Dealing with Pom's Air game (and other move)

Bucaramangaman

Multimedia Engineer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bogotá, Colombia
ask-bman.tumblr.com
I'm having difficulties deling with her pressure, i know some characters are supposed to have something stong, but her :8::C: is just debastating, it crosses up very easily (too easily if you ask me, they should reduce it's cross up hit box) and she can cancel it with another one; so i guess one shouldn't defy her air game, i guess that's fair.

So the hit box is way too big to try for an anti-air, the only little flaw i've discovered is that it has low hit stun (?) or maybe it was just me insta blocking, so ONCE i could hit her back in the air with an :A: or a :Grab:.... anyway it is too situational to challenge air to air (being in the same height at close distance), so what do you people recommend?

ALSO..... her anti air(the one raising her hooves to her face) is kinda bs (i know im kinda getting the scrub level complain, but..) it has a great duration, amazing hitbox which also serves as a ground poke...

PD: for any pom afraid to revealing it's weaknesses, one must learn how to defeat himself to defeat others

Reactions: Nightshade

Nintyuk

Professor Bright Spark
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm having difficulties deling with her pressure, i know some characters are supposed to have something stong, but her :8::C: is just debastating, it crosses up very easily (too easily if you ask me, they should reduce it's cross up hit box) and she can cancel it with another one; so i guess one shouldn't defy her air game, i guess that's fair.

So the hit box is way too big to try for an anti-air, the only little flaw i've discovered is that it has low hit stun (?) or maybe it was just me insta blocking, so ONCE i could hit her back in the air with an :A: or a :Grab:.... anyway it is too situational to challenge air to air (being in the same height at close distance), so what do you people recommend?

ALSO..... her anti air(the one raising her hooves to her face) is kinda bs (i know im kinda getting the scrub level complain, but..) it has a great duration, amazing hitbox which also serves as a ground poke...

PD: for any pom afraid to revealing it's weaknesses, one must learn how to defeat himself to defeat others
If you see pom jump assume :8::C: and high block or forward dash under and Anti-Air.
It's a 180* sweep from up to down, if you get behind her then she is vulnerable.

Pom is generally weak up close, her best attacks keep you at arms length and she can't summon if you can hit her.

Reactions: Nightshade

Bucaramangaman

Multimedia Engineer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bogotá, Colombia
ask-bman.tumblr.com
If you see pom jump assume :8::C: and high block or forward dash under and Anti-Air.
It's a 180* sweep from up to down, if you get behind her then she is vulnerable.

Pom is generally weak up close, her best attacks keep you at arms length and she can't summon if you can hit her.
I'm testing in the lab right now and Getting under her seems like a bad idea. Thanks to hurt boxes her attack is most likelly 210*. Anti-airing her doesnt seem so bad now that i know dogs come with hurtbox too, but its risky, one of those 50/50 situations (so it can be worked with).
Another answer so far i've found that isn't risky but a bit situational, is to chicken block the attack as little in the air as possible and one can punish with a :A: even before her second :8::C: comes out. But this only works when she goes for :8::C: x 2, if she cancels the 1st :8::C: with a :B: .... well... one just have to eat it :S

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I find the best bet is usually push-blocking and then jumping the sheep before she gets her hooves back under her. Though, push-blocking and diving at the other person is my go-to for anyone, so I might be biased.

Reactions: Enma and Nightshade

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The velevt one dosent seem all that great, is that really her only option besides spacing out againts Poms JH, because I dought a good player would jump in on an iscicle.

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
The velevt one dosent seem all that great, is that really her only option besides spacing out againts Poms JH, because I dought a good player would jump in on an iscicle.
I manage to get hit by her Shatter C quite a lot when I'm trying to use Pom's j.C. Then again, I may just be a scrub.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I manage to get hit by her Shatter C quite a lot when I'm trying to use Pom's j.C. Then again, I may just be a scrub.
Yea shatter C never works if they jump in, pom has atleast 10 frames of advantige

Nugakku

Yikes
Feb 5, 2018
A real pom player will do 2 j.C immediately and that is very unpunishable until she crossup and hit