepper's heart race with excitement!

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Amist the the chaos, a lone Bighorn Sheep stands at the entrance, jaw agape. His eyes dart from person to person, carefully examining every exciting detail of the room he found himself in.

After a considerable delay, the Sheep realizes he is being talked about, and steps forward to introduce himself to any who would listen. "I'm sorry, I never did introduce myself did I? My name is Peppermint, but most people just call me Pepper!" Unsure of his next step, Pepper excitedly paces from side to side, still somewhat overwhelmed to be a part of the group. Really, any group at all is exciting. After all, bighorn sheep tend to live in very small, isolated communities far in the mountains, and the only other group he had grown accustomed to interacting with were the occasional Elk herd wandering by. To be in a room with such a diverse community... it made Pepper's heart race with excitement!
There is a place for you to formally introduce your OC/Have a good read through someone else's OC story.

The TFHs Original Character Thread

Koiyuki

Humble subject of the Empire of Tianhuo
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
Somewhere in SoCal
Your figurehead seems to believe that this world works best when we work hand in hand to make it better, and to act in the name of peace. What say you all?

Koiyuki

Humble subject of the Empire of Tianhuo
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
Somewhere in SoCal
I disagree with that philosophy, no matter who you think it's from. The world would not be itself without conflict. Is that not what most Longma believe as well?
There is a time for war, and a time for peace, as seen in the unity of our Honorable Father and Mother. I will not hesitate to fight, if need be, but for the world to grow and prosper, there must be the stability that is offered by peaceful actions. Without that balance, this world would stagnate, and stagnation is the slowest form of death

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
There is a time for war, and a time for peace, as seen in the unity of our Honorable Father and Mother. I will not hesitate to fight, if need be, but for the world to grow and prosper, there must be the stability that is offered by peaceful actions. Without that balance, this world would stagnate, and stagnation is the slowest form of death
Indeed. And yet, all I aim to do in this life is to use my strength for the prosperity of my brethren. I know it is not a truly balanced existence, yet I must play the part I need to.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
(A streak of white light bursts down from the sky, crashing into the ground with a explosive impact that craters the hill several feet down. Moments later, something resembling a long-beaked penguin with sharp teeth waddles out, dusting itself off with it's flippers)

Mirrow the Boobrie: Sheesh, didn't have to throw me that hard. Now...where is this Cactus fellow so I can get tough and ready? (searches around for his target)

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Mirrow the Boobrie: Heh....Dandy. (His skin retracts as muscle and bone appear, his two eyes bulging out of his skull, almost as if he had been turned inside-out. His skull starts to elongate and morph into that of a Tundra Wolf, along with the rest of his body as new white skin and fur forms on the outside) Ah...much better... (cracks head back and forth to adjust) The power of a Boobrie is metamorphosis, that form before was my plain form, this is for attacking sheep and their dogs. (drools hungrily, crouching down halfway with rear upwards facing Dandy)

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
"Oh...wow, that's something to behold, all right. Well, you look ready to go, so give me your best shot!

Dandy stands in anticipation, staring down Mirrow. His legs and hooves are fidgeting slightly in an odd manner.

Last edited:

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Mirrow the Boobrie: Where are you looking? (His after-image fades suddenly as he reappears mere inches from Dandy, raising a razor-sharp paw upwards before slamming it down upon his skull. Should he miss, the ground would split into four long, deep fissures) GLACIAL DIVIDE!

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Out of the two possible outcomes, neither of them happened. Dandy ducked down and raised his left foreleg, which absorbed the blow. He then drew a hidden dagger from behind his right foreleg, and shot his hoof and blade towards Mirrow's exposed belly.
(Dandy is not aiming for a killing blow.)

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Mirrow the Boobrie: Huh, stronger than you look-urk. (gets stabbed) And hiding hidden weaponry, very classic. Though I am curious how pacifists got hold of such a weapon. (keeps the dagger in his belly, undeterred despite the shooting pain he is currently feeling in his ribs) Unfortunately for you, Tundra Wolves are made of sturdy stuff, given I can replicate the physical traits of certain predators and prey alike....but I can't produce their 'magical' capabilities like a Tundra Wolf's power to deep-freeze prey and shatter them. Now then...(suddenly spins around to launch a flurry of stinging whip-like slashes with his rather heavy tail upon Dandy, capable of cutting skin upon contact) Winter's Wrath!

