BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Only way I can see them salvaging this is making the base game $40 and the All-in-One pack $20. But the thing I'm annoyed at is the fact that Blake and Yang AREN'T IN THE BASE GAME. It'd be like making Jin and Noel or Yosuke and Chie DLC!
That's pretty much what I think, yeah. It's obvious the damn DLC isn't going to be free (this isn't Namco after all), so make the base game lower priced and then have the DLC increase it to around normal full price game. But considering there's a big, excessive, pointless special edition for the game with all kinds of goodies leads me to believe that the game won't be discounted at all. And yeah, even assuming they don't high-price everything, the base game only has TWO RWBY characters? I'm no fan of any of these series, but RWBY fans have been ridiculously eager for this, and literally a TENTH of the base cast is made up of their characters. Half of it is just BlazBlue.

Overall, this is looking pretty damn skin-crawling.

Reactions: Invader TAK

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Director Talks About DLC Pricing - Siliconera

This is late, but it looks like the cost of the base game + DLC won't be that much more than a full priced game. We still don't have EXACT pricing, but it IS a step in the right direction if you ignore the whole "half the cast including half of Team RWBY is DLC" thing.

EDIT: Also, EVO Japan is this weekend, there MIGHT be some news there.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
That's pretty much what they need to do, yeah. Pricing + DLC needs to be $60 or less, honestly. The RWBY thing is still a deal breaker for some people, though.

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Blake and Yang are free! Now we can be... slightly less angry and disappointed?

I'm not going to boycott this game (in fact, I'm considering getting the special edition), but dang, ArcSys messed up really badly with their advertising. Gamers love getting angry at excessive DLC practices, and announcing that your game is going to be 50% DLC then saying nothing for a few weeks is just begging for people to be outraged. At this point nothing short of giving away the season pass for free is going to fully restore BBTAG's reputation. And that's sad.
:olliesad:

On a more positive note, apparently the RWBY characters are the most popular by a landslide. Hopefully this means that ArcSys will consider making a full RWBY fighting game. Hopefully it'll have 3D models instead of 2D sprites because A: it's cheaper to animate, so there'll be more budget for adding many characters, and B: it'll be closer to RWBY's actual style. And C: Guilty Gear Xrd and Dragon Ball FighterZ look good, so having another game with that graphic style would be nice.

Reactions: ty4brawl

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois

DLC Pack 1 has Platinum the Trinity from BlazBlue, Orie from Under Night and Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4. None of these said "Free DLC Character" like Blake and Yang so paid DLC confirmed. US game DLC pricing in the edit below.

EDIT: BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle pricing revealed for US version, English dubbing questions answered

US Price: $49.99
US DLC Pack Prices: $4.99 each (six total)
US Complete Pack Price: $19.99 (which was expected, AND is a discount of $9.95 for those who plan on buying all the packs anyway)

Saving the biggest news for last: ENGLISH DUB AND DUAL-AUDIO CONFIRMED! EVERYBODY will have English voices. Wonder who they'll get for Es and the Under Night characters.

EDIT 2: DLC Pack 1 will be free for the first two weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: CluelessDetective

CluelessDetective

Jan 24, 2018

DLC Pack 1 has Platinum the Trinity from BlazBlue, Orie from Under Night and Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4. None of these said "Free DLC Character" like Blake and Yang so paid DLC confirmed. US game DLC pricing in the edit below.

EDIT: BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle pricing revealed for US version, English dubbing questions answered

US Price: $49.99
US DLC Pack Prices: $4.99 each (six total)
US Complete Pack Price: $19.99 (which was expected, AND is a discount of $9.95 for those who plan on buying all the packs anyway)

Saving the biggest news for last: ENGLISH DUB AND DUAL-AUDIO CONFIRMED! EVERYBODY will have English voices. Wonder who they'll get for Es and the Under Night characters.

EDIT 2: DLC Pack 1 will be free for the first two weeks.
From what I've heard the first pack (Orie, Platinum, and Kanji) will be free for a limited amount of time like how the P4AU dlc were but I think its only for the first pack

Honestly with all of this news my hype is back. $70 isn't too bad honestly as other punching games cost more with their base price and dlc, and we're getting the english dub back which makes me super happy

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
$70 ain't too bad. Not sure when/if I'll ever be picking up the game, but hey, at least it's on Switch.

I love the fact that there's dual audio, too. I'm one of those people that generally can't stand Japanese voice acting in most instances, so I'll take all English all day.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
$70 ain't too bad. Not sure when/if I'll ever be picking up the game, but hey, at least it's on Switch.

I love the fact that there's dual audio, too. I'm one of those people that generally can't stand Japanese voice acting in most instances, so I'll take all English all day.
Plus it seems like the voice over selection is on a character by character basis, which is nice.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Plus it seems like the voice over selection is on a character by character basis, which is nice.
Nice. (not that it matters since I'd set them all to English)

Isn't this only the second game to do that, after Street Fighter 4? Or maybe SF5 did, too, I don't own any of these dang games.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois

Isn't this only the second game to do that, after Street Fighter 4? Or maybe SF5 did, too, I don't own any of these dang games.
Character by character voice over selection is a thing in MvC games. At least in MvC3.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Character by character voice over selection is a thing in MvC games. At least in MvC3.
Oh right! I forgot about MVC3. It's definitely not an option in the older MVC games. Capcom put it into SF4 and MVC3. It should probably be a standard thing in fighting games, I'd say.

