BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

ILikeKirbys

Puffball Enthusiast
Feb 19, 2016
Well, this was rather unexpected... not that I'm complaining.

I'd heard about ArcSys having something RWBY-related in the works, which piqued my interest (even though I haven't seen RWBY in a long while, I remember liking what I saw of it... which, admittedly, was mostly the fights)... but add in Blazblue, Persona 4, and Under Night In-Birth (the first two of which I wish I had had time for years ago when I was in college... but didn't, because college consumed all of my time (although in P4's case, that was more not having a PS3/4)... and that last one is one I wish to play 'cause it looks fun, but only just realized was available on Steam so I haven't played), and make it a tag-team fighter, and I'm very much looking forward to this.
Pretty much my only problem with this trailer is Ruby's voice, and even that's a fairly minor thing (plus I'm not really sure what specifically was weird about it... it wasn't even bad, just kinda weird for some reason that I can't put my finger on). Well, that and not seeing any Ruby gameplay, but I'm sure we'll get that in the next trailer, whenever that drops.

Seeing this is making me want to go catch up on RWBY... also making me want to grab Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late, since that's on Steam now and I've wanted to play that since the first one came out.

As for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle itself, all I can say is...
Please release on Steam. Please release on Steam. Please release on Steam.
Please. Release. On. Steam.

So, um, yeah. I'm looking forward to this now.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
Well, this was rather unexpected... not that I'm complaining.

I'd heard about ArcSys having something RWBY-related in the works, which piqued my interest (even though I haven't seen RWBY in a long while, I remember liking what I saw of it... which, admittedly, was mostly the fights)... but add in Blazblue, Persona 4, and Under Night In-Birth (the first two of which I wish I had had time for years ago when I was in college... but didn't, because college consumed all of my time (although in P4's case, that was more not having a PS3/4)... and that last one is one I wish to play 'cause it looks fun, but only just realized was available on Steam so I haven't played), and make it a tag-team fighter, and I'm very much looking forward to this.
Pretty much my only problem with this trailer is Ruby's voice, and even that's a fairly minor thing (plus I'm not really sure what specifically was weird about it... it wasn't even bad, just kinda weird for some reason that I can't put my finger on). Well, that and not seeing any Ruby gameplay, but I'm sure we'll get that in the next trailer, whenever that drops.

Seeing this is making me want to go catch up on RWBY... also making me want to grab Under Night In-Birth EXE: Late, since that's on Steam now and I've wanted to play that since the first one came out.

As for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle itself, all I can say is...
Please release on Steam. Please release on Steam. Please release on Steam.
Please. Release. On. Steam.

So, um, yeah. I'm looking forward to this now.
I was just expecting a standalone RWBY game, not a crossover with BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena and Under Night In-Birth!

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
What is with this timeline we live in that games like this could actually exist?

I'm not exactly a fan of any of the properties involved, but I can still tell that this is pretty nuts.

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
Hey folks. Couple posts up here were mod'd as a precaution. We're restorin' 'em for now, but please do mind the derail. Discussion on the merits and/or flaws of a game are fine, but let's try not to derail one thread with opinions on another game..

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
Hey folks. Couple posts up here were mod'd as a precaution. We're restorin' 'em for now, but please do mind the derail. Discussion on the merits and/or flaws of a game are fine, but let's try not to derail one thread with opinions on another game..
Got it.

inknail

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
I only just heard about this yesterday somehow, and it blew my mind a little. Can't wait to see what other characters get announced (also possibly other Arcsys franchises, since right now it's their biggest fighting franchise and 3 much younger, more niche ones).

I really hope she gets added to the roster, she's my UNiB main.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois

At a panel at RTX London, Rachel Alucard, Hazama and Weiss were confirmed. Also the game was confirmed to be hitting PS4, Switch (WOO!) and Steam!

EDIT: Video's up!

Last edited:

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

Let's keep it rolling with trailer #3. I hope you guys like spunky dragons.

Now that this coming to Switch I may have to nab it~

Reactions: Invader TAK

Illusion Melody

Just your everyday illusion magician
Feb 14, 2016
Can't wait for this game. It looks amazing so far, hopefully it will have a big roster.

Jordan Jackson

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I wonder if any Persona 3 characters will make the roster, given that there were P3 characters in Persona 4 Arena....

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I wonder if any Persona 3 characters will make the roster, given that there were P3 characters in Persona 4 Arena....
Probably since Arksys already have the character model from P4AU and it shouldn't be too hard to import that into Tag Battle. I'm surprised they haven't added characters from Persona 5 since people want that the most.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm surprised they haven't added characters from Persona 5 since people want that the most.
That's probably more "what people who haven't played P4AU want most." Why would they add characters that didn't exist in P4AU? P5 isn't part of this crossover. It's possible that some of the P3 characters that were in P4AU could appear here, but it remains to be seen. Not sure how big the roster is going to be given that there's 4 universes involved, but since it's 2v2, it could be fairly sizable.

inknail

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Glad to hear this will be coming to the switch in addition to ps4 and pc. They have Weiss, so now they just need to get Orie and my P4A main, Mitsuru, to get a 'lady with rapier' trifecta.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
Next character trailer is set to go up around 8 PM Japan time on the ArcSys Twitch stream (in about 12 hours from now).

EDIT: Decided to make a new post since someone else posted before the video went up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lanxide

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois

Gordeau from Under Night, Yukiko from Persona 4 and Azrael from BlazBlue are confirmed.

EDIT: Weiss gameplay was also shown on the ArcSys stream.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
They picked some fun characters, but is half the roster gonna be BlazBlue or something? There's still only two RWBY characters. I know they're gonna take the longest to make, but throw the fans a bone here~

Reactions: ty4brawl

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
I guess they're taking a page out of Capcom's book here. I can understand if they were to add Jaune, Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren as DLC later, they're not part of the main 4, but Blake and Yang? That seems a bit on the side of, to put this lightly, greedy bullshit.

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Man, THAT was a house of cards that fell apart. They turned RWBY into RW$$.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
Yeah, what a total hype killer. Hopefully they listen to the angry fanbase and fix this. I heard even the Japanese fans are mad about this.

SmokeRulz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This feels as bad if not worse than what DBFZ pulled: 8 characters for another $35, base roster is probably 24 characters or so. Even worse if the rumors about who those 8 characters are turns out to be true. Unless these 20 characters are free or $1 each, then I don't see how this is acceptable.

Even so, half the goddamn roster as DLC? Not even Capcom went that far.

Invader TAK

Master of Random
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Northern Illinois
This feels as bad if not worse than what DBFZ pulled: 8 characters for another $35, base roster is probably 24 characters or so. Even worse if the rumors about who those 8 characters are turns out to be true. Unless these 20 characters are free or $1 each, then I don't see how this is acceptable.

Even so, half the goddamn roster as DLC? Not even Capcom went that far.
Only way I can see them salvaging this is making the base game $40 and the All-in-One pack $20. But the thing I'm annoyed at is the fact that Blake and Yang AREN'T IN THE BASE GAME. It'd be like making Jin and Noel or Yosuke and Chie DLC!