Last edited:

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Mirrow's attack was too rapid for Dandy to dodge or parry. While some hits were strangely ineffective, he was still left quivering slightly after the attack.
"You...*huff*... flatter me." Dandy straightens up and takes a breath, paying close attention to his adversary. "My tools are all homemade. And partially homegrown." He swipes his left foreleg, sending an identical dagger towards Mirrow.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Mirrow the Boobrie: (catches the knife with his jaw, which clamps down tightly to snap the blade in twain causing him to wince due to the cut to his tongue) Tch...that smarts! I'll kick it up a few notches then, just to see if you have inherited the ultimate defensive technique that all sheep have. (turns around and begins to rapidly dig into the soil, displacing a massive portion of it into a large soil tidal wave filled with razor-sharp rocks and plant roots to drop down upon Dandy) ICEBURG AVALANCHE!

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Dandy is buried under a layer of earth. After a few moments, he reemerges from the ground, dirty and panting.
"You and your boss should stop acting like they know everything. Now, I hope you don't mind if I call for backup." He stomped his hoof twice, and two dogs, one brown and a bit bigger than Dandy, one white and slightly smaller, arrived on the battlefield.
"Trust me," he said, "this will be far more interesting."

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Mirrow: Know everything? Hehehe....we are whose who live in the past, you are the ones collected in the present, looking for ways to keep the peace in the future. Never had much for peace either way, nor do I know everything about this era, but I follow him simply because I fear him, as well as the Devourer. (drools at the dogs that appears) Oh....appetizers! WILD CALL! (Expands his lungs to full before letting out a shrill scream of ear-splitting high-level sound that only dogs can hear)

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
All dogs on the field are stunned by the scream. But guess who else is a dog? ;)
While Mirrow is dazed, Dandy runs up to him and drop kicks him with two more hidden daggers behind his hind legs, toppling him to the ground, and stomps his face. The two dogs then snap out of their stupor, and pin him down. While they do that, Dandy pulls his knife out of Mirrow's belly, reequips it, and holds it to his neck.
"I win."

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Mirrow: Huh....so you have. (his skin peels back inward as his bones and muscles shift, constantly shifting and mutating until he is back in his penguin form) A bit short for my tastes, but at least I now know all sheep seem to be carrying knives. Not to mention I prefer not to change into a more practical forms when you have the knife so close to my neck. I'll just write this up in my report then for future reference. (waddles away)

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
With the fight over, Dandy turned to his dogs. "Are you girls okay? He didn't hurt you too much, right?" They seemed to respond to his voice, so he assumed their hearing wasn't damaged.
"*Sigh,* you girls did great. Now, stay; I have something I need to do."

Mirrow had walked a fair distance before being confronted by Dandy once again, this time carrying a medical kit in his mouth.
"Hey," he said, "there's no way I'm letting you walk home with an open wound. Let me patch you up."

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Mirrow: (stays completely still and silent, before unpeeling himself like a banana, revealing a empty shell)

(Mirrow flaps down nearby, taken the form of a woodland owl, the wound apparently sealed up)

Mirrow: Patch me up? Nah, I'm good. Just had to shed my skin to heal, though it hurts like heck in-between removing the daggers and molting the dead skin. But thanks anyways.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
Fleece knew the moment he stepped out from behind the curtain that the sheeple were nervous. They weren't the bravest bunch at the best of times, but this was something else altogether. Fleece had been in charge of the Pom Patrol long enough to know when they were just being their regular skittish selves and when something was troubling them. But as he approached the lectern, he couldn't for the life of him figure out what. Their discomfort made Fleece uncomfortable himself. Still, he forced a sheepish grin, glanced briefly at his bulleted list of talking points and proceeded anyway. Perhaps he was just imagining things.

"Greetings, once again, my beloved Pom Patrol!" He announced. A few sheeple looking idly around the room jolted to attention.

"I cannot express how good it is to be back, and out of the hooves of those dam- uh, gosh-darned Hunters! Now, we have a lot to get through, so i would appreciate your full attention." The sheep of the Pom Patrol were still dead silent, none of them moving an inch. That is except for Dandy, who was standing to the Prime Minister's right, and a few faces that Fleece didn't recognize at the far back. Fleece smiled at them, and they smiled back with a warmness he had yet to see from any sheep other than Dandy since he returned.

