Enemy NPC Ideas?

CrystalBlazier

Spirit of the Plains Backer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
www.youtube.com
Do you think we'll have fightable NPCs of other Foenum races, like Deer and Camels? Or will we just only be fighting against the seven main characters and The Devourer, much like a standard fighting game (which is a small cast)?

We could fight against enemy bandits, rogues, or just other inhabitants of each race that will try and forcefully take the role as Key Keeper. Like Bandit Boars or Antelopes, or rogue Bulls, Buffalo. Or we can fight perhaps other Key Keepers that were chosen by other nations apart from the ones we already know and are familiar with.

With the visual lobbies, maybe the standard enemy NPCs can wander around the area until they see the main character in their area of sight and move towards them to try and engage them, like in RPGs.

Last edited:

Masterweaver

Teller of Tales Bard Of Awesomeness
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Internet
www.fimfiction.net
You have to factor in potential matchups. 6^2=36. 7^2=49, adding goat. 8^2=64, with Devourer. We've seen designs for at least four different known predators, so that's 12^2=144. And that's all assuming 1v1.

The Skullgirls game TFH shares an engine with has... what, fourteen playable characters at the moment? Maybe twenty. To be fair, we don't know how many characters M6 is planning to release with, but at the moment I think what they've got is okay.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Fighting NPC races? Might be fun.

Or even NPCs of the mane 6 races. Granted, I suspect that's what you were talking about, but that would be kinda interesting. Perhaps to see what an 'average' member of that race would look like/fight like.

CrystalBlazier

Spirit of the Plains Backer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
www.youtube.com
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. We could fight against basically every Foenum species that tries to stand in the way of the main seven Key Keepers, maybe.

Lemme edit my opening post for a better understanding there...

Last edited:

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
Considering it's a fighting game, unless the NPCs are unique that allows them to be created with less of proper balancing (like Marie in Skullgirls, or Master/Crazy Hand in Smash), due to balance and design effort required (being a 2D game as opposed to 3D) I think it'd be better off for them to make them playable at that rate.

The wait for 6 + 1 characters is pretty decent already so I'm not expecting too many characters. All realistically speaking of course.

It would be pretty neat to vs. a lot of species and characters 'though of course! (but back to "realistically speaking" we'd probably demand to have them playable if this was ever a thing >w> - )

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Considering it's a fighting game, unless the NPCs are unique that allows them to be created with less of proper balancing (like Marie in Skullgirls, or Master/Crazy Hand in Smash), due to balance and design effort required (being a 2D game as opposed to 3D) I think it'd be better off for them to make them playable at that rate.

The wait for 6 + 1 characters is pretty decent already so I'm not expecting too many characters. All realistically speaking of course.

It would be pretty neat to vs. a lot of species and characters 'though of course! (but back to "realistically speaking" we'd probably demand to have them playable if this was ever a thing >w> - )
What about fighting Wire Frames? Not the actual thing, but the concept? Like, Generic Cow uses Ari's moveset but without magic or something.

Also: I noticed you, but I suspect that I'm not True Senpai

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
What about fighting Wire Frames? Not the actual thing, but the concept? Like, Generic Cow uses Ari's moveset but without magic or something.

Also: I noticed you, but I suspect that I'm not True Senpai
am noticed
While that can easily be a thing, unless you're replacing art assets, (which means that it'd still be troublesome x3; ) it'd still be the original characters, just limited into 'mob enemy' form. I guess that's NPCs but :v?

I guess it's the best ya can get within reason. Maybe throw a hat on Arizona, no one will know!