E3 Trailers/Reviews 2017

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Seeing that E3 will be up in 8 days or so, and that SpikeTV is not televising it this year (for whatever reason), I figure we may as well put up a topic to display links to games that impress us this year, as well as thoughts/reviews of the trailers coming out. Hopefully KH3 will be one of them. I'll be editing this topic to post trailers as they come available, but you guys can do so as well. Heck, maybe TFH will be available by the end of the year to be shown in one of their twitch broadcasts.

1.-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-CBOrLnb0&t=0s- Pokken DX as well as Ultra Sun/Moon (sequels so soon?)
2.-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RHdrmZsNs0- The return of Bubsy?

Last edited:

Cera Cyannis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 19, 2017
I wanna see what comes out for Total War: Warhammer II personally.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Bamco just announced another Dragon Ball game for E3.

Me:

And it's made by Arcsys on Xrd artstyle and promises to be 3v3 with the clear intention of getting the game into EVO.

Me: (warning: many colors, such epilepsy, wow)

It's a beautiful thing when a game you didn't even realize you wanted is announced.

So far we have nothing but a press release and the promise of more stuff about it on E3 so I'm keeping an eye on it.

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Why do game company love to announce games days before E3 when they should've just hold on a bit longer and announce it during the event to surprise and hype up the audience?

Nice to see Nintendo returning to the stage this year instead of doing the Treehouse thing.

SomeKindOfTiger

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
Square Enix finally released some new footage for Kingdom Hearts 3- the game I actually bought a PS4 for in the first place lol. Maybe it'll actually come out this year?

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Of the 3 shows these are my personal favorites from each so far:

EA
The Show - Kinda cringe but not bad overall.
The Game - A Way Out - looks interesting and fun to work... out. If Battlefront II showed me some campaign I might be more hype cause the multiplayer didn't sway me.

Microsoft
The Show - VERY impressed with games, not impressed by the Xbox One X.
The Game - Middle Earth - Shadow Of War - Just beat Anthem and Sea of Theves for me personally. Will also get The Last Night and Ori 2. Did I mention how impressed I was with the games, Microsoft?

Bethesda
The Show - Forgetable. Seriously, I've forgotten it.
The Game - Wolfenstein II - The first game was shockingly brilliant, this one looks even better. I love this alternate universe they've created.

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I need a new pair of pants after witnessing the remake of Shadow of the colossus. Just hope they give the same treatment to Ico too since that game seems to be the most underrated out of the series.

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Ubisoft
The Show - Pretty cool. Ubisoft use to be ALL about the cringe but they did alright this year I give it a Shigeru/10
The Game - Beyond Good and Evil 2 - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The absolute MADMEN. They didn't give a release date though so If its not this year then I'm gonna give it to Mario & Rabbits: Kingdom Battle.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Spiderman looked pretty neat I hope that turns out well. Xcom Mario would have been great if weren't for those rabbids. I'm looking forward to Wolfenstein, Monster Hunter World, and shadow of The Colossus.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Ubisoft
The Show - Pretty cool. Ubisoft use to be ALL about the cringe but they did alright this year I give it a Shigeru/10
The Game - Beyond Good and Evil 2 - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The absolute MADMEN. They didn't give a release date though so If its not this year then I'm gonna give it to Mario & Rabbits: Kingdom Battle.
Ubi is such a paradox. They can go from hype to cringe to nice to horrible to innovative to stagnant at the drop of a hat.

Game wise, I'm actually surprised they did EXACTLY what people wanted them to do and separated AC4's naval battle systems into their own game. The stuff shown was slightly too cutscene-mixed to get a good impression. It can either be really good, or it can be... every AC in the last few years. I'm still cautiously interested. Even Nappy asked me how the boarding stuff worked in AC4.