"I see a few new faces in the audience... I think... we all kinda look the same. But in any case, welcome to the new members of the Pom Patrol who joined during my absence! I can't wait to get to know you all." Fleece could feel himself getting back into the swing of things. The road to recovery was tough so far, and he still had a long way to go, but at the very least his breathing was back to normal and all of his bones were back where they belonged. He was even expected to recover without any noticeable scarring! Well, except for...

Realization dawned on the young sheep's face as he figured out why the crowd was so nervous. It was The Mark. The Hunters' attempt at controlling Fleece's mind had failed, but the dark black mark remained on his forehead. Even towards the end of the rescue operation, when the Hunters were purged of their madness, whatever force was removing the mark simply chose to skip over him. Now the mark remained, burnt all the way down to his skin, and no amount of washing or shaving would remove it. You can't cure a symptom of madness if the madness was never there to begin with.

"N-now I know some of you may be a little... distraught... over the fact that your leader now bares the mark of the Hunter..." Fleece explained, pulling his bandanna down to cover as much of the mark as he could. "It probably doesn't help that very few ungulates in fœnum bare this mark any longer, after the events of my rescue. But I can assure you, I am the same old Prime Minister I have always been!" Fleece pumped his hoof in an attempt to inject some energy into the crowd. It didn't work.

"...Uh, anyway, to celebrate my return, Dandy and I are looking into finally getting the inter-faction gala and baking contest underway! It's been a long time coming. A big round of applause to Dandy, by the way, for taking over for me while-" The fluffy white crowd suddenly burst to life, stomping their hooves enthusiastically at the mention of Dandy's leadership. Dandy seemed a little caught off guard by the sudden response, and bowed his head modestly. The applause went on for quite some time, until eventually Dandy gestured for the crowd to be silent and return their attention to Fleece.

"...For taking over for me while I was away." Fleece studied the crowd. "But I'm back now! And I'm here to stay." Out of the corner of his eye, he saw it. For a split second, amid all the other stone faced ovine, he caught a hint of disappointment appear on the face of a ram in the audience. There was no mistaking it. For the first time in his life, Fleece felt a little betrayed by his faction. After all he had been through, all he had survived, his people were disappointed that he was back in charge because of a tiny burn on his forehead? Fleece could feel his face turning red, and his vision became a little blurry.

"Uh, Prime Minister, Sir?" Dandy's words caused Fleece to snap back to reality. The Prime Minister had paused for longer than he realized. He released a shaky breath, turned to his assistant, and forced another tiny smile.

"Dandy," he said, stepping away from the lectern. "Why don't you say a few words?"

"Oh. Um, alright." Dandy took Fleece's place in front of the crowd and began delivering an impromptu address. While he was speaking, Fleece slipped unseen back behind the curtain, and then out the back of the building. He had no intention of going back inside. It was an immature, lamb-like thing to do and Fleece knew it, but he suddenly wasn't in the mood for delivering speeches. He had left the bulleted list on the lectern so Dandy could pick up where he left off. But right now, he just needed some time to think things over at home. His big, empty, puppiless home.

"Sheep aren't known for their courage, or their quick wit..." Fleece thought. "But these are followers of Pom we're talking about. They're smart. They're trusting. And I trust them too. They just need to get used to the mark and then everything will go back to how it was before, right?"

"...right?"

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Some time later, Fleece heard a door opening and someone walking into his house. Shortly after, Dandy appeared.

"Hey, Fleece. I came to check up on you after I finished up your speech back there. Now, want to discuss your problems with me?"

Last edited:

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
Some time later, Fleece heard a door opening and someone walking into his house. Shortly after, Dandy appeared.
"Hey, Fleece. I came to check up on you after I finished up your speech back there. Now, want to discuss your problems with me?"
Fleece raises his head from the couch he was sleeping on. He pulls himself up into a more Prime Minister-y sitting position.

"Oh, hey Dandy... Sorry about ditching you back there, I just..." Fleece tried to think of a way of justifying his behavior, but his mind came up blank.

"Just... sorry." He invites Dandy to sit next to him.

"I guess I just feel a little... discouraged? I mean, perhaps it was wrong of me to expect much fanfare on my return, but most of the Pom Patrol seem like they're... afraid of me. Of the mark. Is it just in my head?"