CEOtaku | Free entry side tourney!

NekoCrispy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
UPDATE: I forgot to mention that we'll need people to bring setups. I'll have mine and I believe SongHacker's bringing his, but if you plan on bringing one let me know, it'd be very much appreciated!
Hello, for those going to CEOtaku there'll be a free to enter Them's Fightin' Herds side tournament ran by me.

TFH had a decent showing at CEO this past summer, but for CEOtaku we'll be taking a less serious/competitive approach by having the side tournament be free, so that more people can play without worrying about an entry fee.

We should also have at least one setup open all weekend, our goal right now is to just get more interested in TFH and give it more of a presence at offline events.

___

Schedule: TBC

Prizes: Everyone who enters will be getting one pin-back button (Image). We might be getting medals for top 3 like at CEO where they provided those, but nothing's definite.

___

Also If you live in Florida and are looking for other TFH players in the state and possible offline play, we have a discord and facebook group!

Last edited:

NekoCrispy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
So...how did it go? Did you get some good footage?
Tourney went pretty well, we got a lot of new faces this time around which was really cool. I had someone try out the game for the first time and he ended up really liking it and entered the tournament. Hopefully he liked it enough to buy it lol.

One of BLACKATLAS's setups were recording matches, sadly we didn't play loser's, winner's, or grand finals on it. Some people took phone footage as well so hopefully they end up uploading those.

Also huge shoutout to BLACKATLAS for bringing two setups, plus helping run bracket when smash gg was acting up. (Smash gg on mobile is the worst, I also tried running bracket from my laptop using a hot spot but that was even more useless).

Here are the results: CEOtaku Them's Fightin' Herds Side Tournament I really appreciate everyone who came out and shared the event page.

I'm hoping once TFH leaves early access we'll start to see more people play, both online and offline.

Reactions: Lanxide