E3 Trailers/Reviews

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Give E3 is going to be available June 14 to 16, I figured we may as well have a place to discuss what games they will have up, as well as post the trailers/gameplay of what is posted on YouTube and such so we can review each and give our opinion on the games. Anyone interested?

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
It's crazy, E3 always seems to sneak up on me, but here it is coming up shortly. I'll definitely hang around here during E3 and comment on stuff that looks interesting.

Are there any games already announced to be at E3 that you guys are looking forward to seeing? Or are there any games you're hoping get announced? Off the top of my head, I'm interested to see what Halo Wars 2 is going to be like.

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
I don't really pay much attention to E3, unless it's stuff like the Unravel guy or whatever skits Nintendo puts together...or Kirby. Reminds me, I should really buy Planet Robobot when it comes out.

Still, if I catch wind of something interesting from my brother (he follows stuff like this lot more than I do), then I'll probably talk about it if no one else brings it up first. I'll be too busy playing Dragon Quest VII to pay attention.

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
I saw the trailer for Yooka-Laylee. It definetly feels like a modern Banjo-Kazooie. They even took a jab at Nuts & Bolts. :)

Rocketknightgeek

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This years E3 is something I keep hearing is super close and then forgetting about because I don't consider it worth the headspace to think about. What's even going to be there? Nintendo have literally one game, there might be a new Injustice and we're going to see the start of console spec segregation which, on it's own, means that consoles will lose the last real advantage they had as the guarantee that games would work perfectly was a big part of their appeal as a 'main' gaming device.

Wake me up when someone unveils a Splatoon or a Cuphead.

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
wow yooka layee came out 1 week early. And I think that is their e3 trailer ...and it was amazing...definetly a lot better then mighty number 9 trainwreck.

Quid

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This years E3 is something I keep hearing is super close and then forgetting about because I don't consider it worth the headspace to think about. What's even going to be there? Nintendo have literally one game, there might be a new Injustice and we're going to see the start of console spec segregation which, on it's own, means that consoles will lose the last real advantage they had as the guarantee that games would work perfectly was a big part of their appeal as a 'main' gaming device.

Wake me up when someone unveils a Splatoon or a Cuphead.
Nintendo are going to show a few more games in their Treehouse live presentation, but it's probably not going to be very much.

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I didn't really get a chance to watch much of E3 live, but I have seen a handful of trailers and such afterwards. There was some interesting stuff in there, so I'll point out what I thought was cool.

The thing I was most looking forward to was Halo Wars 2, which had a pretty awesome trailer. They also announced the beta was playable right now; although it's incredibly buggy, it was pretty fun from what I've played.

Also from the Microsoft conference were ReCore and We Happy Few, which both looked really cool to me. ReCore looks like an awesome sci-fi/wasteland action game, while We Happy Few felt very Bioshock-esque.

Sony announced a new God of War game, but this time Kratos is stuck in the world of Norse Mythology. It looked a lot different from the older games, being a bit slower and more character driven, but the Spartan's brutality and rage are still as awesome as ever.

They also announced remasters of the original Crash Bandicoot trilogy, which sounds amazing. No trailer, though.

There was some stuff on the new South Park game; I thought the Stick of Truth was great, and this one looks to be just as fun.

Trailer, but it's South Park so NSFW:

Bethesda announced the next batch of DLC for Fallout 4 as well as a Skyrim remaster; nothing too earthshattering, but those are two favorites of mine so I was happy to hear about them.

Fallout 4/Fallout Shelter/Skyrim Special Edition: 2016 #BE3 Showcase Presentation

Battlefield 1 continued to look impressive, really interested in trying that one out.

Battlefield 1 Official Gameplay Trailer

I'm probably forgetting some stuff but this is what I could remember off the top of my head. Solid E3 IMO, some good games in there but nothing that really jumped out at me.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Horizon: Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
God of War
Days Gone

These were the biggest highlights for me.

Last edited:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Battlefield 1 continued to look impressive, really interested in trying that one out.
I'm waiting for it as well, however EA is being EA again, and took out both the french and the russian side from the game. So far only the french were announced as DLC, but we all know what will be the other one.

Bboy9451

Kat
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My own little world
Not to be a Debby Downer but I think that this year's E3 was the most generic one so far.
Mass Effect, the new Zelda game, and The Last Guardian were cool. But other than that there wasn't anything that really innovated or was mind-blowingly impressive like there's been at previous E3's.

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
I was largely disappointed by E3. There were a few cool things, but nothing really grabbed me and said "you are gonna want to play this, get hype and put a preorder in." The thing I'm probably most excited for that they showed a little bit of gameplay of is the new Spider-Man game made by Insomniac.

Marvel is one of my favorite properties, and it's been disappointing to see how they've been handling their Marvel Games division over the past few years. They've been very stingy with licensing out their characters, with most of their releases being in-house developed mobile games. There were a few exceptions, like Marvel Heroes on PC, but for the most part, all of their characters were either reserved for mobile games or added to Disney Infinity. Those games don't really give you the sense of being those characters the way that games like the Capcom fighting games, or the Activision Spider-Man games, or even the Konami X-Men arcade beat-em-up provide. Not only does this game look great on it's own merit, but in an interview at E3 with Jay Ong, Marvel's vice president of games, he said that they were going to selectively work with the best game developers in the business to start making quality games. Not only does the announcement of Spider-Man itself get me excited, but as a promise of things to come, I'm super hype.

I just hope the game isn't locked at 30 FPS. That's a thing Insomniac tends to do.

Reactions: Bboy9451

D96

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I'm waiting for it as well, however EA is being EA again, and took out both the french and the russian side from the game. So far only the french were announced as DLC, but we all know what will be the other one.
Wait, really? I hadn't heard about that, but that's pretty disappointing. There's always a catch when making a deal with the Dev-, uh, I mean EA.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
I pity the people who are skipping on NieR Automata

*note that the boss was probably made invinsible for the demo purposes, the same might go for the attacks being synchronized with the soundtrack.

MGR-esque Platinum action + Yoko Taro madness + Keiichi Okabe soundtrack + Emi Evans vocals

Bboy9451

Kat
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My own little world
I pity the people who are skipping on NieR Automata

*note that the boss was probably made invinsible for the demo purposes, the same might go for the attacks being synchronized with the soundtrack.

MGR-esque Platinum action + Yoko Taro madness + Keiichi Okabe soundtrack + Emi Evans vocals
Honestly i don't think it looks all that good.
Also I'm not a fan of Japanese/anime styled stuff. Which is the main reason I'm not interested in it.