And speaking of things. AC: Origins. I am not as hype as I would've been several years ago, but I'm still cautiously interested. I wonder if the game's slow cook gave them enough time to make the game... decent, at least. I doubt the story decay can ever recover from AC3, but I'm hoping the gameplay can. AC4 was half a miracle throw, because everything else after revelations landed somewhere in a scale whose topmost end was "mediocre", and its lowest "dreadful".

LockeRobster

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
And speaking of things. AC: Origins. I am not as hype as I would've been several years ago, but I'm still cautiously interested. I wonder if the game's slow cook gave them enough time to make the game... decent, at least. I doubt the story decay can ever recover from AC3, but I'm hoping the gameplay can. AC4 was half a miracle throw, because everything else after revelations landed somewhere in a scale whose topmost end was "mediocre", and its lowest "dreadful".
What I didn't like about AC: Origins was they gave no context for anything. The trailer, the demo footage, and the post show footage was all just sandbox mischief making. That may be a good thing for long time AC players (not giving any story spoilers) but for people like me who never got hooked on the earlier games there was nothing really that interested me about that title other than the fact that Ancient Egypt is cool (thanks Stargate). Maybe once I see some story ill be more hype and consider it.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
What I didn't like about AC: Origins was they gave no context for anything. The trailer, the demo footage, and the post show footage was all just sandbox mischief making. That may be a good thing for long time AC players (not giving any story spoilers) but for people like me who never got hooked on the earlier games there was nothing really that interested me about that title other than the fact that Ancient Egypt is cool (thanks Stargate). Maybe once I see some story ill be more hype and consider it.
If you didn't get hooked by the series' overarching story when it was good (relatively speaking), you're not really gonna get hooked after the series jumped a pile of sharks and leap-of-faith'd off the rails; Still, two possibilities. Either they got it back on track and are intending to keep the spoilers contained, or they're still going for last-two-months-of-dev excuse plot, in which case sayin' nothing and de-emphasizing it as much as they can is a save throw. Rumors abound, but specifics are scarce.

As for specific ancestor story... well, it seems to be a classic "ancient-Egypt" story (fun fact: the late period of ancient Egypt ended on 332 BC, some 280 and change years before game takes place. The game happens in Ptolemaic Egypt, but "ancient" sounds cooler to the devs, apparently) with "artistic freedom" on the setting (but let's not poke more holes here); 49BC was Cleopatra's reign, right before her fall from power, failed rebellion, and exile. Right before meeting Caesar too, so presumably, the Cleopatra vs Ptolemy fight will make the social background of the game, mixed with the mysterious "mystery" that's been mentioned in passing in the ancestor's backstory.

I got into the AC games for the setting, I stayed for the story, but after AC3, gotta be honest. If you're comin' in for the story, be it the ancestor's specifics or the game myth arc, you're probably gonna be disappointed. The entire draw of the game is shenanigans in a cool setting.

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Very disappointed thus far. Another crap Assassins game, a sequel to a sh*^#y horror game. Wolfenstein looks awesome though.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
The new Monster Hunter coming to PC, that's interesting. I would prefer a Dragon's Dogma 2 announcement, but I understand MH is way more known and popular.

Dayum. I hadn't heard this. I never finished G.U. on the PS2. I think it bugged out or something, and I wasn't credited with one unlock or other, so I wasn't able to 100% it, and didn't want to move on to the next without that. And it's also coming to PC? That's double awesome.

Would be cool to have a remaster of the original 4 as well. I beat that 100%

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I can't stand the Rabbids, but that Mario+Rabbids game grabbed my interest with its XCOM battles.

Really looking forward to Samus Returns. I enjoyed Return of Samus, but I don't think I could stand to replay it in its original GB form now. I just hope we're not bombarded with "The Baby."

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I can't stand the Rabbids, but that Mario+Rabbids game grabbed my interest with its XCOM battles.

Really looking forward to Samus Returns. I enjoyed Return of Samus, but I don't think I could stand to replay it in its original GB form now. I just hope we're not bombarded with "The Baby."
To be fair, the baby metroids are so adorable.