[FactionRP] Proud Nation of Velvetia [Velvet]

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Greetings, Velvetia, the United Foenum Council sees you, and recognizes you.
As do all! It has - in fact - been brought to my attention that the Smug glory of our Overdeer is recognized even within the dismal confines of the Hold. I shudder to think what interest such creatures might have in our deer Queen, but it only goes to show that her influence is truly world-spanning... and beyond!

While no invitation to a council seat has been offered, we are confident that such a glaring oversight could only be due to the awe engendered by our glorious Overdeer. No, no, it is quite alright. Our Great Nation is understanding of the awe often created by the presence of such greatness, and take no insult. With luck, you shall recover soon enough to speak with our leader, if he so chooses. Until then, stay warm darling!

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
I would like to join!
Magnifique! Alas, I am only the lowly second-in-command, and cannot add you myself. Fear not though, no doubt our fabulous leader Laurel shall have you sorted out straight away once he checks back here. In the mean-time make yourself at home in our Great Nation!

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
goldenbird15
As Feanor pointed out, I am the only one who should value your entry in this beautiful nation... and since I'm very benevolent with my own kin, you are welcome to Velvetia, darling
Let the snow embraces you as those from the other factions doesn't understand the beauty of the winter.

DungeonMiner
Sorry for being so late. It seems I tend to forgot these threads with so many forums and social networks to check... and I also have a bad case of acid reflux today [OT: that's true. My stomach hurts >.<] so I'm not in the mood to speak properly as promised. All I can say is: I'll choose Feanor to be the representative of Velvetia.
He/She is more skilled in diplomatics than I am. Since he/she saved Velvetia from possible diplomatic incidents caused by my temper, I'll let him/her being the one who should represent the true spirit of our nation.

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Its the story of how the fabulous Ice deer (me :p) rose to the top and ruled the entire ungulate nations!
Fair enough! I'll be Joe the Ice sprite. he's a nasty fellow though, so beware.

You freakin' deers! Always making us do your hard work, lazy slobs!

(blue text represents him)

Laurel Crown

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Oh my Joe, calm down my sweetie.
We are just relaxing before the great war will begin and, when all ends, our deery queen will rise above the ranks of the Foenum Fighting Community.
But since I'm a VEEERY generous reindeer, I'll let you join the ranks in our team if you work hard enough.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Fair enough! I'll be Joe the Ice sprite. he's a nasty fellow though, so beware.

You freakin' deers! Always making us do your hard work, lazy slobs!

(blue text represents him)
Eyy! Keep scrubbing! You call that shine?!

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Oh my Joe, calm down my sweetie.
We are just relaxing before the great war will begin and, when all ends, our deery queen will rise above the ranks of the Foenum Fighting Community.
But since I'm a VEEERY generous reindeer, I'll let you join the ranks in our team if you work hard enough.
Well....I do like that sound of-
Eyy! Keep scrubbing! You call that shine?!
Oh screw you deer! You mangy pampered freaks! You deer are all alike. Lazy and selfish :mad:

Laurel Crown

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
As Feanor said: cookies are a lie.

Why would you go below as to accept something simple and tacky as cookies? We have croissants, danish pastries, the finest zabaione... cookies are nothing more than dog food compared to the delicious cuisine we have.
I know you feel discriminated and you want to join against our enemies because you are nothing more than a servant to us but eating the same stuff as we do doesn't make the effort worthy? You are a step below, that can't be denied, but I don't recall treating you like garbage.

Reactions: Feanor

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Shhh. There, there Velvet, you are still beautiful without your-- *sniff* --your glorious floof!

*Looks up slowly* There will be hell to pay.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Shhh. There, there Velvet, you are still beautiful without your-- *sniff* --your glorious floof!

*Looks up slowly* There will be hell to pay.
Wowie, this is shaping up to be even better than the bake off between the Dark side and the Empire!

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wowie, this is shaping up to be even better than the bake off between the Dark side and the Empire!
OF WHICH WE SHALL PREVAIL!

