Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eshop version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've only played Cave Story +. You can switch between the original sprites or the remastered one in this version, same thing for the music.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I've only played Cave Story +. You can switch between the original sprites or the remastered one in this version, same thing for the music.
Well then that's probably my best bet, although it is a little expensive on steam

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia
If you want to pay for it, CS+. Otherwise go original with the AG patch.

I played the original on a PSVita through Ark. Max comfy. :D

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Well then that's probably my best bet, although it is a little expensive on steam
If you're patient, you should never have to pay full price for a game on Steam. (Unless you want to support the developer by buying it not on sale.)

As for the question at hand though, I have CS+ on Steam, but I haven't played it yet...

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
The updated graphics in Cavestory+ look nice, but the updated soundtrack saps all the energy out of it
Luckily you can choose which you prefer from either of those so it's not an issue, I just think it defaults to the new version of the soundtrack when you start it but you can change that in the settings (trust me it sounds way better).

Also Cavestory+ gets seasonal patches that can be fun

Super jorsour64

gotta him em' with dat Hogwa$h
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
I've only played most of the original downloaded through the fan site and with the English patch. Didn't know you could switch between original and remastered sounds and sprites in + so that's neat. Just depends if you want to support Pixel financially or not I guess...

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I played the DSi version when it was still available on the 3DS eshop; it was pretty fun.

From what I've heard though, CS+ is the best version of the game, though I haven't really gotten my hands on it. You might as well go with that version :)

Reactions: Gamerdude854