SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Maaan that's some cool animation. Also dem facial expressions

Reactions: ty4brawl
Dec 21, 2017
Lala Land
I love that expression of effort on Oleander's face as she brings out Fred. That and those bags under her eyes.

Kids, don't do demons!
Fred is very obviously putting her through the wringer in exchange for his power. It's kinda distressing. I love how Ole's sort of ticking off every horror trope out there with her disturbing attack animations. Like her j.2C where the book zaps her with energy and suddenly she has a few extra eyes, or her D teleport where she appears to go full skeletal while rising from the abyss(though it's a rough so this might change).

I'm REALLY ready to see Fred colored as well.....the pin is such a fitting and epic entrance for an ancient evil spirit, I really hope he sort of crooks his head like the Alien Queen in Aliens during that long pause during the pin. That would totally sell how screwed the opponent is as they realize what exactly they're up against.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
GUYS I DID IT I BEAT THE HARDEST CHALLENGE IN THE GAME

(workin' on minigame stuff, story mode stuff to come soon)
I am disproportionately proud of that overlay screen. It's made of such simple stuff, it's basically routine, but I just feel really happy about the way it flows together. The medal animation, in particular, has to be my single most favourite thing I've ever done in Otter... and it's so bloody simple.

Sunset Radiance

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 12, 2016
What are the ways to combat zoning in this game? Oleander seems like the only character to pick since characters, apart from Tian, have too much difficulty in approaching, and she can fireball, tk fireball all she wants and bait attacks all day...A rolling mechanic or something to mitigate this would be nice, as well as maybe speeding up the game a tad. Er, not sure if this is the place for this, Im sleepy and wanted wanted to type this sorry

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Paprika has teleports to get around zoning, and her charge c can come out fast enough on reads to beat out Oleander's fireballs. Arizonas who have good spacing and reactions can quake out or rope to counter Oleander's fireballs as well... I need to lab this when I get back from work, but I THINK Arizona's low rope has a bit of an extended hitbox compared to standing rope? If the rope lands, fireballs disappear. Arizona's dead angle can also allow her to close distance against a fireball spammer. (Source - tried to do this against Arizona player at Frosty Faustings - these were his answers. Also, he had better spacing and reactions than I do, his rope punishes were really nice) It also seems to me that if an Oleander tries to go into a straight fireball war against Velvet, Velvet overwhelms her.

What I don't quite know is what answers Arizona has against Tian. To me, that's the only real problem matchup that exists in the game currently, and I don't see the matchup very often in Fighting Foenatics.

Sunset Radiance

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 12, 2016
Im one of the backers of the beta, and I dont see those forums, hence I asked here, my apologies. I asked for access a while ago, but I guess I stilldontt have it...

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
Im one of the backers of the beta, and I dont see those forums, hence I asked here, my apologies. I asked for access a while ago, but I guess I stilldontt have it...
All your account flags seem normal. You should be able to see the Beta forums. Try this link, see if it works. If not, PM us and we'll try to sort you out.

VendiMANS

Argentine fgs player
Feb 5, 2018
Buenos Aires
Workin' on getting tutorial mode out in an update soon! Visuals/text are WIP as usual. Most of the trials themselves are done. Just debugging them now.

wow, really looking forward to it!
I wish every fighter had a cool tutorial like gg:Rev, I'm talking to you tekken

Cyberfox VII

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Looks awesome, and it's exactly what I've been waiting for to really get into the game. Minor suggestion though, is there any plans for a colorblind mode? I can imagine that tutorial being a tad confusing for our colorblind friends without it.
I'm not even colorblind and I mixed up the light and medium targets a bit. Might help if the letters :A:,:B:, and :C: were visible on the targets or something.

ph00tbag

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 19, 2016
Looks awesome, and it's exactly what I've been waiting for to really get into the game. Minor suggestion though, is there any plans for a colorblind mode? I can imagine that tutorial being a tad confusing for our colorblind friends without it.
Gonna second this right here. I'm your average trichomat, and I couldn't tell the difference between :B: and :C:.

Reactions: Pom d'or