Though I do like how Tekken gives all characters their native language. Why doesn't Capcom have that option yet? They've mentioned it before.

Rikers

Stampeding Adventurer~
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 24, 2016

Both SFIV and V did it, yeah
I'm just a tiny bit surprised they're putting in english dubs though, after the whole Central Fiction thing and whatnot

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
Both SFIV and V did it, yeah
I'm just a tiny bit surprised they're putting in english dubs though, after the whole Central Fiction thing and whatnot
Well look at it this way, this game having a full English dub is going a LONG way to apologizing for the DLC fiasco.

Rikers

Stampeding Adventurer~
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 24, 2016
Yeah, that was really bad
I'm personally glad it's having an english dub though, mostly for kanji lol

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't know anything about BlazBlue and even I know Jubei is the hypest dude there is.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
You should have seen Jubei's reveal for Centralfiction at EVO last year, which was right before they revealed thus game. Having him playable was a LONG time coming.
I HAVE seen it. There's crowd reaction videos on YouTube for that and other EVO reveals. Reaction videos to surprise announcements are my drug.

Reactions: Invader TAK

6clock7

Just chillin'
Mar 24, 2018
$99 for the Collector's Edition, which doesn't even come with the DLC? Yeah, I'll pass...

I'll just get the normal game and buy the DLC.

Also, I am curious about what system you guys are going to get the game on. Right now, I'm going to buy it on the Nintendo Switch.

CluelessDetective

Jan 24, 2018
$99 for the Collector's Edition, which doesn't even come with the DLC? Yeah, I'll pass...

I'll just get the normal game and buy the DLC.

Also, I am curious about what system you guys are going to get the game on. Right now, I'm going to buy it on the Nintendo Switch.
I'm probably getting it on PS4, though I'll decide if I'm getting it after trying the demo at Gamestop next week. And yeah that's weird it doesnt come with the pass, though I think Fighterz did something like that too which isnt too great to leave it out since most games I think come with the pass in their collectors editions

Reactions: 6clock7

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
I have the PS4 standard edition pre-ordered on Amazon (Prime discount FTW). I WAS gonna get the CE but no Season Pass deflated my hype for it. So I'll just keep said pre-order since with that Amazon Prime discount, the Season Pass will bring my total to a little over $64.

CluelessDetective

Jan 24, 2018
So I was able to go to a Gamestop today to try the game out and honestly I'm back on board with it, it was very fun. It was single player which was a bummer since a few friends and I went there, but I enjoyed what I played. It's not as braindead as I thought it was going to be, and has a some complexities to it. It also feels like a completely different beast than the games that's in it. Honestly I hope theres a multiplayer demo or I hope the beta comes to the US because I would love to play more of it

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois

Next DLC pack reveals are Naoto Shirogane from Persona 4 (expected), Vatista from Under Night (unexpected going by the silhouette speculation over on the BlazBlue subreddit) and Hakumen from BlazBlue (VERY expected).

And here's the promised Yang gameplay.

6clock7

Just chillin'
Mar 24, 2018
So with the characters that we have so far, my team will probably be Yosuke/Vatista or Makoto/Vatista.

All in all, pretty cool that some people are gettng their characters. I'll just be ready for launch :olliesmile:

indie_animator

Mar 10, 2018
Bay Area, CA
tangerinepop.com
Thanks for the info. I've enjoyed a lot of crossover games over the years and am looking forward to this one.

I've played the P4A games, UNIEL (need to get UNIELst), all BlazBlue games (except Central Fiction!), and watched all RWBY (recently).

So before early June, I really should finally get UNIELst & BBCF to get caught up.
I'm at least familiar w/Es from the XBlaze games.

Going to be tough to pick mains since there are so many great characters.

CluelessDetective

Jan 24, 2018
Luckily all my mains from all the games are here which are Yu Narukami, Hazama, and Gordeau so I'll probably use Yu and Hazama for EVO but I'll definitely experiment with my favorite unga bunga

inknail

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
I'll need Mitsuru and Nanase to have my mains in the game, but I'm definitely looking forward to this game. I feel like I have too many fighting games to enjoy on my plate from the last half a year, between TFH, DBFZ, and UNIELst (which I've barely played still). Feels good to have the genre so alive right now though.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The remaining DLC characters appear to have been leaked thanks to datamining the Switch beta. I won't list them here, it's easy enough to find them if you want to know who they are. It's getting really annoying that devs are letting this happen, though.

inknail

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
How does this keep happening anyway? Is Arc System Works just not putting enough effort into safeguarding the identities of their upcoming DLC characters from being datamined, or is it somewhat inevitable given the amount of effort that fans seem to put into finding these things?

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
How does this keep happening anyway? Is Arc System Works just not putting enough effort into safeguarding the identities of their upcoming DLC characters from being datamined, or is it somewhat inevitable given the amount of effort that fans seem to put into finding these things?
It's because companies are putting bits of data into games and updates, as placeholders for unfinished content, and yet somehow that placeholder code makes it dead obvious what said content is going to be thanks to putting initials or other info there that is easily deciphered.