Custom Palette Bases?

Rynozilla

Bad At Oleander
Feb 23, 2018
Simpsonville, SC
For those that have been really into the Skullgirls community, this will be familiar, but basically... Are there already templates that can be easily and neatly edited to make fun little fan palettes? Not to be used in game, but just so people can try their hand at making skins that aren't in game, to see what they'd look like. If there aren't already such templates, are there people working on them?

JonNobo

"Vanilla, schmnilla"
Feb 27, 2018
I've been messing around with unpacking some of the game files using SkullMod, & while I haven't exactly found full-body images yet, I found head-shot .pcx files containing most of that sort of thing!
(These are the default colors the pcx contains)
For the most part, you can find the colors, lineart, & shading for each character currently in the game.

It's not really much, but it's no trouble to grab them either.

Brutus

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
There were a few palette bases that were posted in the Backer lounge (so unless someone zips them up you might not be able to get to them) a while ago, but there is a thread in the general discussion section that's tossing around ideas for new palettes. Though that's mostly for fun instead of serious consideration.

Reactions: Rynozilla

Rynozilla

Bad At Oleander
Feb 23, 2018
Simpsonville, SC
I've been messing around with unpacking some of the game files using SkullMod, & while I haven't exactly found full-body images yet, I found head-shot .pcx files containing most of that sort of thing!
(These are the default colors the pcx contains)
For the most part, you can find the colors, lineart, & shading for each character currently in the game.

It's not really much, but it's no trouble to grab them either.
SKULLMOD WORKS WITH TFH? You know, I shouldn't be surprised, same engine and all, but still... A bit jarring. Hm. This is actually really neat!

Scherzo

Feb 27, 2018
There's a thread over in the General Forum where a few people have been posting ideas and even mockups, if you're interested.