"Boss" versions of characters

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
Similar to unlimited characters in Blazblue, would characters have more powerful playable versions of themselves, and if so, how would they play?

What if Oleander always had Fred active throughout the whole fight, Velvet gets slower projectiles that are larger with multiple hits, and Arizona gets... er... uh... the Bionic Man Sound effect during her Level 2 Special? She's hard to come up with ideas for. If anything, the boss versions would probably be thematic to the utility of each character's Level 2.

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
Maybe when you fight The Devourer he transforms into you for the first phase, and then you move onto the typical final boss with him in his true form. Extra points if your mirror image has a special move that you don't, because the computer is a cheating bast-I mean, jerk.

Reactions: Nadia

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Maybe when you fight The Devourer he transforms into you for the first phase, and then you move onto the typical final boss with him in his true form. Extra points if your mirror image has a special move that you don't, because the computer is a cheating bast-I mean, jerk.
They could use a "Evil color scheme" maybe with a dark aura surrounding the chars, and lower pitch for the voice and some extra dialog lines, some things for the moves could be changed too.

Two examples:

"Dark Pom" would have "Shadow creatures" instead of puppies, and would try to unsettle Pom by telling here how weak she is etc.

And for Oleander I would twist it around, the boss would transform into a "Pure Form" of here, maybe with a color scheme that resembles Amalthea from the Last Unicorn, and would taunt here by telling here that a "unpure" being like here could never beat here.

After you beat the story, the alt mode would be unlocked for VS Mode as a new "Color"