Crowdfunded games

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just backed this game.

There's a demo you can download and play. Limited Run Games have an exclusive physical PS4 version of Battle Princess Madelyn on cerrtain tiers.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016

Now this is a unique game, using cats that transform into various weapons and follow you around awhile fighting Undyne-like villians left and right. Odd the crowdfunding is taking a while to fill up, given it's potential as a 2-D platform adventure game.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Sorry about the double post, but this just in! Chris Niosi, the guy behind Parody Rangers as well as several voices/editting in DBZ Abridged, is going to make his fan series TOME (Terrain of Magical Expertise) into a 2D Turn-Based RPG. In which if anyone puts in $30, he makes a animated sprite of your drawn character into the game, and so on with each donation and up. He'll be putting up the kickstarter in June or so, so I'll post the link to it when it comes available. Here's all the details here:

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
In terms of video games, I backed Yooka-Laylee (waiting on the Switch version), Psychonauts 2, Angels with Scaly Wings (it's great!), and Indivisible. Otherwise I've mostly backed tabletop games.

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Just resently backed Demoniaca: Everlasting Night on Kickstarter (google their Kickstarter campaign). There's 4 days left to help fund this game. If it gets funded there a chance that they will keep the kickstarter open via PayPal &/or their website for Demoniaca Slacker Backers.
Mh I would say your wasted your Money on this one except they change the Artstyle completely , I see a lot of King of Fighters assets used there, so it is just a matter of time until they get some legal problems because of that.

Cera Cyannis

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 19, 2017
Iv'e only backed up one other game, Fiona Frightening and The Wicked Wardrobe, but it didn't meet its goal.

SomeKindOfTiger

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
TFH is the highest funding tier I've ever backed a crowdfunded game, but I've bought/backed/played a bunch of other ones. Some have turned out great, (Night in the Woods) ; others, not so much (Mighty No. 9)...

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
TFH is the highest funding tier I've ever backed a crowdfunded game, but I've bought/backed/played a bunch of other ones. Some have turned out great, (Night in the Woods) ; others, not so much (Mighty No. 9)...
Let us take a moment of silence for the wasted potential....

Seriously, that was disappointing. The levels (the few I bothered playing) felt so empty and uninteresting.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Apparently the TOME game kickstarter will be up in August. If you can, relay the news to the Brony community with all haste. Here's a link with a preview of the game:

bonusjosh

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
I have quite the list

Shovel Knight (The first and the best)
Broken Age
Skullgirls DLC
Indivisible ( Lab Zero I can't wait I need my Valkyrie Profile fix and fricken kikuta, yisss)
Light Speed Drifter
Use Your Words
Exploding Kittens
Roan (tabletop game, Illustrator and also put in $10 for the project just because)
HSD (Hc Svnt Dracones, made by an artist bud, tabletop)
Yooka-Laylee
Mighty No 9
SOME FIGHTER BOUT QUADRUPEDS OR SOMETHING

Lots of games!

*Edit* Oh yeah Shantae as well I forgot bout that. Should play it sometime.

Last edited:

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Yooka-Laylee and We Happy Few
Oh dude, I just heard about We Happy Few getting picked up by Gearbox Software... That's great, but also really sad...
I mean, getting picked up by a big publisher is great for Compulsion Games because they probably made MAD BANK and they deserve it, the game looks great. Whats sad is that its gone from a $30.00 game to a $60.00 game simply because there's a Gearbox logo affiliated with it now. Also, I don't know if Compulsion had plans for DLC and God damn season passes but the game sure as shit has them now.

Its a real double edged sword siding with the old guard; on one hand you have the potential to make huge profits and increased exposure BUT weather the exposure is positive or negative really comes down to how greedy the AAA publisher is. So basically in all instances you get negative exposure. The game is sitting on mixed reviews on Steam at the moment but you can bet your ass that it will be Mostly Negative by the end of the month.

@ManeSix I think it would be great if you guys got picked up by one of these big publishers. The deal would probably be worth a mint and you fully deserve as much money as possible for all the hard work you guys put in. I just worry that the price you pay for all that extra profit is your game and possibly your company being dragged through the mud.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Update for the game, as it will be available in September. However, there will be a demo, in which you can fight some of the minor TOME enemies, as well as Puddin and Dumplin from TFS. It also has a wide limit for Dojo Masters at $500 a piece, meaning they have even more slots, as well as unlimited $30 sprite non-speaking slots. Spread the word to everyone, including the brony community.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Good news, the game got funded two days after it's arrival. But it still needs more people to spread the word about it. It also has a free game demo to download for anyone who wants to sort through bugs and glitches.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Not sure if I should double-post, but I wanted to remind you guys this kickstarter will end in 12 hours or so. So if you want to put your OCs or avatars or some of your drawings into the game as a NPC, or want to set up a message board for the thing, click on the link above. Especially if you want a free game demo of the RPG to beta-test.

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
Not sure if this counts as a necro, but I just came across another good looking one:
It seems to be a Metroidvania with a heavy focus on questing and RPG elements. It shows a lot of promise based on the spritework, trailer, and the alpha demo! The demo itself is pretty good from what I played of it. Control is a bit slippery on the ground, but it definitely can work with some polish and monetary assistance.

WindBreaker

Looking to get back into fighting games.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 9, 2018
Earth
I've backed a handful of things with crowdfunding. Some of which were before I made accounts on IndieGoGo and Kickstarter, so I have to refer to them by memory.
  • Skullgirls (So Main 6 could get access to the engine)
  • Them's Fighting Herds
  • AI War 2
There were also a couple of non-gaming things.
  • FaceRig (Something that tracks your face in a webcam, then maps your facial expressions onto an animated avatar. I think they added a voice changer to it too)
  • A production run of Lawyer Friendly Equines coins.
It's been years since the coin production was done, and I've only recently (this most recent December) gotten the creator to agree to send me a coin. She says she'll mail one out before she moves. No word yet on when that is. She's still been selling them at conventions, though, so it's nice to see that my investment is helping someone make money (sarcasm).

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
A production run of Lawyer Friendly Equines coins.
It's been years since the coin production was done, and I've only recently (this most recent December) gotten the creator to agree to send me a coin. She says she'll mail one out before she moves. No word yet on when that is. She's still been selling them at conventions, though, so it's nice to see that my investment is helping someone make money (sarcasm).
Would that be Akili Amythest's Stained Glass Coin II (which got de-listed)? Yeah, I never got my coin. I sent a couple messages after her final mass-message update, but never got a response. Think I contacted her on Deviantart via a Note as well? Nothing there either.

WindBreaker

Looking to get back into fighting games.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 9, 2018
Earth
That's the person, yeah. I made a few comments around her DeviantArt and sent her a few messages.

Their private messaging system seems like a hot steaming load of garbage, since I can't seem to find the message history for a conversation.

Just go to the various Coin photos and see some of the comments. I'd suggest sending her another message. I was sending her a message / image comment once or twice a year for a while before I got a response.

Needless to say, it's put me off from supporting any fan projects. Initially, the first two disasters that affected the project (lawyer :bark::bark::bark::bark:ery and a death in the family) bought her a few months of leeway in delaying the delivery in my eyes, but I lost patience after the first full year of delayed delivery.

The sad thing is, I'm sure the majority of fan projects were great, amazing non-scams. I just set a personal limit of not investing more than $20 into merch at a time. The idea being that I would not invest any more money into the merch until I got the stuff I paid for.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
A bit of a necro, but if you guys want a upgrade of a Megaman Battle Network type game, try this out. It just needs 14K to be available of the Switch. Please help spread the word of this given there's only 10 days left: