[FactionRP] Proud Nation of Velvetia [Velvet]

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Fluffy's response to Feanor complementing her

Oh, thanks, I do like it a lot of room to store my Knifes and all.

Upon Feanor expressing her concern for her Faction's acceptance Fluffy goes up and hugs her and her voice sounds less demented and more like a normal reindeer

Well I appreciate it and you know, your the first friend, after I was bond to Zack, that I feel I can act this way around, so if it means anything thanks.

Fluffy breaks the hug and goes back to her crazed self.

Your right we wasted enough time, see you at the gala Fea.

Fluffy opens a portal on the floor and jumps in leaving it open for Feanor.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Feanor returns the hug, patting her back a bit hesitantly, caught off guard. Fluffy does not seem to notice Fea stiffen in her embrace when Fluffy tells her feelings.

When Fluffy breaks the hug, Feanor doesn't move, seeming frozen in place.

"I'll be right along..." she says distantly as Fluffy disappears into the portal.

She stands there for a long time after Fluffy is gone, staring after her.

"Dangerous thing, conscience." comes a voice from the door. "A lot like a weed. Let it take root, and it will spread, sure as winter. Soon enough you're up to your withers and your carefully laid garden in ruins. Better to stamp it out before it starts."

Feanor continues gazing at the portal, completely unsurprised by the voice. "Sten. How long have you been here?"

Her bodyguard detaches himself from the shadows by the door to approach. "Long enough."

She turns to face him. "You never told me you were a poet."

His expression does not shift. "I'm not. I'm a killer."

"Mmm. Don't go spreading that at the gala--"

"Just like her." he continues.

Feanor pauses, eyeing him thoughtfully. "Is that all you are, though?"

He stares at her blankly.

She rolls her eyes. "Oh forget it! Where is Cog?"

"Already there, I imagine. He left before your... incident."

"Clever little sprite. I suppose we ought to go and find him before he causes any trouble..."

She steps back, striking a pose. "Ahem."

Sten blinks.

"What, did you bite that poetic tongue of yours?" Feanor looks annoyed. "Oh, you look simply ravishing today, Feanor!" she does a spin. "Your eyes are like emerald stars above a winter sunrise!"

"My lady?"

" 'My lady' what?!" She stomps her front hooves almost petulantly. "Say it."

"You look... lovely, my lady?"

She smiles an innocent maiden's smile. "Kind of you to say so Sten." Then, in an undertone. "That was dreadful. Try again."

Sten actually frowns a little, but shrugs. "You will put all the flowers of the Meadow to shame, my lady."

"Damned right about that!" Feanor smiles though. "Better."

She offers a hoof expectantly. "I have to practice being charming for the admirers tonight." she explains as he takes it. "Spending so much time around you and Cog, I'm afraid I'm losing the habit!"

"There may be more than admirers about." Sten says. "With so many important targets exposed..."

"That is for you to worry about. I for one will be heading straight for the refreshments, I am positively parched."

Sten eyes her for a moment, and she catches the look before he can turn away.

"What?" she hisses, suddenly angry.

Sten shrugs. "Your business. As long as you are paying for my contract, I am your servant in all things."

"And don't ever forget it!" she hisses. Then she puts back on her pleasant smile. "Shall we?"

They step forward into the portal together...

Reactions: BypenThynDragon

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
"And don't ever forget it!" she hisses. Then she puts back on her pleasant smile. "Shall we?"

They step forward into the portal together...
OOC: Which if we look over at the Pom Patrol's page, is at least higher off the ground than the back of a full sized mechanical bear.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
DOOM. DOOM. DOOM.

Feanor is suffocating.

Her heart pounds panic through her veins as she claws at the dirt and stone that bear dowh on her, crushing, crushing, crushing...

DOOM. DOOM. DOOM.

Her head pulses pain with each thundering sound. Is that her own heartbeat, or the sounds of more collapsing stone?

She kicks desperately, trying to hold open the last tiny window to the world. The slim reindeer figure stares at her struggles, unmoving.

Feanor reaches out her hooves. "Fluffy, please!"

The figure backs away slowly, shaking her head.

"Don't leave me here!"

The figure turns her back, fading into the shadows of the exit.

Feanor doesn't have the air to scream. As the dirt and rock fall to seal away light and life forever, she catches a last glimpse of the figure - casting a final look over her shoulder. Not Fluffy's face, but her own...

DOOM. DOOM. DOOM

Feanor jolts awake at the heavy knock on her door, almost gagging at the pain that lances through her skull in response. She tumbles from her tangled sheets with an undignified thump.

"Feanor? Are you in there?"

DOOM. DOOM. DOOM.

She cringes as the sound pounds at her ear drums again.

"Yes. Yes for prophet's sake! Now stop that infernal knocking, I'm coming!"

