Armello

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
So I recently bought a game called Armello. It's a furry fantasy board-game RPG where you try to become the new king of the lands through various means.
It's honestly very fun and exciting! There are a lot of really well though-out mechanics in the game (see this video for an idea) and every game is exciting, even against the AI!

But who am I kidding? I'm positing this because I want to show off something stupid that recently happened to me.
Well, here you go:

TigerKirby215" said:
I got this game recently, and decided to try my hand at the Rat Assassin character "Zosha".
Oh. My. God. The amount of freaking genocide that was happening at my hands was insane.

I wouldn't even live half the time! I'd just slaughter everyone!
I won though the act of
mass slaughter gaining Prestige. When the king died, I was declared the new ruler due to my crazed murderous insanity glorious acts!

My current favorite character is probably Amber, but Zosha is a close second because... well... I think you can tell.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
I guess this is my Armello Spam Bukkit until someone comes out of their closet and admits that they play Furry Fantasy D&D. :confused:

Anyways:
>Be me
>Playing rat bastard
>Rat bastard is entirely based on claiming settlements
>Find item entirely based on claiming settlements
>Have 10 Prestige by end of game
>Have 31 Gold by end of game
>FeelsGoodMan

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Dude, we at Mane6 have been playing Armello for months now.

We stopped after a while after the 1.2 update 'cause it introduced (apparently unity based) bugs that will DC, NMA or Driver Crash at least one player per match. We just jumped in back for 1.3, but it seems the bugs are still there...

Other than that, though, fantastic game.

Also: River>All. If you disagree, then you're wrong and I'm swinging mah (ban)hammer :3

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Oh, hey I noticed the game, but never went around actually looking at it and buying it. So you guys say it's epic? Hmmmmm..... Mind gushing about it a little bit for me?
By the by I have no idea which one is River, but Dogmeat is based on a dog named River, so it is by default the best.

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
Oh, hey I noticed the game, but never went around actually looking at it and buying it. So you guys say it's epic? Hmmmmm..... Mind gushing about it a little bit for me?
Again: I'd highly suggest watching the video I linked in the original thread.

I'd also suggest JesseCox's video on Armello. While not too current, he does do a much better job at explaining the game than others. (IMO)

Also: River>All. If you disagree, then you're wrong and I'm swinging mah (ban)hammer :3
By the by I have no idea which one is River, but Dogmeat is based on a dog named River, so it is by default the best.
(The funny thing is River is in the first screenshot I posted)
Furry Bow Anthro Wolf. Has the ability to deal +1 damage for free at the start of combat, which can make the difference in many situations.
I honestly don't really like River. She's the first character I lost as. I think it's largely due to the fact that I'm a scrub with like 3 hours in this game, though. :^)

If my last two posts didn't make it obvious: I'm finding myself a real fan of the rat clan. Mercurio is a lil' s* that only exists to troll everyone else in the game, and Zosha goes around committing mass genocide for the rofls.
Though if I'm going to be honest: I really like Amber. She's a very well balanced character, and her character-specific thing makes getting a Spirit Stone victory quite plausible. (Especially if you have the "+Spirit Stones" charm)

I'm primarily just trying my hand at all the characters right now. I've got the entirety of the Rat clan out of the way, and half of the Rabbit/Wolf clan too.
I'm not too excited for the Bears, honestly. Sana kinda bores me, and Brun seems like a game-breaker just waiting to happen.
Barnaby kinda interests me. His play-style seems a lot different to the other characters, primarily due to his passive. Thane is a really simple character from the looks of it, so I'm not particularly interested in him.

After I get a good understanding of everyone I'll probably make a Random Games video.
I wish I could get an online session with some friends on camera, but I only have one Steam Friend who own the game. And he:
  • Is one of the 50+ people I added once for a trade and never talk to.
  • Bought the game on a Steam Sale, to which I've never seen him play it. (He has trading cards though, so I guess he must play it)

But I mean... perhaps some people at Mane 6 would grant me 30 minutes of fame?
Kappa. Though if Lauren wants to play Furry Fantasy with me I will gush for a billion years.

Also #HypeForBunnyNoThree ?

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
You got my attention
I just jokingly call this "Furry Fantasy D&D". It's honestly nothing like D&D, though D&D is probably the easiest comparison to make.

Honestly, the tutorial for this game explains it's self pretty well. You could easily buy this for a day and play the tutorial to see if you like it, and then return it on Steam Refund. :cool:
Though if you want my full opinion: I think you need to play a few games to truly get into it. I won my first game of Armello as Amber, but that came fairly easily. The second game I lost as River made me kinda salt, but it was my third game as Zosha that I started thinking in-depth about the strategy of the game.

If you really want to learn the finer points of this game, I'd suggest:
  • Mercurio for Trickery Cards
  • Sana for Spell Cards
  • Barnaby for Item Cards (Though Barnaby is kinda rigged af for item aboose)
  • Zosha for the Stealth mechanic
  • Brun for combat. (Though Brun is kinda rigged af to win combat)
Playing as either the Rat or Bear clan is a good way to learn about the various tile types in the game, due to their clan-specific rings.

