Dragon Quest

Excited for DQ VII and VIII 3DS!??

• You know it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really know

• I'm not into this series

• I'm too busy hunting for metal slimes to answer!

• Total voters

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
I figured since several other RPGs got their own threads, I'd make one for the Grand Dad of the modern JRPG, and one of the hottest things in Japan game-wise. And since Dragon Quest VII 3DS is launches in the US this month, there's no better time.

This thread is to talk about all things Dragon Quest, or Dragon Warrior for those of you who grew up in the 80s.

I freaking love this series, all of the games that I've played in the series are just a fun time, even if they can be a bit on the grindy side. I've currently completed Dragon Quest IV, IX (My favorite RPG and DS game), and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. I still need to finish Dragon Quest V and VI, and then get Dragon Quest VIII 3DS (or PS2 if I ever get the income for it) and Dragon Quest Heroes on steam (once I get a new computer, that is). I don't particularly have much interest in the Monsters series, though I've heard Monsters: Joker 2 is a truly awesome game.

Plus, gotta love Akira Toriyama's art for these games, especially for the humanoid characters. So much detail and flourish. Like my personal favorite character in the whole series:

Looks like a mage, but she's actually a martial artist, and a damn good one with that insanely high luck stat
Warning: DS audio quality not the best, but I can't find an orchestral version
Warining: You 'ave been warned!

It's awesome that she's in Dragon Quest Heroes, I look forward to playing as her.