She takes a moment to gather herself, then climbs to her hooves. Her stomach burns and she feels like she is going to be sick... She steadies herself and stumbles to the mirror. She gasps aloud at the disheveled, baggy-and-bloodshot eyed doe that looks back at her.

"Feanor?"

"A moment!" she hisses, combing at her floof fruitlessly. She yanks the curtains aside for more light, and immediately regrets it as bright sunlight pours through, sending fresh spikes into her head. Tears sting her eyes and she sits back heavily, shielding her face.

Afternoon? How long had she slept? And why did her head feel like it was about to explode? Surely she hadn't drunk that much...

"Are you alright in there?"

There was the glass (ok, two) she had before bed, but only because the doctor advised it! There was the bottle with Fleece, then a round at the Baah... or was it three? Four? Suddenly she feels she is going to be very sick. Very soon. Ridiculous! She is the ruler of Velvetia, she does not 'get sick'!

"Ma'am?"

"Just... A moment I said! Can't it wait?" Fea gasps."I am indi- indisp- Just go away!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry, ma'am! Ofcourse Ma'am! It's just... your meeting. The others are waiting..."

The meeting! She lurches back to her hooves at the realization. Afternoon... The meeting was scheduled for this morning! She has only a moment to comprehend that before her stomach lurches and she realizes that she is, after all, going to be sick.

---------------------------------------

OOC: Eyyyy all, feels good to be back here! This is lead up to another scene. Kinda lame but all I had time for and wanted to post something today

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
A nervous looking Reindeer approaches the door to Fluffy's quarters, then knocks hesitantly.

"Fluffy? Are you in there?"

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
"Yes I am, you can come in if you want to"

Fluffy is standing there with a brush, her room almost as messy as her floof from last night, a red stain on it unsure if it is blood or punch, blood stain still on the ground as Zack just watches

Zack "If you need help I could always use my magic, your floof's a mess"

Fluffy: "No Zack I am fine" as Fluffy struggles to comb her floof without using magic a few knifes fall out and it seems to look worse then before

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
"Oh, I'm s-sorry to intrude. I'm Vesla, filling in as Feanor's assistant while Cog is away. She asked me to summon you to the audience hall right away."

She looks like she wants to run away. "There's a meeting, she says it's very important you be there.She asked me to tell you to be presentable and..." She swallows, eyes dropping to the red stain on Fluffy's fur with wide eyes. "Uh, not to kill anyone today." She gives a shaky chuckle.

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Fluffy: "Oh that's all ok let me just grab these and lets go" Fluffy grabs the knifes that fell and begins sticking them into her fluff as she walks while Zack levitates the comb up and makes her look somewhat presentable, also levitating her into the air and putting on the dress from the Gala, clean of any stains.

Fluffy bursts into the meeting "HEY FEA YOU SAID YOU WANTED ME FOR SOMETHING?"

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
"...for the last time, Goldern I was not late, you were all simply early...!"

Feanor cuts off from her argument with the gathered importants of Velvetia as Fluffy bursts in. Her tired eyes brighten even as those of many of the gathered council darken.

"Ahh, Fluffy, right on time! I'm glad someone is on my schedule, atleast! Come!"

Vesla whispers rapidly in Fluffy's ear as she enters, gesturing at the figures seated in the hall.

"That is Goldern, head of the Golden Oats guild. She is popular with the farmers and common folk. She's not a friend. The fat one is Roland, he is Shipmaster. He, uh..." she gives an apologetic wince, "Doesn't like you either. That is Svendren, he is head of the Herd Martial, and the local peacekeeping forces. That one there is Elyndra, she is lady of coin and commerce. Careful, she's a snake!"

Vesla fades into the background to stand somewhere behind Fea as they reach the table.

Feanor greets Fluffy as the others grumble.

"Have a seat! I trust you made it here without, ahh, incident?" Fea gives her a look.

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
"Well unless you count the, never mind"

Fluffy leans in to Feanor "Hey I'm pretty sure Elyndra is a deer not a snake"

Fluffy seeing everyone eyeing her turns to Goldern "Why the long face, you look like you've seen a predator"

Zack just looks over the table menacingly

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Fea bites back a smile at Fluffy's remarks, managing to give her an unconvincing squint of disapproval instead. "Duly noted."

Goldern is not amused. "No. I think I've seen something worse," She turns her scowl to Fea. "Feanor, what is the meaning of all this? First this distasteful delay, and now you bring that creature here? With all respect, what in Foenum are you thinking?"

There is a murmur of agreement from the council and their aides present.

Feanor looks briefly surprised by Goldern's bluntness, then she raises a brow. "That 'creature' is your ally, Goldern, and a fellow Velvetian--"

"Hah!" Roland scoffs. "Yes, yes, and everything is sunshine and rainbows now. Because a piece of paper says so, yes?"