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to intrude on your realm, Velveetans. Just couldn't let a challenge go uncontested. Got the better of me. Please excuse me.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
We wish you luck in this, though Velvetia finds the whole a business a bit...beneath us. Still, any victory against the Dark Side is a victory we approve, so you have Her support.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An honor, Grand Ambassadeer. We of the longma know much of duality, and respect your skills with the cold to be equal with our of heat. Perhaps in time common ground may even be reached with those of the Dark Side. Perhaps. But a challenge such as this cannot be ignored. They shall come to know the wrath of our ovens, the might of our pastries, and the skill of our bakers. Your support shall not be in vain.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
We wish you luck in this, though Velvetia finds the whole a business a bit...beneath us. Still, any victory against the Dark Side is a victory we approve, so you have Her support.
Oddly we agree for once, this business is also beneath me. What they are doing appears to be preparing food, but where is the honor in preparing food without the HUNT!? The game... The sport... Is what I'd support, but glorified cooking? I have little idea on what form of importance this would be. Maybe it's just an ungulate thing...

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Oddly we agree for once, this business is also beneath me. What they are doing appears to be preparing food, but where is the honor in preparing food without the HUNT!? The game... The sport... Is what I'd support, but glorified cooking? I have little idea on what form of importance this would be. Maybe it's just an ungulate thing...
Be that as it may sir Hunter, a challenge cannot be ignored. I prefer the trials of combat to those of cuisine but the honor of the guardians of Huoshan will not ignore a challenge, even one as simple as baking.

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
Well I tried to hunt grass once when I was young but that wasn't very exciting... Surprisingly most plant don't offer much challenge in that regard. So yeah, cooking is probably the closest we have. The perfect flavour is more elusive than any of the ingredients in the meal.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Such a proud and elegant species.

Your grace and beauty are such lovely things to behold.

Which why it will be all the more lovely to crush it.

Your pride fills you. It weakens you. And when the day comes for the door to be SMASHED open, it will be you and your pretty little faces that will be forever marred.

The masters look forward to the look on your fair faces when they so easily crush your paltry magics, and your precious pride...

Can we join? I know simply the best recipe for venison.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
OOC: OC, I just have to ask. What race is your character? I can't help but picture it is your avatar, but I am truly not certain.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
OOC: OC, I just have to ask. What race is your character? I can't help but picture it is your avatar, but I am truly not certain.
OOC: Well, that's a bit of a secret at the moment ;) . That said, that's part of why I haven't changed my avatar from the little gremlin that it is (at the time of saying this) because the idea of something like that saying all of the things I'm saying simply makes me giggle.

EDIT: To clarify, gremlin pic is not my character's race.

Last edited:

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Be that as it may sir Hunter, a challenge cannot be ignored. I prefer the trials of combat to those of cuisine but the honor of the guardians of Huoshan will not ignore a challenge, even one as simple as baking.
I'm sorry, I seem to recall this challenge coming from the Empire, not the other way around.
Well I tried to hunt grass once when I was young but that wasn't very exciting... Surprisingly most plant don't offer much challenge in that regard. So yeah, cooking is probably the closest we have. The perfect flavour is more elusive than any of the ingredients in the meal.
I have heard legends of plants that eat those who approach, I prefer the hunt over the kill, but at least that'd be something. I do admit that I overlooked the absence of moving plants though...

Your pride fills you. It weakens you. And when the day comes for the door to be SMASHED open, it will be you and your pretty little faces that will be forever marred.

The masters look forward to the look on your fair faces when they so easily crush your paltry magics, and your precious pride...

Can we join? I know simply the best recipe for venison.
I'd normally shun that kind of talk now, but you are absolutely right about these deerfolk. They too easily let pride and snobbishness get the better of them. I don't hold it over them enough to let you eat them, but I might let you...hmmm... How about let you hunt them down and corner them before I stop you. Sound good?

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I'm sorry, I seem to recall this challenge coming from the Empire, not the other way around.
I have heard legends of plants that eat those who approach, I prefer the hunt over the kill, but at least that'd be something. I do admit that I overlooked the absence of moving plants though...

I'd normally shun that kind of talk now, but you are absolutely right about these deerfolk. They too easily let pride and snobbishness get the better of them. I don't hold it over them enough to let you eat them, but I might let you...hmmm... How about let you hunt them down and corner them before I stop you. Sound good?

It is not me that you will have to stop...

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
You are right..... my apologies, I had not yet returned to the Empire at the time the challenge was issued. I had merely assumed........... th.... this changes nothing. Or, at least little. I know not what compelled my commander to issue this challenge, but my place is to advise, not to lead. I shall have to trust in their direction.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
I don't hold it over them enough to let you eat them, but I might let you...hmmm... How about let you hunt them down and corner them before I stop you. Sound good?
Let? Words are wind, and all the more so from a turn-coat. It is no surprise you mistake Righteousness for pride-- I doubt you would recognize it if it bucked you in the face!

