DigimonStory CyberSleuth

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
I was wondering who has been playing DigimonStory CyberSleuth, I recently picked up the game again and I think the game play is good although the dialogue just keeps going and going. Also if you do play it what Digimon are in your party, I have a Renamon and I'm working on Digivolving a Seadramon into a Plesiomon (because it looks cool). :)

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
The last Digimon game I played was "Digimon World: Dusk". May favorite thing about that game was that I was allowed to start with a Tanemon, and its digivolution line was accurate to the show. Allowing me to play with my favorite Digimon: Lillymon. (been my favorite since the Gen1 show)

Since you have been playing for a bit, tell me, Is it possible to partner with a Lillymon in time?

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
The last Digimon game I played was "Digimon World: Dusk". May favorite thing about that game was that I was allowed to start with a Tanemon, and its digivolution line was accurate to the show. Allowing me to play with my favorite Digimon: Lillymon. (been my favorite since the Gen1 show)

Since you have been playing for a bit, tell me, Is it possible to partner with a Lillymon in time?
Yeah you can start out with a Palmon (like I did) then level it up until you can choose to Digivolve it to Togemon and then Lilymon, although one thing to note is that the Digimon have a leveling up limit and when I first leveled up my Palmon it hit level 15 and you can't Digivolve Palmon to Togemon until it hits level 16 so I had to de-Digivolve it then re-Digivolve which increased its limit it and then get it up to level 16. Although to Digivolve Togemon to Lilymon you need to hit level 30 and my Togemon's level limit is 40, but that said when you Digivolve a Digimon it's level goes back to 1 (although still stronger than it's previous form). You also scan Digimon when you fight/encounter them Which was how I got Renamon, I was able to scan enough Tanemon's to Digiconvert one and then leveled it up enough to Digivolve it into Renamon

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
I had to de-Digivolve it then re-Digivolve which increased its limit it and then get it up to level 16.
Just like in Dusk. Also, am I the only one who was always confused by the evolution chains in the Digimon franchise? Why was it so hard for the games to follow the show for the longest time, but even when they did, they also had so many branching paths into one another? Was it designed that way just to disassociate itself from Pokemon?

Moon Drops

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I miss the Digimon series. If this one turns out to be good, I'll fetch a copy for myself.

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
Just like in Dusk. Also, am I the only one who was always confused by the evolution chains in the Digimon franchise? Why was it so hard for the games to follow the show for the longest time, but even when they did, they also had so many branching paths into one another? Was it designed that way just to disassociate itself from Pokemon?
I can see why you'd say that but I think it does have it's merits because I remember in the show Greymon became Skullgreymon instead of Metalgreymon, so adding divergence in the evolution chains (although reducing the number of Digimon they can have to a degree) does add a different kind of fun into the game. Although I do think there could have been a better way for them to do it than giving you a menu.