"And what says you are the master of Ships?" Feanor asks.

Elyndra smiles sweetly at Roland from across the table. "A piece of paper."

The fat reindeer's cheeks redden as he splutters. "That is hardly the point--!"

"It is the point, Roland." Sven says in his calm manner. "Who do you think signed that paper?" He gives a small nod at Feanor. "Authority is authority. We agree to abide it, or else there is chaos."

"But where does blind obedience lead? You need look no farther than the thing called Ziege." Elyndra says mildly.

"Andriy signed my paper." Goldern says coolly. She looks at Feanor earnestly. "For the sake of the trust he put in you, I am trying to understand. So please, help me understand! Why should we accept this pact-bound aberration that you yourself condemned not long ago!"

"That was before the battle against the Hunters." Feanor shoots back. "She has done more against them than all of you combined! Have you forgotten so quickly now that the threat is past? I owe her my life! You owe her--!"

"She stole from us! She murdered my own farmers! Just what do I owe her, exactly?" Goldern hisses.

"Perhaps," Svendren intercedes, "We should let the doe speak for herself." He gives a slight bow in Fluffy's direction.

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
"Oh umm well I kind of dazed off but I can tell you don't like me, and that's fine because I don't like you either, your all very loud”

Zack buts in “What Fluffy ment to say is you owe her for all of her hardships, its the upperclass like you who disided to set the social standings that lead to her hardships. Then when she helped fight in a battle, you sat asside why your leader risked her life in, for your freedom from the preditors you harase her. Sure Fluffy is far from perfect but you owe her some respect.”

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
There is silence for a moment in the aftermath, then the entire table erupts.

"Outrageous! This is--!"

"Oh, calm down Roland, you're spitting..."

"I shall NOT! She insults us, Elyndra!--"

"She has a point. The social hierarchy of Rein--" Sven starts.

"And now is the time to overthrow centuries of tradition?!"

"ENOUGH!" Goldern slams a hoof down on the table. She lets the silence sit for a moment, then turns to Feanor. "This is what you have brought to us. Whatever she has or has not done for us in the past, right now she divides us! She makes us weak, in a time when we can least afford it!"

A murmur of agreement crosses the table. Even Svendren nods. They turn expectantly to Feanor.

Fea holds Goldern's stare for a long moment, then she turns to Fluffy.

"You are right, Goldern. We cannot afford weakness. Now less than ever." She pushes a piece of paper from the edge of the table toward the center.

"What is this?" Goldern asks suspiciously, before picking it up. She reads the brief message, and her features pale. She passes it to Sven whose only reaction is a pained wince. Elyndra reads it in silence then drops it in disgust, letting her assistant pass it to Roland.

"Great Prophet!" he groans, "Ziege escaped? Miner... dead?"

"The council without a leader..." Svendren mutters. "This could be chaos!"

"And here Velvetia sits without an Ambassadeer." Feanor lets that hang in the silence.

"It is critical that we appoint one immediately." Elyndra says. She narrows her eyes at Feanor. "You know the only choice."

Roland gapes at her, then scoffs laughter. "You?! A doe with no knowledge of war? I'd sooner appoint my grandmother!"

"Better than a reckless oaf." Goldern mutters, then, as argument starts to swell again, she adds quickly. "But Sven is the only logical choice!"

Sven only stares at Feanor thoughtfully. "I think," he says, "That she has another in mind."

At this, the noise dies to a confused mutter. Feanor smiles, and turns to Fluffy. Gasps and outraged whispering break out.

Goldern surges up from her seat. "Tell me you are not suggesting what I think! Have you lost your mind, Feanor?!"

"Perhaps she has." Elyndra says. "Daemons have the power to influence--"

"Tell me," Feanor asks, cutting her off. "What do you see when you look at her?"

"A traitor!" Roland spits.

"An enemy." Elyndra says.

"Our downfall." says Goldern.

Feanor nods, walking to stand beside her friend. "I once saw the same thing. Now I see a capable and dependable ally." She look at Fluffy, "One I would trust my life to."

She looks back at the others, and despite obvious effort, her weary aggravation and sickness are starting to show.

"You see what you see because of your fear. You don't understand her, and we always fear what we don't understand."

"And you do?" Svendren ventures after a moment.

Feanor sighs wearily. "I'd be lying to say yes. But I understand enough. I understand that she is a deadly enemy to have. I understand that she was willing to put her life on the line for our cause when no one else would. I understand that she saved me when she could far easier have left me to die."

"How touching." Elyndra says into the silence. "So you strike a deal with the leader of the Darkside without so much as consulting us?"

"What of the loyal of Velvetia who have served from the beginning?" Roland demands.

