Bug with items of a given type in salt mines

bazket

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
There seems to be a bug with the way the salt mines check for possession of items.

Description: When exploring the salt mines recently, I acquired the first of the several turtle bandannas (specifically, the orange one). That one worked fine: it took my salt, displayed the proper item name, and gave me the item. Following that, if I opened a chest containing one of the other turtle bandannas, despite not owning them it would display the message saying I owned them, with the internal name (i.e. 'turtle_bandanna_purple' or somesuch) displayed, (rather than the normal name, like 'Vinci', that I seem to recall it displaying if you get more than one of some other items), gave me salt for opening the chest as it would if I had already had the item--but also unlocked the item in my inventory.

So, to summarize, if you already have one of the items in a group (perhaps this is just a problem with the TMNT stuff), chests in the salt mines with the other items will both unlock their item and pay you for opening them as if you already had the item.

This continued across more than one playsession and more than one pixel lobby, too.

Steps to reproduce: Acquire one item in a set (known to work with the turtle bandannas), then open a chest containing another item in the set.

Reproduction rate: Seems to happen every time. I don't know what items -would- trigger this to happen, though. It didn't happen with the 'Vlue' cone, for instance.

Attachments

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

beta

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 24, 2016
If you could get a screenshot of this I'd appreciate it. I don't think I've seen this occur before. A video is even better.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer