Button dashing?

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
[ =initiating a dash with a combination of attack buttons or forward+button rather than/on top of the default "double tap forward" ]

I'm curious what's the status of button dashing in Them's Fightin' Herds.
Is it planned/considered to be implemented? (if not, can it be?)
Is it already implemented?
Is it already rejected? (hopefully not, but if so, why?)

Asking as a player coming from a Skullgirls background, where button dashing is an alt dash input performed by pressing two Punch buttons simultaneously (input used for pushblocks during blockstun instead).

Xbox pads are my controller of choice for fighting games and I use the left analog stick for movement and inputs. It's very comfortable for those tasks, but forward->forward with it is definitely less so, which as I realised is part of the reason I didn't seriously get into any fighter where regularly double-tapping directions is necessary to be effective.

I most definitely would like to get seriously into TFH when it arrives, hence I wonder what are the perspectives on this topic in the game.

Jack Dragen

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I don't think so, but I could be wrong. They wanted to keep things simple so there aren't too many usable buttons and I would prefer to have more variety of attacks by combinating buttons. I can see your point, though. It would be more comfortable.