Doom

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
If there's one game that I've played to this day from my childhood. Its Doom. Easily one of the greatest First Person Shooters ever made. I've been playing Doom well over 15 years and counting. With Doom 4 on the horizon, I've been going back to playing all the games, even getting the BFG Edition for my PC.

So. Any other Doom fans around here?

Reactions: Gamerdude854

hawthornbunny

Fights like a cow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If there's one game that I've played to this day from my childhood. Its Doom. Easily one of the greatest First Person Shooters ever made. I've been playing Doom well over 15 years and counting. With Doom 4 on the horizon, I've been going back to playing all the games, even getting the BFG Edition for my PC.

So. Any other Doom fans around here?
I'm an oddity; I've never played a Doom game (never had a PC for most of the 1990s), but I am a big fan of DoomRL, the Doom roguelike. (Seriously. It's actually a really good game). Most of my Doom knowledge comes from that.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I have recently been playing the first Doom on Steam and I have been enjoying it. I also have ZDoom for Doom mods and stuff, plus I recently just bought Doom 3 on Steam, although I have not tried it yet. I am also hoping to get the new Doom at somepoint.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I am a big fan of doom, still own my original copies from back in the day, I however play it often on Xboxlive arcade too, Doom 64 was my fav 3D doom to date as Doom 3 was kind of dissapointing (Final battle) I do hope this new one is amazing.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
First played this game when I was about 5 or 6. Me and my brothers just recently finished a marathon to finish it and Doom 2 all through on co-op without any deaths.

I'm a fan, but not like my brother - he makes maps and whole 32 building WADs with Doombuilder.

I'm sure I will be in the minority here, but I actually preferred the original Quake. Loved the Lovecraftian vibe and atmosphere, + some of the best buildings in any game I have played!

Reactions: Stridershy

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
First played this game when I was about 5 or 6. Me and my brothers just recently finished a marathon to finish it and Doom 2 all through on co-op without any deaths.

I'm a fan, but not like my brother - he makes maps and whole 32 building WADs with Doombuilder.

I'm sure I will be in the minority here, but I actually preferred the original Quake. Loved the Lovecraftian vibe and atmosphere, + some of the best buildings in any game I have played!
Hey, Quake was great too. Also. Does your bro post his stuff on Doomworld?

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
Back from the day my favs were as follows.

1.-Doom
2.- Doom 2
3.- Quake
4.- Quake 3 Arena
5.- Hexen Enter the Heretic

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
I downloaded it a while back when Brutal Doom v20 got released. Tons of fun.
That's awesome! He made me do all the beta-testing for it :p But your right, it was lots of fun!

Come to think of it, I should remind him that favor though. I'm trying to get him to practice fighting games with me right now, but he won't play anything but Mk10 and that is not good practice for TFH from what I hear.

P.S. Good to talk to someone who appreciates the classics!

Reactions: Stridershy