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
Ugggggghhhhhh it feels freaking bad man. :(

>Be me
>Trying Brun
>Reset 5 times because I keep rolling 5 Rots when my enemies role 5 Wylds
>Finally get a good game
>Punching Rabbits like the jerk Bear I am
>Leading with a massive Prestige Boost
>River enters palace on day 8 morning
>"Oh shit OP Bow is going to win her the game"
>Run to the palace
>Spam spells at random people
>Punch her
>1 Damage less than enough to kill her
>None of the other players beat River up
>River shoots King
>King dies
>King Slayer Victory
>FEEL :bark::bark::bark::bark:ING BAD MAN.

Well, I guess that what I get for disrespecting River.
Stupid freaking Mutt.

That's why I love Armello. It's perfectly possible to be 50 miles in the lead just for someone to hail a Taxi and drive to the finish line.

It's truly a sign of good design when a player that's massively in the lead still has to worry about the possibility of losing. So much so that he has to use every possible ability he has to try to win, and loses based on a dice role.

Last edited:

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
Daily report of le epik Armello BS

Explanation for those who don't play this game, again: The Dice in Armello are six sided, and the Wyld sign (The Tree) allows you to attack the enemy and role again.
So if you can preform basic math and realize that I have 1 Sun out of 10 Attack: I rolled the Wyld sign nine times.

This is a 6 sided dice!
I punched the numbers for the chance of this happening, and (if my math is correct) there's a 00000992290301% of this happening.

Like, I'm not saying that it's weighted, but...

Last edited:

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
This is still my dumb meme thread.

I just want to post this because I'm kinda proud of how little work went into it.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I actually wishlisted this back when it released on Steam. Not really my preferred genre, but the art and whatnot did appeal to me.

So yeah, if I can get it for like $8 or so CAN, I'll probably bite.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I actually wishlisted this back when it released on Steam. Not really my preferred genre, but the art and whatnot did appeal to me.

So yeah, if I can get it for like $8 or so CAN, I'll probably bite.
Summer sale will start in a ~month if I recall correctly, so it may get cheaper.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Well, I just bought the game since it was 25% off. The expansion characters must wait a bit, but Elyssia looks really dope for my usual fortifier playstyle.

Still, played my first match (against AI, so no big challenge) with Barnaby. Holy crow that little bunny is really OP. You can just spam item cards, equip the best ones, and throw the previous ones away in battles or perils. I slaughtered through the entire match without dying, having an arse ton of prestige and finally taking down the king when he was at 1 HP, because why not.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Still, played my first match (against AI, so no big challenge) with Barnaby. Holy crow that little bunny is really OP. You can just spam item cards, equip the best ones, and throw the previous ones away in battles or perils. I slaughtered through the entire match without dying, having an arse ton of prestige and finally taking down the king when he was at 1 HP, because why not.
AI matches are VERY different from player matches. The AI is limited by its technical constraints and a lack of awareness and strategy (no smart AIs invented yet). They play stuff like clockwork, and don't understand board placing or counters.

Nappy plays Bernard as his main, and although he does tend to win a decent chunk of the matches, that's usually because Leedin and I are busy harassing each other with Amber/River to pay his silent, stay-out-of-combat gathering of stones much attention. I'm really interested to see how Magna and Bernard will counter each other, actually. Really need to get a match going.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
AI matches are VERY different from player matches. The AI is limited by its technical constraints and a lack of awareness and strategy (no smart AIs invented yet). They play stuff like clockwork, and don't understand board placing or counters.
Yeah, I gathered that much, but better play a match to understand what the tutorial was talking about and get into the game.

So, how many of you guys play with it in the team?

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
I like Barnubs. I also like Zosha and Amber. Mercurio, Brun, and Thane are kinda fun, but I never really liked Sana or River.
Of the new characters I like Donald Trump Elyssia the most, though Axe Magna is also really fun. Jebus Rat Sargon has waaaaay too low body to be played realistically...
And Ghor? Actually broken. Slinging 60000000 damage spells from across the map and ruining the game for everyone. Is totally going to get nerfed. Literally everyone on the forums hates him.

Also Anniversary Event.

This wasn't a waste of $2 on the Community Market.

Also also:

When your meme is so supreme the developers let out a scream. :Paprika:

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Yeah, I gathered that much, but better play a match to understand what the tutorial was talking about and get into the game.

So, how many of you guys play with it in the team?
Nappy, Leed and me. Jay also purchased it and played a couple sessions with us, but he hasn't had the free time to join us in a while. But hey. Perfect team size for public matches ;)

Also, @TigerKirby215 - You should ask 'em TFH crossover when ;)http://forums.themsfightinherds.com/index.php?members/tigerkirby215.1967/

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
You bought that dice? You have like two weeks for it to drop. Even I got one.