"And how many of you volunteered to be Ziege's captives when the time came? How many of you have so much as crossed hooves with a hunter, let alone killed one?" She looks at Goldern. "You said we cannot afford weakness. Fluffy has done that and more, she has worked with the UFC in battles when we sat home and sipped tea. Now Zeel is loose, Miner is dead, and we hold no voice on the council." She softens her tone, "You are all capable or you would not be sitting here, but we need the voice of someone the Council will respect."

"Her reputation is... formidable." Sven says with a troubled frown.

"So she is useful." Elyndra says, "And what happened to 'No Compromise'? Your own words, if I'm not mistaken. Do we now stoop to using whatever deranged weapon falls into our hooves?"

"Careful, Elyndra--"

"Or did you plan this all along? I wonder, what other deals did you strike with Zeel?"

A long moment of cold silence as they match gazes. "Perhaps you forget, sister, that you serve only at my pleasure."

Elyndra stares back for another moment before finally sniffing, and standing from her seat to walk out.

"Come right back here, Elyndra!" Roland shouts after her. "We have to reach a decision!"

Goldern stands, scowling. "Forget it, Roland. Feanor has already made her decision. We are wasting time here..."

"But... but...!!" Roland looks around the room.

"Just know that as long as she is here, I won't be serving."

"Very well, you are stripped of your title and position. You can see yourself out."

Goldern looks at Feanor with a mixture of anger and sadness. She seems about to say something more, then walks out. Roland just gapes after her.

Sven frowns down at the table. "My lady, are you sure that was wise? She has served long and loyally, she is well loved by the farmers. Perhaps if you talk to her--"

"This is not a DISCUSSION!" Feanor interrupts, slamming her hooves on the table. "Fluffy is our new Ambassadeer, if she will take the post. Now OUT! All of you OUT!"

"Outrageous! I will not stand for it!" Roland shoves himself to his hooves and marches out the door, still spluttering.

Svendren just nods slowly then gets up and walks out with dignity.

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
"Well Fea to be honest that was kind of stupid, I mean a lot of people hate me, I may not no politics but why me?"

Zack "Yes I do agree here why her, while some of the council may like her, most do not, most of your people see her as worst then a predator so why would you chance rebellion for this?"

Reactions: Feanor

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Feanor looks even more tired now that the others are gone. She doesn't make eye contact, instead picking up the letter and other documents from the table.

"Some may not like Fluffy, but they will respect her. Fear her, at the very least. Can we say the same for that oaf Roland? Forget Goldern, she is a glorified farmer. Elyndra? Well my sister is capable but I would as soon put a Hunter on the council..."

She pauses, seeing Vesla still standing quietly to the back.

"What did I say? Out! That means you too!" She pushes the papers to Vesla who stumbles out with an apology.

Feanor sighs. "Don't ever tell Cog I said this, but I actually miss that fool sprite ."

She turns back to Zack, massaging her aching temple with a hoof. "Look, I understand your concern, but I have been dealing with these fools forever. Roland will huff and puff but a bit of well placed flattery and favor is all he requires. Sven is loyal to a fault. Goldern has no authority to stand on any more. It will all turn out, I assure you. If it draws out a few snakes in the process? All the better."

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Zack: "Well if you say so, hopefully things get better before they get worse. I can think of a thousand ways this can go wrong but your the boss I guess."

Fluffy: "Relax Zack Fea said she knows what she's doing so we'll be fine."

Zack: "I know but I just can't help but feel..."

Fluffy: cutting Zack off "I said relax, besides if worse comes to worse its nothing we can handle."

Zack: sighs "I suppose you're right" He then turns to Fea staring strait into her eyes, complete seriousness as Zack's pupil-less eyes stare back, "I will let you know that this will still not be taken likely, if Fluffy's life is put at risk I will retaliate with the necessary force, and the results may not be to your liking."

For emphasis Zack looks at a nearby potted plant, as it freezes and then shatters into a million pieces.

Fluffy: "Oh stop being dramatic, like Fea said, it will be fine" Although Fluffy seems relaxed, Zack doesn't waver looking back at Feanor intensely.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Feanor nods seriously at Zack. "I would expect nothing less. It is regrettable that Fluffy be the target, but the fact is this is drawing out our enemies." She shakes her head. "More than I imagined. Treason! In my own home!"

She narrows her eyes, jaw clenching. "We've stirred the nest, now we only have to wait to see who rises to bite."

She looks back at Fluffy. "In the mean time, there is work to be done. The council needs our immediate attention. If I know Ziege at all, he has something planned, and the longer we give him the worse our chances."

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Fluffy: "So quick question, who is Ziege again?"

Zack: sigh "I'll explain it to you later Fluffy" Zack turns back to Feanor, "Yes it would probably be a good idea to go back to the council and plan a cores of action"

Zack opens a portal to the council "after you" giving a slight bow.