1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current Beta Status, and upcoming updates

Discussion in 'News' started by ManeSix, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Anukan

Anukan Man of Constant Sorrow
    Staff Member Mane6 Developer

Yeah, that's how rumors usually go.

Here's thing. I can't give you guys a solid definitive answer right now. There's three or four things currently getting juggled and up in the air that need to land so I can point names and name fingers. All the signs point to said juggled stuff not landing until at least next week. Or at least some of these things, at which point I can let you guys know what's been happening and why things are in their current status. We've got some promising positive stuff in there, some explanations too, and some compromises. Sometimes things don't go according to initial plan (we wanted to release in April, for example), but that doesn't by any means, ways, shapes or forms dictate that everything's caught on fire and panic should take over. Come on guys. We've dev'd through snow, storms, and whatnots, and we still exist. We ain't going to suddenly give up and go "welp, guess that's that".

Game's going to release this side of new year, one way or the other. It has to. Not only because we promised you guys a game, but because internal administrative reasons, because we must, because we want to, and because we won't just let it narf out. So there's that. It's happening even if Nappy has to carry game through an uphill minefield in the middle of a snowstorm while juggling a pineapple with his tongue. OR ELSE.

Money wise. We budgeted certain amounts for each thing specifically at the start of the crowdfund. So far, (and even with a couple unexpected things happening through dev since we started on it), everything's been reasonably accurate in its costs. We've still got the money we earmarked for goat, for example. Everything post initial dev (Which is goat & mac/linux), still there. Rewards. Still there. We've not cannibalized anything to cover something else, and the ship remains reasonably afloat. Doesn't look like we'll have to start covering holes with money either. (Unless really major stuff happened. Say, giant ants taking over the world). So there's that too.

Our only constant archnemesis has always been time, and the universe continuing to conspire against us (insert tinfoil hat here... actually, do we have a tinfoil hat in the lobby accessory list?... mhm... ), but the dudes with the purple banners under their avatars can testify that the beta's been receiving updates and features in addition to bugfixes. We've got another update lined up, actually. Should happen today (or maybe tomorrow?) depending on internal testing results.

We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together.

2. NeoTensai

NeoTensai Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
    Backers' Beta Tester

^ ^
    This guys. I know it's disheartening to wait for a game when on paper it should be out.
    Sure the progress updates are getting a little slow, that still doesn't mean nothing is getting worked on.
    As we beta testers can testify the game is getting worked no and since I can't really say much more than please be patient the end result will be worth the wait

TyphlUpgrade and PinkieFTW like this.
  3. Someoneman

Someoneman Crowdfund Backer
    Crowdfund Backer

Thanks for that. This is exactly the kind of message I wanted to read from the dev team. Just a "everything's still going smooth, don't worry even if we're keeping quiet to non-beta testers, we haven't encountered a massive problem that will delay us for ten years".

4. SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz Where there is smoke, there is fire!
    Backers' Beta Tester

Sure sound like people who don't actually follow the game at all and don't come to these forums. There was a beta patch literally a week ago. It -obviously- hasn't fallen through.

Nonetheless, thanks for the hilarious post. People just need to remember that game development is hard, maaaan. Stuff can and often will take longer than expected and it's always prudent to expect the unexpected. You guys rock it, I know you'll get everything going soon enough. :)

Now if only I could get around to playing the beta more.

PinkieFTW likes this.
  5. JunaECBS

JunaECBS BetaBoi
    Backers' Beta Tester

Okay, that's unfair. Non-beta people can't see the part of the forums where beta patches are announced.

In any case, I'm glad someone from the dev team came forward to speak (especially the part where money is involved); I was getting worried about why they were silent to "the outside world", and it's not like I can just speak about the game in their place. Now, on to the day the NDA is lifted!

6. Rodya

Rodya kaksoispiste dee

Not only can we not see it, the last official information we had received was "We ran into minor problems", this was on July 17. People were not worried about the game getting delayed, most of us do understand that major projects tend to face setbacks, some (not me tho) were getting a bit anxious because of absolute silence, what Anu did there was just what these folks needed, reassurance that everything is going to be okay and that patience is a virtue.

PinkieFTW likes this.
  7. Rich Jammer

Rich Jammer By the Numbers Accountant
    Backers' Beta Tester

Mostly putting this here so I get updates on Alerts.
    Panic-2017.png

8. Pendayle

Pendayle Member

sorry, didn't mean to sound rude, just my only source of info were the twitch/YouTube streams. and yeah, some didn't follow the game, but we play fighting games and im trying to get them interested in it cause i like it. aesthetics plays a big part in fighting games and as far as indie fighting games goes, there is kinda a small war building up.

PinkieFTW likes this.
  9. SmokeRulz

SmokeRulz Where there is smoke, there is fire!
    Backers' Beta Tester

Hm. It didn't even occur to me that the beta update logs were posted there. There should be a way to keep everybody in the loop, then. Maybe they should post something to the indiegogo at some point.

A lot of people I've seen didn't even notice the Twitch/YouTube archives! They just remembered the game being announced a year and a half ago and have done NO research, and then act shocked when they find out it's still being worked on. ;D

Herrkot, Ferettoko and PinkieFTW like this.
  10. Delusional Dreamer

Delusional Dreamer Likes Hugs and Puppies

Anu causes panic.png
    I think I might have messed up a little on the edges...

11. Thegodhand

Thegodhand Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Is there any word on when menu music will be added? I thought when I started the beta up my speakers were dead or something.

Tox likes this.
  12. Tox

Tox Ms Fortune is best pone
    Backers' Beta Tester

Hopefully at the same time input menus are avaliable in game

13. TheGoldenW

TheGoldenW Prepare the heckin' Alpacattack

Maybe general wasn't the right place to ask. Can someone give us a status update? Just wanna know how close we are.

Sorry, not trying to be naggy.

14. lovesnhugs

lovesnhugs Crowdfund Backer
    Crowdfund Backer

x2
    a update for us (no beta tester people) could be great :)

TheGoldenW likes this.
  15. sokolgs

sokolgs TFH Streamer

I smell it's coming soon, so just you wait guys!):arisilly:

Salty Beef and TheGoldenW like this.
  16. TheGoldenW

TheGoldenW Prepare the heckin' Alpacattack

I just hope the devs of @ManeSix have had fun on their journey. I can't fathom the tribulations you've been through since the C+D, yet you stuck to it through it where most would have sat there, cried and given up. You've really made something special, and the hype for this game along with Mario Odyssey has made this one of my best quarters in gaming since 2008 when I first got my Wii and Super Mario Galaxy. Thank you so much for everything, and good luck on the final stretch.