True, true. Yes! All true! *flicks a polished hoof*

And here you were doing so well.... Alas, it seems you cannot maintain sanity - let alone civility - for the space of a conversation! But then, I suppose you ARE the expert on 'marred faces' here, so I shall leave that subject to you.

Should you ever choose to crawl out of that cozy hole you cower in, however, you shall find the Winter is a harsher mistress than you would care for. I only ask that you be a dear, and clean up the trail of your dead which you leave scattered across The Tundra on your way out. You see, call it a weakness, but we Deerfolk DO hate to dirty our hooves needlessly.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Let? Words are wind, and all the more so from a turn-coat. It is no surprise you mistake Righteousness for pride-- I doubt you would recognize it if it bucked you in the face!

True, true. Yes! All true! *flicks a polished hoof*

And here you were doing so well.... Alas, it seems you cannot maintain sanity - let alone civility - for the space of a conversation! But then, I suppose you ARE the expert on 'marred faces' here, so I shall leave that subject to you.

Should you ever choose to crawl out of that cozy hole you cower in, however, you shall find the Winter is a harsher mistress than you would care for. I only ask that you be a dear, and clean up the trail of your dead which you leave scattered across The Tundra on your way out. You see, call it a weakness, but we Deerfolk DO hate to dirty our hooves needlessly.
Righteousness? Need I remind you that righteousness is in the claws of the predators who plan to rightfully gut you for what your kind did so many years ago, and the ONLY reason I am on your side is that I wish to create a middle ground the "righteous" have blinded themselves to. I also need to remind you that my forefathers stalked across the frozen wasteland you call home, so don't think the cold will save you when the Wolves and the Lynxes return, or you'll be sorely surprised, and then might not be anything but food afterwards. Prepare a bit better than ice, or you'll regret it.

Laurel Crown

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Righteousness? Need I remind you that righteousness is in the claws of the predators who plan to rightfully gut you for what your kind did so many years ago, and the ONLY reason I am on your side is that I wish to create a middle ground the "righteous" have blinded themselves to. I also need to remind you that my forefathers stalked across the frozen wasteland you call home, so don't think the cold will save you when the Wolves and the Lynxes return, or you'll be sorely surprised, and then might not be anything but food afterwards. Prepare a bit better than ice, or you'll regret it.
The predators have righteousness? Oh please... not even a court joker would make such a statement.
I have to remind you that YOU are the ones who started all. Just because you are at the top of the pyramid, you think we would not counterattack and exile you from these beautiful lands? Pish posh.
Considering this period of crisis, I will not close the door in front of you. Myself and Feanor are open to diplomatics... but do not think this grudge will disappear like a snowflake on the ground.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
The predators have righteousness? Oh please... not even a court joker would make such a statement.
I have to remind you that YOU are the ones who started all. Just because you are at the top of the pyramid, you think we would not counterattack and exile you from these beautiful lands? Pish posh.
Considering this period of crisis, I will not close the door in front of you. Myself and Feanor are open to diplomatics... but do not think this grudge will disappear like a snowflake on the ground.
Started it? You act as if the acts of the predators are even similar to those of the ungulates! To put these into perspective, breaking a toy isn't equivalent to razing a city to the ground! I can't even believe that you think tha... You know what? Nevermind, as long as you're open to peace talks, let's just let the past be the past, okay?

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I have to remind you that YOU are the ones who started all.
Yes. Yes we did.

And we will start it all over again.

Might makes right. And yes, we are on the top. And on the top we will stay.

Terodeness

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Czech Republic
Words cold as ice, hearts even colder,
But the blood it pumps is same, warm and bitter.
You speak of purity and righteousness,
but what about, you know, the kindness?
You are too proud with heads up in the skies.
Not knowing where are you stepping, not wise.
When you will stumble and fall on your face,
you will stand up and witness long forgotten race.

Your expression petrifies like the ice under your hooves,
as the horrors from old legends takes their first moves.
Watch as all your hopes and dreams suddenly shatter.
Go on, send your chosens, but it doesn't matter.
Hooves, horns, magic, even a tainted blood fails,
for they are the predators not fairy tales.
All what is left for you is to shiver in fear,
Because with their arrival true winter is near.

//Sowwy OC, but my alerts ate kind of derpy... But I'm back now, with nukes! xD
EDIT: Oh, and I also need to say, by "tainted blood" I mean Tianhuo. :p

Last edited: