Double posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawthornbunny

Fights like a cow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Is it discouraged? Twice now, I've replied to a thread, then added a second reply as an afterthought; both times, a moderator merged the posts together, implying that it's discouraged. But there's nothing in the forum rules about it.

I'm unfamiliar with this particular bit of forum etiquette, but I don't want to create more work for or annoy the moderators, so what's the official line?

Reactions: Gamerdude854

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
I was pretty sure double posting was a No-No here (since it is in the majority of the forums, if you want to add to your previous post, you use the Edit function) but I don't see it in the global rules... I guess it's discouraged but not outright offensive?

EDIT: I guess common forum etiquette is to be expected so they didn't feel the need to add it to the rule list.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Here is the official line: link.

(Also I wanted to make sure post links work the way I expected here.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
I personally consider double-posts and multi-posts to be a form of spam, as it not only artificially raises a forums user's post count, but also makes a thread far more difficult to wade through.

Locking this thread since there's a pretty solid answer, please don't double- or multi-post, it does make it harder on myself and the other mods who wish to keep the forums clean.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.