Anyways, managed two victories, both by the fails of the almost-winners.
First was a Ghor rushing in at the end and killing the king. Plot twist, the king also killed him, so victory was given to the prestige leader, namely me.
Second one was even more hilarious. Wallingrabbit was owning everyone on the match, so hard that I was the second with only two(!) prestige. Then she had the glorious idea to attack the king, nullifying her lead. She beat the king... down to 1hp and she was the last in the turn. Then come morning, the king dies, the prestige leader wins. And I'm dying of laughter.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
I'd play it, but the GoG version isn't going to have the DLC so that's kind of shitty.

Not sure why the game is fine being DRM Free but the DLC isn't. And all those people who bought the game on GoG are SOL now if they want more.

It's not something I want to support. Don't release a game that you need to lock away content from people who buy it on certain platforms, and not tell them until they do that their version isn't going to be as good as other versions. Thankfully, GoG has a pretty good refund policy.

TigerKirby215

Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
>Be me
>As new DLC character Axe (Magna)

>Enemy Zosha breaks into the palace
>Dies against king
>Am playing a combat character
>"Well. Thanks for opening the path to the king."

>Fight King
>King is at 1 HP
>I am at 1 HP
>Zosha is in palace
>Has turn before me (2econd last. I am last.)

>Enemy Sargon teleports her out of Castle
>"Well. Now I have a chance."
>If I die fighting the king Sargon wins. If I live fighting king I win.

>Zosha be like: Well, I may have lost, but Sargon sure as hell isn't getting the win.
>Heals me for 4 HP
>mfw

>Spam Trickery Deck for Shields and Swords
>All Shields and Swords
>Spam Shields and Swords
>Kill King
>Survive
>Win

Zosha, you're a good person.
Thanks for the free win. :Tianhuo:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
So far it is a fun game, but it has some ridiculous connection issues. For some reason people are dropping out left right and center, sometimes me included, and usually they are not ragequits. Just had a game where literally everyone lost connection, ending with me. And yes, ports are all unlocked.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
So far it is a fun game, but it has some ridiculous connection issues. For some reason people are dropping out left right and center, sometimes me included, and usually they are not ragequits. Just had a game where literally everyone lost connection, ending with me. And yes, ports are all unlocked.
That is indeed a thing that exists. That and a NMA bug that keeps reincarnating every build with similar, but not quite exact symptoms and reasons, and which is the reason we're down to 3 people from the... 7? 8? that bought it on the winter sale to play together: It's hard to get a complete match going.

Inhouse usually resulted in someone NMAing 2 turns before match end, and even public matches usually take 4 or 5 tries to get it STARTED, because people will lose connection on match load and everyone gets booted back to main menu. And once you're in, there's only a 70%ish guarantee nobody will NMA or DC before match ends.

Two nights ago, I Magna'd Nappy's Barnaby to death. Everyone saw him die and respawn at clan grounds... except Nappy himself, who apparently stayed in the tile. With me. All of the desynch. Come his next turn, where everyone was expecting a NMA, the game instead decides, "nope, the dude that desynch'd is right, even though you got the prestige reward for killing him", and the stranger makes him FLY half map away from his clan grounds to stand on a swamp and instadie from full (7 hearts) health.

It's a bit of a buggy game, but when it works, it's pretty damn entertaining. It just happened to use a certain engine known for precisely these flavours of bugs.

CrazyBob05

Feb 9, 2016
Either the AI behind Barnaby's a real bitch or I suck with River... I'm gonna' go with the latter. I kicked some serious ass with Thane though. As far as which character is my favorite design-wise I like Elyssia (and I hate Donald Trump, go figure). Really wanna' try playing with Scarlet but I'm not a crowdfunder... *sadface*

I usually stick to single player.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Played with Reysol days and days ago. He got the best luck in the entire game, it was a wonder why he didn't win...

TWILBRY

Mar 6, 2018

In this progress (Prestige leader and used the Key to enter)

At this situation (Shimmer Shield)

In this moment (burnt all shield cards and King's HP was 1)

The King made only 3 swords and no one got harmed. Then, Fang successfully breached in and used the spirit stone.

No comment.

Eliah Pickford

Apr 11, 2019
Best Armello story I have is hard to believe, but did happen. I was laughing for a while when it did.

I was fighting the king, burned cards for an advantage, but was still worried he'd get enough attacks in to result in a mutual kill. Then the dice rolled...he got a shield. I think the rest of the die rolled the wrong suns/moons and trees as near all of them fizzled out, and he only got 1 shield. Needless to say, he lost. (Note:When you are corrupted, worms explode while trees fizzle. Also note:The king can re-roll suns/moons that fizzle once)

It was like an epic battle, where the villain dropped their weapon in mid swing before being struck down. Can't remember how long I laughed after that. What manner of mad RNG was that? And no, I have yet to win the lottery.