1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Them's Fightin' Herds is now out on Early Access!
    You can buy it from these links.
    Humble Bundle // Steam

3. 26.6.18: Situation update

Current Early Access Patch: 8-18-2018

Age of the cast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valsion, May 15, 2018.

1. Valsion

Valsion Well-Known Member

It has already been said that Arizona is one year old and that cows in Foenum age the same as real cows. So how old would the rest of the cast be?

Assuming that the rest of the cast also ages and lives as long as their real life counterpart, there are some estimates that can be made.

Reindeer live roughly 21 years and reach maturity at 2 years. Since Velvet gives the impression of a young adult, I would estimate her age to around those 2 years, could be a bit over or even under.

Sheep live up to 12 years and at 12 months, a lamb becomes a sheep, which means that Pom must be under a year old, since she is specifically called a lamb. Judging by her height and mental maturity so far, I would estimate her at around 10 months old then.

Paprika is like Velvet in the fact that she is most likely a young adult already, though I would still judge her to be a bit below the maturity age for her species. Alpacas live up to 20 years and reach maturity between 16 and 24 months. So I would estimate Paprikas age to be a bit over a year, maybe one and a half years.

Oleander and Tianhuo are tougher to crack, since both are mythical beings. It has already been stated that unicorns do not age like horses, so using those to help estimate her age would be pointless.

2. Stunthead

Stunthead Springbok when
    Backers' Beta Tester

Dunno about the literal age in years just yet, but this is from the Livestream Recap thread:

#2 Stunthead, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Pom d'or and Delusional Dreamer like this.
  3. Valsion

Valsion Well-Known Member

Huh, strange. I was pretty sure Pom would be the youngest of the cast. But the info on Oleander is interesting. Despite being 26/27 she is still not finished with puberty. This could, if the rate of maturing is relatively the same, mean that unicorns live roughly twice as long as humans.

Delusional Dreamer likes this.